• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Morph (Light&Dark ability)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Remember the episode, when Korra encountered a random puppy/small dog in the streets, which later revealed itself disguise spirit. This is where I got inspiration from this ability to share with you. Here I start...

With this ability, a spirit can morph into a mob, hence the name, of a randomized one. Meaning, a spirit can't transform into any mob by its choice, but when using the ability it transforms lets say into a wolf without knowing or wanting to become that mob. Here's a list of mobs each type of spirit respectively will get:

Light Spirit

- Sheep
- Bat
- Chicken
- Cow
- Rabbit
- Squid
- Villager
- Chicken
- Mooshroom
- Pig (wow their too many passive mobs :-: )
- Horse|Donkey|Mule
- Wolf
- Ocelot (not sure if I should include cats)
- Golem
Dark Spirit
- Enderman (almost said enderdragon lol)
- (Cave) Spider
- Slime
- Magma Cube
- Witch
- Endermite
- (Wither) Skeleton
- Creeper
- Blaze
- Ghast (disabled or not?)
- Zombie (Villager)
- Elder Dragon
- Zombie Pigman
- Skeleton Horse
- Zombie Horse (op)
- Killer Bunny (op)
- Giant (op)
- Shulker

... (will be adding more because I'm lazy now and I want get one this quick)

Unlike MindControl ability, the spirit won't get any special powers or properties of the disguised mob they are (as a skeleton (s)he can't conjure and shoot infinite arrows, ocelots can't scare away creepers, spirit still retains its ordinary 10 hearts).However, they have limitations or advantage in going variety of space size entrances, depending if their new shapeshifted body can fit in those tunnels. They also walk at the same movement/pace of the creature they are. Another cool feature could be added, where when the player sends a message in the chat box, a sound from them will be heard by him and everyone around him of the creature the player is. That's all.

Fushion
  • When two dark spirits standing on the same block and one of them performs Morph while the other one has it selected, they will transform into one of these by random choice
    • Skeleton Horse
    • Spider Jockey
  • When a dark and light spirits is standing on the same block and one of them performs Morph while the other one has it selected, they will transform into Chicken Jockey
The Spirit that is the one being ridden mob will be able to walk around while the rider his on his back, moving along together. The Rider - not so much could do.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
I think you should some how be able to be what mob you want to be though......

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Meh I think it would be somehow over powered if they could disguise however they one. This would allow to easily to bust who's a imposter (spelled it wrong im sure) and with my given drawback a player has a chance to obviously find out if the mob is fake or not, as an example of the morphed spirit disguise as the random squid happens to be lying on land without dying of the lack of air or a unsual phenomen of the blaze or a magma cube being stranded in regular world. This revieled them very quickly depending if the mob happens to be in a usual place or acts weirdly than the average corresponding mob

Thank you @Vidcom for moving this thread where it belongs.

ETA And you may ask how this is useful? Well, since this is disguising ability, so having shapeshift into somehow would probably give the first application of this ability - hiding. Like if you're being chased and know that you can't run away from your enemy, but (s)he is from your sight - just morph. Hopefully you turn into a common one in a propier place where those mobs of you happen to be there often or less unsually.

Like in the episode where this technique was demonstrated, you can secretly meet with someone and maybe if you have to send to the one a package (aka item) without being possibly caught or killed by some reason (maybe spirit hunters like your spiritual blood :p, or maybe there will some kind of "spiritual collection concept", or someone wanna advenge of you for whatever did... you can't never know).

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And you may ask how this is usefull? Well, since this is disguising ability, so having shapeshfit into somehow would probably give the first application of this ability is - hiding. Like if your chance and know that can't run away from your enemy, but (s)he is from your sight - just shapeshift. Hopefully you turn into a common one in a propier place where those mobs of you happen to be there often or less unsually.
Like in the episode where this technique was demonstrated, you can send someone a package (aka item) without being possibly caught or killed by some reason.

Green

Verified Member
This ability should be where you can hit a mob and basically get "transferred" into it. Which really it would get rid of the mob and disguise you as it.