• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

metalshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
Hi.
As we see in the show, metalbending is a big thing (well in lok). So i was trying to see if i could fight with metal only. What i experienced was that i was missing 1 thing: just an easy attack move, like eartblast or watermanipulation.
So im suggesting this: when you have iron ingot in you inventory or wear an iron chestplate, click and it will shoot an iron ingot (metal clip). If it hits the target it will cause 1 heart of damage. To prevent spamming i would say a little cooldown.
You can also use an iron block or iron ore as a source.
So thats its, easy but needed in my opion.
!!!(Or maybe we could ad this to metalfragments)!!!
Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-59-23.png Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-59-53.png Screenshot_2016-06-22-07-05-58.png

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
First, I want you to know that MetalFragments is a part of JedCore, not ProjectKorra. Second, using metal blocks as a source for EarthBlast causes more damage than a normal EarthBlast. Third, this idea would work better if it were added on to MetalClips in a way, creating an option of hitting the target or attaching it to them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why would shooting ingots and capturing someone would be in one ability? To me, those moves aren't relatable. I think earthblasting (without shifting) would be a better fit for this ability.

Green

Verified Member
I think metal bending is over looked and I think it should have just as many moves as regular earth bending.

uvai

Verified Member
. Third, this idea would work better if it were added on to MetalClips in a way, creating an option of hitting the target or attaching it to them.
I definitely agree, maybe, shifting while launching the iron ingot could make it not grab the enemy.

Green

Verified Member
I definitely agree, maybe, shifting while launching the iron ingot could make it not grab the enemy.
I think it should be the opposite. For this reason: It would take more concentration to wrap the metal around them, then to just shoot it as a projectile. So clicking shoots the projectile, and shifting while clicking shoots it and wraps around the target.

And you can shoot more with just clicking without a cooldown.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
I totally agree with you green!!!
Now im looking at it again i see that this just isnt enough to be a move on its own. And because it those shots are metalclips, this would be the best option we have.
So we agree with this?

uvai

Verified Member
Would make a lot of sense to be in EarthBlast ability
Being in metalclips would make much more sense, due to the way the abilities work, being in earthblast would make the metalbenders dealing an overwhelming barrage of atacks by switching between metal and normal earthblast.

And, this suggestion is very relatable to metalclips, after all, metalclips already does this if you atack a mob that can't wear armor.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Being in metalclips
if it were added on to MetalClips in a way, creating an option of hitting the target or attaching it to them.
I think it'd be odd to add this to metalclips.. As metalclips are meant to pick up/pull people, not really do damage.. I don't think there's any room for it in Metalclips either...
I'd say a new move would be best for it, it'd add something useful to metalbending besides mining & acting like you're a bloodbender.

Green

Verified Member
I think it'd be odd to add this to metalclips.. As metalclips are meant to pick up/pull people, not really do damage.. I don't think there's any room for it in Metalclips either...
I'd say a new move would be best for it, it'd add something useful to metalbending besides mining & acting like you're a bloodbender.
Have you seen the show? This move was used by Kovera (idk how to spell that) and she used the same metal projectiles to wrap and restrain the people instead of doing damage.... But she would have also easily implailed them instead.

Making this two separate moves would be a waste of a slot when they technically can work cohesively together:
One is used for attack (click) and the other is for restraint (shift while clicking).

And one addition to metalclips should be to hold them in place let's say you perform the move, shift while left clicking and you hit you target 4 times. Now you could either let go of shift and the target can move freely or you can remain holding shift and the target will stay in place (because you have 4, I will list what the other amounts will do). As long as you remain shifting the target can not move. But if you let go they can, and after you let go you can shift and point at your target to fully control them (Like move them around).

Now for the amounts of clips and what they will do if still shifting:

1 clip: Slowness 1
2 clips: Slowness 2
3 clips: Slowness 3
4 clips: Target cannot move at all.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But she will used it once more on you for misspelling her name

If you compare metal shots to earthblast and metalclip to eartharmor (they have some notable similarities), you'll understand my counterargument to your "would be a waste of a slot when they technically can work cohesively together".

Green

Verified Member
But she will used it once more on you for misspelling her name

If you compare metal shots to earthblast and metalclip to eartharmor (they have some notable similarities), you'll understand my counterargument to your "would be a waste of a slot when they technically can work cohesively together".
I don't understand how you think earthblast and shooting a metal projectile out of your inventory should go together. Just because metalclips now is how it is doesn't mean it can't be reinvented into the best metal bending move ever!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just because earthblast now is how it is doesn't mean it can't be reinvented into the best metal bending move ever. (I love using someone's words/setence against them when I'm arguing :p )

Anywho, If you're trying to make MetalClips and MetalShots one and the same ability, haven't you thought about doing the same for EarthBlast and EarthArmor? One is a projectile move, other wraps around - which metalclips and metalshots do pretty much the same thing.

Green

Verified Member
Not true at all earth armor isn't the same thing relatively to earth blast......

You have to think it from a more logical way. Like earth grab and earth armor could be combined into to one move. Why? Because it makes sense. And just because earth blast is a projectile and you can wrap earth armor around yours self does not make it at all like what I was taking about. What I was saying you launching the same exact projectile and you can either damage or capture the person.....

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
*sigh* EarthGrap and EarthArmor has one thing in common - gives off protection. I don't see what metalshots and metalclips have. Nevertheless, fine, I don't really care if it's gonna be extention to metalclips are not. Let it be that way If you wish.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Do you even MetalClips bruh?
Yes I do metalclip. I think that metalclips shouldn't deal damage to hostile mobs, but rather in prison them with iron blocks or allow to move them with an iron block from ingots. As for earthblast, it should allow the bender to shoot ingots when a source block isn't selected. The Guy who said along the lines "it would be overwhelming for an earthbender to switch through ingots and earth" I can tell him that it wouldn't be any different - you can bind the two and use them in a rapid succession (unless one of them has a long cooldown). You can all disagree with me, because I will not argue why's that my decision, idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.