• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Mixing Earthgrab and eartharmor together.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Hey guys i have been thinking. What if you guys mix earthgrab into eartharmor it makes sense right? also leaves another slot for another move. This would be simple like waterwave and waterspout. If you click someone with eartharmor i'll grab them in earth, if you shift with eartharmor it will encase you in grab. If you click an earthbendable block it will encase the eartharmor giving resistance. the click feature might be tricky but i'm sure the shift function is really possible. i am suggesting this because i think if it was one move insted of two. it would be easy to grab yourself insted of going to another totally differ slot. Also, Most people have eartharmor close and ready to their attack abilitys so having this function would be more effective towards firebenders. not to mention we get another free alot to put hmmm mabye lava or tremorsense, and even earthtunnel.

6tijn

Verified Member
This is some simple, very nice idea. c:

I do agree that some moves should be combined. It happened to waterwave and waterspout. Why not give more elements this mixed to provide more slots for more moves?

Sketz

Verified Member
I love the idea. You're right. because some people don't have enough slots. This could allow them to bend other lavamoves.
Even EarthTunnel. EarthTunnel use to be an important part of earthbending, but i haven't seen it been used in Forrever!

I'd love to see people use EarthTunnel. :')

6tijn

Verified Member
Yes, maybe earthtunnel could mix with catapult? clikc for catapult, shift for earthtunnel

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes, maybe earthtunnel could mix with catapult? clikc for catapult, shift for earthtunnel
I see how you mean that, but a launching move and a tunneling move mixed together makes no sense (to me) :/ EarthGrab and EarthArmor are both defensive

V

Vidcom

Who is Orion i saw his name like 10 times in my life but i just don't know why he seems so famous ?
Orion made the original bending plugin, which contained all the stock moves for normal elementbending you see in Project Korra now, exceptions being WaterWave, Bloodbending, Lightning, Suffocate, and all Combos. He ran it from 2012 to this summer, with his own server which had a special modified version of the plugin which he used to test new moves. This summer, he went seriously inactive, and so many figures from around the bending community came together to keep the plugin alive, and bring it some desperately needed new features. Leading this was MistPhizzle, who had worked with Orion before, and all of the other staff eventually joined too. That new plugin was ProjectKorra, and here we are.

V

Vidcom

Who is Orion i saw his name like 10 times in my life but i just don't know why he seems so famous ?
He is still highly respected however, since literally none of this would be possible without his original work. Coding bending from scratch is very hard, and he managed to figure that out, which is far easier said than done. You can imagine him to be like the Wright brother's to our space shuttle.

WeTitans3

Verified Member
Mixing earthtunnel and catapult could be realistic tho, if you think about it. You launch yourself by pulling the earth up underneath you, and you dig by pushing the earth down underneath you.

V

Vidcom

Mixing earthtunnel and catapult could be realistic tho, if you think about it. You launch yourself by pulling the earth up underneath you, and you dig by pushing the earth down underneath you.
True, but you could say the same of RaiseEarth and Collapse merging too. Actually, that DOES make sense...

WeTitans3

Verified Member
Potentially yes, Making RaiseEarth a Left and shift Left Click, and collapse a right and Shift right click. Or raise be left and right, and collapse be shift left and shift right. Id think the first one would be better to keep it similar to the live iterations

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Potentially yes, Making RaiseEarth a Left and shift Left Click, and collapse a right and Shift right click. Or raise be left and right, and collapse be shift left and shift right. Id think the first one would be better to keep it similar to the live iterations
I believe the plugin can only "detect" when someone right clicks a block, not when you just right click. And I'm quite sure you can't detect right shift, since nothing happens when you press right shift.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
He is still highly respected however, since literally none of this would be possible without his original work. Coding bending from scratch is very hard, and he managed to figure that out, which is far easier said than done. You can imagine him to be like the Wright brother's to our space shuttle.
I seriously hope the Owner I met on his server wasnt him. The guy definitely didn't seem capable of creating bending from scratch :/

Mage_x

Verified Member
i say yes to this i want more slots aswell as mixing raiseearth and collapse
but atapult and tunnel together doesnt really make sense

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Orion made the original bending plugin, which contained all the stock moves for normal elementbending you see in Project Korra now, exceptions being WaterWave, Bloodbending, Lightning, Suffocate, and all Combos. He ran it from 2012 to this summer, with his own server which had a special modified version of the plugin which he used to test new moves. This summer, he went seriously inactive, and so many figures from around the bending community came together to keep the plugin alive, and bring it some desperately needed new features. Leading this was MistPhizzle, who had worked with Orion before, and all of the other staff eventually joined too. That new plugin was ProjectKorra, and here we are.
Nice story :') i just want to suicide now :'(

Kiam

Verified Member
I think that some moves should be combined, however, these moves have fairly seperate uses. The ability to make a wall around yourself is still useful.