• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ming hua's Water arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawl Atlastopian

Verified Member
Jezus xd look all the staff loves the idea BUT it isnt possible to make. and i get why they are posting kinda pist off answers to these Water Arms requests as they have to tell everyone it isnt god damn possible for a 1000 times.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I honestly can see Water Arms, I just don't think it's necessary. And for Minecraft there wouldn't be any good, typical use.

I see it as a second "Octopus Form"...

With optional lengths that the server can enforce. This move would also be kind of over powered, unless you made It to where you don't have fast mobility.

As you see in the show, the move is used as a "slicing" ability for Waterbenders. Close up combat and then mobility. The mobility part is what makes me think it is op, because the fact that you have arms made of water that could potentially kill you in one hit is not something you want to see in the Minecraft combat system.

Moonelight

Verified Member
WILL YOU STOP.

The idea of WaterArms requires two arms. 2. Zwei, deux, duo, due, do, TWO. You need TWO arms to do any kind of WaterArms move. It even shows it in the name, -Arms is plural.
As far as Minecraft is concerned, players have one arm. That's why you can't mine with a pick in one hand and a torch in the other. You always have one hand out, the other just not shown. So we can't do WaterARMS on that basis because you only have one arm in Minecraft in the first place.

Now you may be thinking, "But Vid, why not just have a move which is WaterArms but only for one arm at a time?", and I see where you're coming from. However, we hit complications for when people want to split the arms up into many, with one root a la Ming Hua in the picture above ^^^^. In this case, we have multiple limbs, and they have one arm to control from. How do we do this? How can you control multiple things at the same time?

"But Vid, why not just limit to one arm? Surely that seems practical." Sadly, no. Even with a one-armed, one-tendril based WaterArms move, this still isn't going to work out too well, because it's an absurdly flexible move. In the show, Ming-Hua uses them for everything, and she is a world standard bender for it. We're talking a limb that can be used as:
  1. A rope to swing from
  2. A limb that can be swung
  3. A limb that can be thrown
  4. It can grab
  5. It can freeze at the end into sharp spikes
  6. It can throw enemies and freeze them in place
  7. It can turn into a DRILL
  8. It can be used to climb vertical cliffs
  9. It can be used to absorb many, many water sources nearby
  10. It can be used as a whip
  11. It can be frozen straight on to the arm and used as a club
  12. It can be used to grab people and freeze individual body parts
That is 12 different uses for a single bind, which is just a long tendril so far. Us Concept Designers have to figure out how all of these are done, and we have left clicks and shifting to make all of these controls for a single bind. This is IMPOSSIBLE to do.

"But why not make it a Combo?" Because frankly, it would require about 7 separate WaterCombos to cover most of these, along with a move bind, which simply drowns out (pun not intended) the other many potential WaterCombos available to us as ideas out there.

I hope this resolves the WaterArms debate, once and for all.
You literally just said what I was thinking.

You listed the reason I think this move is to op, which SHOULD show people why we don't need this move, it is unbalancing.

I really hate this idea, it just doesn't make sense for Minecraft.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Fast mobility for waterbenders was provided with waterwave, why on earth would we need another move that performs as such? Your attack arms are octopusform, and if the server actually wants octopusform to be useful enough in combat, they can expand the radius as much as their heart desires! (I set mine to 100 on my testing server, and it just looks like a bunch of two block tall water snakes in a large circle around you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.