• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Meteor Shower + Meteorite

Thoughts

• Total voters

Celesteia

Verified Member
Meteor Shower

Every 10 nights or so, a meteor will randomly fall from the sky (configurable) with a message in a chat saying "A Meteor Has Fallen In a ____ Biome!" (configurable) this meteor creates a small hole in the ground, almost as big as a creeper explosion (configurable) made up of netherrack and stone. Inside the meteor, and the rubble surrounding it, there might be a chance of finding 1 "Meteorite" (iron ore, renamed). (This Meteor Shower should also give Firebenders a significant boost to their power at night when it happens, configurable) To mine meteorite, you would need to have a Diamond Pickaxe with at least Efficiency 5, and has a 1/3 chance of breaking a pickaxe, even with unbreaking. (configurable)

Meteorite can also be used to craft various items.

Meteorite Ore (Iron Ore Renamed)
  • Mined from Meteors
  • When mined, gives you 1 Meteorite Shard. (Flint renamed)
  • If used with fortune III only, gives you +1 Meteorite Shard. (configurable)

Meteorite Blocks
  • Made from 9 Meteorite Shards. (Stone block renamed)
  • Earth-bendable block, does x2 damage if used when earthbending (configurable)

Meteorite Sword (crafted like a normal sword using 2 Meteorite Blocks)
  • Stone Sword (renamed)
  • A bit stronger than a diamond sword
  • Comes with Sharpness II
Meteorite Armor (crafted like normal armor using Meteorite Blocks)
  • Leather Armour (renamed) (Cannot be used with Earth Armour)
  • A bit stronger and more durable than diamond armor
  • If an Earthbender uses collapse on someone using the armor, they take suffocation damage.
  • Comes with Resistance II
Key (crafted from 3 Meteorite Shards diagonally)
  • Stick (renamed)
  • Ability to open all wooden and iron doors
  • Ability to open trapdoors
  • Only has 1 use (configurable)
Bracelet (crafted from 4 meteorite blocks surrounding the middle crafting table slot)
  • Allows an Earthbender to bend without any earth
  • Only has ____ uses (configurable)

Migsel

Verified Member
This seems creative and cool and all but I think requiring diamond tools with that good of enchantments would be a lot of work ._.

Celesteia

Verified Member
This seems creative and cool and all but I think requiring diamond tools with that good of enchantments would be a lot of work ._.
That's the point. Something this good has to come with a cost. Also, it is all configurable if the server owner wants to change it.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
This is one of the best suggestions I've seen in this forum yet! VERY creative and it helps more than one bending type! I really love this, nice work!

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Hmm... I'm not sure how effective being able to create blocks would be. Usually, in a plugin, placing a named block and picking it back up removes it's name and original properties. If you remove the blocks and make it like diamond ore in the way that mining the block yields an item instead of the block without crafting a block, it might work nicer. Avoiding making blocks is usually key.

Otherwise, this seems like a fairly fantastic idea, actually.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Great idea! Love the idea of the Meteor event, Meteors can be used to craft items and how Meteor items give earth benders special abilities due to its unique properties.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
well, the crater should disappear after a certain amount of time. Otherwise it would grief everything, since it's every 10 days :/

Last edited: