• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Nerfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Loony said:
Uh..

This combo isn't needed really, I don't see any use for it. Firstly, avatar state gives you regeneration OR you could just use healing waters. Secondly you can just freeze yourself with torrent.

I'm going to deny.
First off, let's start with healing waters. Here's what wrong with it;
- You get blindness effect: no worries, you healed! HealingWaters beats magical effects with ease. Yeah, as if Toph wanted to be blind.
- Withers is about to kill you: well eff it, healingwaters can save your life! Healers from The Northern Water Tribe didn't put effort in saving her life right after she was born.
- Feeling Dizzy from Nausea? HealingWaters is the medicine for that as well.
- Dying from hunger? Welp...

No you understand how op is it? It cures you from all status effects, including the one's that are magically caused by potions. That doesn't make sense, therefor I think it should be nerfed like that.

Secondly, avatarstate... not gonna say too much about, because there is already a thread about it taken into consideration in development. However, I can you provide with you this: Did you know the episode when Aang (almost, if it wasn't for Katara) died from Azula's Lightning. He WAS in the avatarstate. Go watch it If you haven't. All I'm saying that Regeneration effect executes to quickly, so I think it should take a few seconds for the effect to slowly kick in.

Here's the thread btw: http://projectkorra.com/threads/different-avatarstate.881/

Loony

Verified Member
Not sure why you quoted what I said lol..

Anyway, I agree healing waters shouldn't instantly heal these negative effects. Looking into

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A little things to put things in perspective

I agree on 1/4 of these.

Hunger has nothing to do with ailment so healing waters shouldn't heal it.

However, the other 3 are a different story.

Nausea can be cured by medicine, so why can't it be cured by healing waters? Sitting down and doing nothing even helps.

Wither is basically poison, just from the wither, and being poisoned can be cured as demonstrated in the series by Katara.

Blindness in minecraft isn't like toph's blindness, you can still see with it, its just range of your vision is decreased. Its more like smoke in your eyes agitating them than actual blindness. So why can't it be cured by healing?

I also agree that it shouldn't instantly cure them, it should take a couple seconds.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Potions are magic?
Welp, they don't exist in real life and they mostly are iconic to witches.

Now to the previous replier:
Wither is wither - it is mystical (correct me) thing gotten by a supernatural-ish being. I don't what does this status effect's name stand for anything but I'm pretty sure it's fi.. oh actually I remember that it is called a process when a plant dies, but I don't think its a irl condition of medical or some sort of (internet slow and lazy to google).

The only way you can get blindness is from potions I believe, and potions are made by potion (as you see above Hero re-mentioning my claim). You will of course argue that healing is magicial stuff to and really playing together with science, but how I recall it that it never did healing anything magical (not counting spiritbending), so healing your eyes that have been
infected by magic isn't really gonna work out.

Green

Verified Member

Don't you people notice healing waters is on the "magical" side of things..... Just saying.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You may be right about the wither, but on the other hand You can't get blindness in minecraft without commands. BUT with bending you can be blinded by a SMOKE screen. So therefore blindness should be able to be cured by healing waters. Heck flushing your eyes out with water would be enough.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You may be right about the wither, but on the other hand You can't get blindness in minecraft without commands. BUT with bending you can be blinded by a SMOKE screen. So therefore blindness should be able to be cured by healing waters. Heck flushing your eyes out with water would be enough.
I mean taking a dip in water and just making it heal you won't cure your blindness, but flushing your eyes out (or going into at least a 2 block deep water source) should be able to.

Don't you people notice healing waters is on the "magical" side of things..... Just saying.
Healing waters is able to speed up the recovery of injuries sustained. In Minecraft, you're able to stagnate your health loss when you're dying from starvation.
Nausea can be cured by medicine, so why can't it be cured by healing waters? Sitting down and doing nothing even helps.
Nausea can be cured by medicine, but healing waters isn't medicine.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I mean taking a dip in water and just making it heal you won't cure your blindness, but flushing your eyes out (or going into at least a 2 block deep water source) should be able to.

Healing waters is able to speed up the recovery of injuries sustained. In Minecraft, you're able to stagnate your health loss when you're dying from starvation.

Nausea can be cured by medicine, but healing waters isn't medicine.
Ya If anything healing waters is stronger than medicine and more potent.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

I just said that...

You will of course argue that healing is magicial stuff to and really not playing together with science, but how I recall it that it never did healing anything magical (not counting spiritbending), so healing your eyes that have been
infected by magic isn't really gonna work out.
Its magic can't fight all magic, especally physical injuries/infection. Remember when Sokka's first gf told a story about when she couldn't wake up right after birth, and even PROFFESIONAL healers couldn't heal her shit. That proofs not all goody stuff that thing can heal. I can also assosiate Aang's NDE with Wither effect, that Katara propably wouldn't be able to save his life without spirit water in her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.