• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Multiple Clicks and Abilities

iCarly

This suggestion is going to be a game changing one, especially in terms of water bending. This will expand the possibilities of water bending and it's sub-elements.

Only works for the following abilities:

Torrent
WaterManipulation

IceSpike
OctopusForm
WaterSpout
Surge

So this is how it works: When you click/shift on a source at a certain number of times, a different ability will be executed. For example, if I click on the Torrent source once, I get the normal Torrent. If I click on it twice, I get a different ability SIMILAR to Torrent. Each ability has individual cooldowns, and the smoke in the sources correspond with the number of clicks. Cannot be done through individual sources, has to be atleast a group of plants or a small pond/lake/river.

Here are some examples for the said abilities, but if you have any other ideas, feel free to comment down below.

Torrent

-2 clicks: Pinwheel
An ability performed by Hama during her battle with Katara. Creates a torrent of water surrounding the water bender vertically instead of horizontally. Can stop multiple arrows and basic abilities like WaterManip, FireBlast and EarthBlast/EarthShard. During the full moon, it will be larger in size and can stop a Torrent, charged FireBlast and an EarthSmash.

-3 clicks: TorrentSpikes
Starts by circling around the bender like a normal torrent, only smaller. You would be able to left click three times, like IceBullet, and each time will shoot an uncontrollable IceSpike. After the IceBarrage, you can use the remaining water for an unfreezable Torrent which can only hit the enemy once and has less damage. In the full moon, the number of spikes increases to 5, and the Torrent can hit the enemy 2 times.

WaterManipulation

-2 shifts: Pierce
A Manip that is double in size, but same in damage and can hit multiple enemies. Can pierce through basic blocks such as wood, stone, dirt and ice. In the full moon, it can pierce through almost any block.

-3 shifts: WaterBarrage
A high cooldown ability where you can click multiple times to launch multiple Manips that deal less damage but is much faster. In the full moon, the Manips becomes Pierce.

IceSpike

-2 shifts: IceShards (Can only be done on snow or ice)
Raises three blocks of ice in the air and can be launched to the enemy, slowing them, knocking them back and dealing a little damage. In the full moon, it increases to five shards.

-3 shifts: IceProngs (Can only be done on snow or ice)
An ability performed by Eska and Desna vs. Ming Hua. Shift three times then hold the third shift, wait for the smoke, and then left click to create a homing field of ice spikes that can slow enemies and knock them up. In the full moon, The field increases in size and range, and the spikes increase in height and damage.

OctopusForm

-2 clicks: OctopusWave
An ability performed by Katara in the Catacombs, where she turned her OcotpusForm into a WaterWave. While OctopusForm is active, let go of the shift to form a WaterWave similar to SpoutWave. The wave is going to be bigger and faster in the full moon.

-3 clicks: OctopusStrike
The tentacles formed by OctopusForm can extend, thus enabling the water benders to strike them from a short distance/height. Will have a longer range and will slow people in the full moon.

WaterSpout

-2 clicks: ---NO IDEA

-3 clicks: WaterSlam
A move performed by Kya during her fight with Zaheer. When the water bender's SpoutWave hits an enemy, it damages them a little and pushes them back. Water blocks from the wave are going to remain for a short period of time, allowing the waterbenders to freeze the water before it vanishes. During the full moon, the water bender can shift again after the wave to create a smaller, unfreezable Torrent.

Surge

-2 shifts: SurgeRam

A normal Surge wave that does less knockback but does a little damage. During the full moon, the knockback will be more powerful.

-3 shifts: Tsunami
Creates a 1 block inland wave, flooding a portion of the land. Click to freeze, like Pakku did during the Sozin's Comet. Freezing will make the enemies stuck for a second or two. Use during the full moon to create a two block wave. (Wave dissipates if not frozen immediately).

-2 clicks:
ShieldBlast
Pretty self explanatory. If used when the shield is liquid, it will act like a normal Surge. If used when the shield is frozen, will act like a big IceSpike, slowing and damaging the enemy. Release shift to send shield forward.

-3 clicks: ----NO IDEA

I hope you like it!!!

Last edited:

xNuminousx

I love these ideas. I think it’s an intuitive way to include several new abilities without the hassle of binding them. Unfortunately I doubt the dev team would work on this but I would love to see them do so. Good job!

iCarly

I love these ideas. I think it’s an intuitive way to include several new abilities without the hassle of binding them. Unfortunately I doubt the dev team would work on this but I would love to see them do so. Good job!
Another amazing Idea, to improve Waterbending.
I was thinking the same could be done for earth bending. Thank you for your feedbacks!! They are much appreciated.

JettMC

I was thinking the same could be done for earth bending. Thank you for your feedbacks!! They are much appreciated.
Ahw, thanks <3

By the way, yes the same thing could be done for Earthbending. Like,

Raise Earth-

Shift twice and leftclick to shoot your wall at your enemy. or Idk.

I think something similar could be done to Lightningbending.

xNuminousx

I don’t think shifting twice would work. The clicking/shifting multiple times thing would only work for selecting your source. Like for WaterManip you select your source with one function then use that source with another. With raiseearth you select source and use it at the same time so because of that, it could interfere with how they use their abilities in a negative way. For instance, if you wanted to spawn two walls quickly, you’d actually end up executing the shift twice function accidentally.

JettMC

I don’t think shifting twice would work. The clicking/shifting multiple times thing would only work for selecting your source. Like for WaterManip you select your source with one function then use that source with another. With raiseearth you select source and use it at the same time so because of that, it could interfere with how they use their abilities in a negative way. For instance, if you wanted to spawn two walls quickly, you’d actually end up executing the shift twice function accidentally.
True!

Well, iCarly will have better ideas than mine that's for sure.

So this is how it works: When you click/shift on a source at a certain number of times, a different ability will be executed. For example, if I click on the Torrent source once, I get the normal Torrent. If I click on it twice, I get a different ability SIMILAR to Torrent. Each ability has individual cooldowns, and the smoke in the sources correspond with the number of clicks. Cannot be done through individual sources, has to be atleast a group of plants or a small pond/lake/river.
Wouldn't this ause complications such as "crap, I clicked more than I should hae, now I'm stuck"?

-2 clicks: Pinwheel
An ability performed by Hama during her battle with Katara. Creates a torrent of water surrounding the water bender vertically instead of horizontally. Can stop multiple arrows and basic abilities like WaterManip, FireBlast and EarthBlast/EarthShard. During the full moon, it will be larger in size and can stop a Torrent, charged FireBlast and an EarthSmash.
You know I see this more applied to Surge SHIELD (If changes are applied) where it's allowed to be shaped in any way via cursor movements. Would be kind of meaningless and a hogger with it's code when there'smore advance version of this ability (Surge with its dimensions and two modes) that most players would prefer using. All this would take is for the waterbender to lft click and swipe the cursor vertically.
-3 clicks: TorrentSpikes
Starts by circling around the bender like a normal torrent, only smaller. You would be able to right and left click three times, like IceBullet, and each time will shoot an uncontrollable IceSpike. After the IceBarrage, you can use the remaining water for an unfreezable Torrent which can only hit the enemy once and has less damage. In the full moon, the number of spikes increases to 5, and the Torrent can hit the enemy 2 times.
Right click can't be detected If you click at air. Hence why IceBullet works because you're puncing ice and firewheel requires to click the ground. Pretty untitive If you had to shift POV up and down for a fast pace rapid click attack. Just make it a combo between torrent (hold shift) -> icespike (left click rapidly).

iCarly

Wouldn't this ause complications such as "crap, I clicked more than I should hae, now I'm stuck"?
Which would heighten the skill ceiling, thus segregating the truly skilled waterbenders from the average ones.

You know I see this more applied to Surge SHIELD (If changes are applied) where it's allowed to be shaped in any way via cursor movements. Would be kind of meaningless and a hogger with it's code when there'smore advance version of this ability (Surge with its dimensions and two modes) that most players would prefer using. All this would take is for the waterbender to lft click and swipe the cursor vertically.
Surge can be glitchy sometimes with its auto-select function. Sometimes you don't know if you're getting a shield or a wave.

Right click can't be detected If you click at air. Hence why IceBullet works because you're puncing ice and firewheel requires to click the ground. Pretty untitive If you had to shift POV up and down for a fast pace rapid click attack. Just make it a combo between torrent (hold shift) -> icespike (left click rapidly).
Left click, then.

Surge can be glitchy sometimes with its auto-select function. Sometimes you don't know if you're getting a shield or a wave.
It's not glitchy. It deselects after switching slot or using it to prevent over abuse of power. Your comment applies even to that:
Which would heighten the skill ceiling, thus segregating the truly skilled waterbenders from the average ones.

iCarly

It's not glitchy. It deselects after switching slot or using it to prevent over abuse of power. Your comment applies even to that:
++ A separate ability can create diversity. IF Pinwheel will be implemented, it has so much possibilities, whereas Surge is just... a shield.

-2 clicks: OctopusWave
An ability performed by Katara in the Catacombs, where she turned her OcotpusForm into a WaterWave. While OctopusForm is active, let go of the shift to form a WaterWave similar to SpoutWave. The wave is going to be bigger and faster in the full moon.
I would prefer If you had to switch slots from OctopusForm to WaterWave before letting go of sneak.

++ A separate ability can create diversity. IF Pinwheel will be implemented, it has so much possibilities, whereas Surge is just... a shield.
And what makes not a shield. Giving Surge SHIELD the ability to be shaped in any form/shape (which is shown many times) would also open possibilities.

iCarly

And what makes not a shield. Giving Surge SHIELD the ability to be shaped in any form/shape (which is shown many times) would also open possibilities.
And that would be a much more pain in the ass to code. Shape into any form/shape?? Really?

Switching there would literally remove the OctoForm...
Well it could be coded not to, as long you're holding sneak to maintain the water construct. There were many discussions on how waterbending lacks the principle of reusing shift-focus required abilities into another one (from octopusform to waterwave, from surge shield into torrent, from spoutwave into waterarms) and it would just be more intuitive.

iCarly

An ability that can be turned into a damaging, hell even a mobility giving one, is much better than shaping water IMO.

iCarly

Well it could be coded not to, as long you're holding sneak to maintain the water construct. There were many discussions on how waterbending lacks the principle of reusing shift-focus required abilities into another one (from octopusform to waterwave, from surge shield into torrent, from spoutwave into waterarms) and it would just be more intuitive.
I wanted it to be different from WaterWave to create more possibilities to leave to the devs.