• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Chi Fighting Style For Balance

Hero

Verified Member
Not to be mean or anything, but I am slightly annoyed by the fact this is almost exactly what I suggest but no one wanted....

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Not to be mean or anything, but I am slightly annoyed by the fact this is almost exactly what I suggest but no one wanted....
Lol just dont even try, people will always like chi since its canon. Just like everything in this plugin. OMG FIRECOMET ITS CANON ADD IT. LAVABENDING ITS CANON... ADD IT NOW!!!!. Yup it pretty much won't end. Minecraft is not Legend of korra... but people will always try to make it.

Hero

Verified Member
Lol just dont even try, people will always like chi since its canon. Just like everything in this plugin. OMG FIRECOMET ITS CANON ADD IT. LAVABENDING ITS CANON... ADD IT NOW!!!!. Yup it pretty much won't end. Minecraft is not Legend of korra... but people will always try to make it.
Do you know what im even talking about?

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
All fo the extra stuff like lava bending, lightning bending, chiblocking ect add doversity to the minecraft bending.
more diversity = more possabilitys = more freedom = more fun <---which is what this game is about.
besides, imagine if there was only watermanipulation, fire blast, earthblast and airpunch and no chiblocking. Im pretty sure bending would get boring.
Yes Hero: just completely taking chi out of the equasion would make for alot less..."simplicity" and yes waterfan: taking out would cause problems since it is cannon and some ppl actualy play chiblocker (I am one of them).
but instead of removing it completely or even leaving it the same y not fix it?

WaterFan99

Verified Member
All fo the extra stuff like lava bending, lightning bending, chiblocking ect add doversity to the minecraft bending.
more diversity = more possabilitys = more freedom = more fun <---which is what this game is about.
besides, imagine if there was only watermanipulation, fire blast, earthblast and airpunch and no chiblocking. Im pretty sure bending would get boring.
Yes Hero: just completely taking chi out of the equasion would make for alot less..."simplicity" and yes waterfan: taking out would cause problems since it is cannon and some ppl actualy play chiblocker (I am one of them).
but instead of removing it completely or even leaving it the same y not fix it?
well if you want to balance chi, why don't you suggest chiblockers not being able to punch through Airblasts? or walls of fire?. Better yet, why can chiblockers paralyze with one click then just unleash quickstrikes which do about 1.5 per hit? lol i just dont get it.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
Every fighter has its stregnths and weaknesses:
chiblockers are supposed to be deadly at close range and in the cartoon once they are within 5 feet of you you can just consider yourself dead.
but weaknesses being status effects such as fire #beware the lava and against a good bender it becomes annoyingly harder to get close enough to punch.
this chiblocker for balance post has a good idea to fix some of the OP things with chi such as making paralyze a maxed out slow instead of a completely Gravity defying freeze and instead of 1 click killers the moves are replaced with combos but...
on the bad side for this post, if the paralyze was a slow instead of a paralyze moves like backstab will become pretty hard to land especialy if your enmy can just turn to avoid being backstabbed. and even in fights sometimes a chibloker only has 1 or 2 hits to do what they can before the opposing bender either sets him on fire, uses lava bullcrap or flys away...
so thats somthing to consider. but chi is possable to fix, you just need the right ppl to fix it aswel as come community input.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Every fighter has its stregnths and weaknesses:
chiblockers are supposed to be deadly at close range and in the cartoon once they are within 5 feet of you you can just consider yourself dead.
but weaknesses being status effects such as fire #beware the lava and against a good bender it becomes annoyingly harder to get close enough to punch.
this chiblocker for balance post has a good idea to fix some of the OP things with chi such as making paralyze a maxed out slow instead of a completely Gravity defying freeze and instead of 1 click killers the moves are replaced with combos but...
on the bad side for this post, if the paralyze was a slow instead of a paralyze moves like backstab will become pretty hard to land especialy if your enmy can just turn to avoid being backstabbed. and even in fights sometimes a chibloker only has 1 or 2 hits to do what they can before the opposing bender either sets him on fire, uses lava bullcrap or flys away...
so thats somthing to consider. but chi is possable to fix, you just need the right ppl to fix it aswel as come community input.
I understand your point, i would agree that lavabending and other retarded stuff is worse than chi, but who would fix it? ._.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
I understand your point, i would agree that lavabending and other retarded stuff is worse than chi, but who would fix it? ._.
anyone who is willing and skilled enough to?
sometimes to fix it all thats is needed is a small tweak instead of an entier skill redo.
like for the lava flow, instead of the INSTANT lava pool at the click of a shift bar y dont you use the same particle system that happen on a leftclick. it would atleast give the player some time to react b4 they are drowned in lava instead of instantly being baptized in it the moment they get within 5 blocks of an earthbender

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
Pearsonaly, i (being the chiblocker i am) am trying or atleast want to try to work on fixing Chiblocking or making metalbending worth the time to play beacuse RLY, ANY fighter as of now can beat a metalbender with little to no competition but in legend of korra metalbenders are some of the strongest fighters there is. now tell me how does that make sense

SuperBower118

Verified Member
anyone who is willing and skilled enough to?
sometimes to fix it all thats is needed is a small tweak instead of an entier skill redo.
like for the lava flow, instead of the INSTANT lava pool at the click of a shift bar y dont you use the same particle system that happen on a leftclick. it would atleast give the player some time to react b4 they are drowned in lava instead of instantly being baptized in it the moment they get within 5 blocks of an earthbender
The instant lava is actually a glitch (god knows when PK will fix it- it's been around for so long and that's probably why you think it's an actual feature)

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
The instant lava is actually a glitch (god knows when PK will fix it- it's been around for so long and that's probably why you think it's an actual feature)
its glitch?!
*the more ya know*
well i think it should have some kinda indicator that its being activated thou so its not instant death (PK plz fix)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
My thoughts on this thread though?
This is honestly the best Chi-Blocking suggestion I've seen so far the forums. Amazing work man.

Tornak

This sounds so good! I have been chi on a server for a few months now and I don't find it much fun as it is at the moment. A complete rework like this is exactly what Chi needs!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well they should, expect not catching on fire I disagree. There fist should burn from the punched fire, should'nt it? ;)
Would it be possible to have a chi blocker (or anyone) burn if they punched through a wall of fire? Not too much to ask for, but I wonder if it's even possible with the plugin

Hero

Verified Member
Well they should, expect not catching on fire I disagree. There fist should burn from the punched fire, should'nt it? ;)
This is EXACTLY like the rework I suggest -_-

If you got inspired by me, I would like it if you actually give credit....