• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Natural Wind (Event)

Would you like to see this in ProjectKorra?

• Total voters

vidant829

Verified Member
Idea: Air particles in a configurable quantites would flow throughout the overworld. The direction in which they would go would sync with a new force that would push entities that are not being shielded by a block in the direction that the force is pushing. The "force" being what would be called wind would vary in strength and direction automatically and manually. If possible, the wind would also have different patterns and properties in specific biomes. Patterns would dictate how high winds would flow and which direction they would typically go in. Properties would dictate how the winds would effect entities as well as a player's bending.
For example, desert biomes would have dry, weak to strong winds that blow near normal altitudes. Any crops within the influence of th dominate wind will take a longer period of time to grow. In terms of bending, Waterbending will become weaker in range, size and damage while Firebending will become stronger in these attributes. These debuffs will become more effective if facing the oppisite direction of the wind while the buffs will become more effective when facing the same direction as it. Earth and Airbending would also be effected with the exception that Airbending would take on the same properties as the wind around them.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Speaking beforehand, I predict that this would cause a decent amount of lag especially with servers that contain a lot of players with ever-existing entities dropping. Having even a small amount of particles throughout the entire over-world would probably overload a player's client or let alone, the server.
Not trying at all to shut down this idea, because as I said previously I am speaking beforehand, with only a novice's idea of what coding is like and it's abilities.
I love the idea in general, would love to see the feedback from the devs if it is possible, but from my knowledge, not only will this be extremely complicated or impossible to do but it will also cause major TPS drops, lag, and possibly server and client side crashes.
Again, would love to see what the devs think and if this is entirely possibly, or partially.
Love the suggestion and concept, keep the ideas flowing but within reason! <3

~Apple<3

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Speaking beforehand, I predict that this would cause a decent amount of lag especially with servers that contain a lot of players with ever-existing entities dropping. Having even a small amount of particles throughout the entire over-world would probably overload a player's client or let alone, the server.
Not trying at all to shut down this idea, because as I said previously I am speaking beforehand, with only a novice's idea of what coding is like and it's abilities.
I love the idea in general, would love to see the feedback from the devs if it is possible, but from my knowledge, not only will this be extremely complicated or impossible to do but it will also cause major TPS drops, lag, and possibly server and client side crashes.
Again, would love to see what the devs think and if this is entirely possibly, or partially.
Love the suggestion and concept, keep the ideas flowing but within reason! <3

~Apple<3
Maybe only in the chunck( and 1 row around it) where a players is?

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Speaking from a server that has an average 75 players during the day, mostly in different places of the wild and or spawn-worlds, this would still create a decent if not tremendous amount of lag on the server and the client. I really do like some of the concepts of this, but I just do not think it is doable with minimal lag.

Maybe an add-on ability, for smaller servers? However, that is mainly up to the developers and other local coders that want to grasp this major project.

~Apple<3

V

Vidcom

I'd just say make there be very, very few particles seen at any given time. Say a windforce of 2 has to be present to see any at all, and they're always visible at force 5? That, and particles only load per chunk, to make life easier for the server. Maybe the chunk the players in + the surrounding 8?

owlcool

Verified Member
Is it just me or did you sneak in the, firebenders stronger in desert, Waterbenders weaker in the desert thing?

vidant829

Verified Member
Is it just me or did you sneak in the, firebenders stronger in desert, Waterbenders weaker in the desert thing?
Nope, I explained my idea behind it as being an example of a property that the wind would have in a desert biom.