• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Metal- Manipulation

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Bumping is just what the name says, typing "bump" while no giving informational input value.

Necro post just adds a comment that might have benefitial to the thread or the reason to revive it.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Both are necroposting but I guess one is necro posting with a purpose? Although, one could simply *bump* because they think it's a good idea and their point was already made in the thread, so why state it again? They could just be looking for more input I suppose.

But gotta be careful with my words! Don't wanna start "demanding" anything!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No point in bringing back threads that have been archived, they were archived for a reason.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
No point?

1) Decent idea that could use more input (Why this shouldn't/should be a thing, improvements)

2) A thread deep in the archive that could easily be forgotten about but is really good.

3) Add on to an existing idea rather than just making the same post twice (a new feature to it/redesigned idea).

These are the reasons I see at least. Although I don't see the harm in making a new thread either. Just repetition and extra work lol.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No point in bringing back threads that have been archived, they were archived for a reason.
I thought the reason was because to save it for later refiling back to each fighting style section? At least they shouldn't be looked in my opinion though. If I look back at my own suggestions, I might find my post awful and would like to add newer ideas/suggestions in a new comment instead of flooding the forum with new threads just to add minor details to the already posted thread.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No point?

1) Decent idea that could use more input (Why this shouldn't/should be a thing, improvements)

2) A thread deep in the archive that could easily be forgotten about but is really good.

3) Add on to an existing idea rather than just making the same post twice (a new feature to it/redesigned idea).

These are the reasons I see at least. Although I don't see the harm in making a new thread either. Just repetition and extra work lol.
If you feel you have better reasons for something to be added than had been previously given, then I would suggest making your own thread for the idea with a better concept, because unless we fire and hire all new cds, you probably won't change their minds by just rehashing or adding onto the previous concept.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you feel you have better reasons for something to be added than had been previously given, then I would suggest making your own thread for the idea with a better concept, because unless we fire and hire all new cds, you probably won't change their minds by just rehashing or adding onto the previous concept.
^^^^ My mind would not be changed, especially if its just an attempt to get your idea accepted, rather than actually reworking it and making it a feasible idea.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
^^^^ My mind would not be changed, especially if its just an attempt to get your idea accepted, rather than actually reworking it and making it a feasible idea.
But aren't they accepted "looking into"? That label is most confusing out of all to me.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
My two cents:

Manipulation
How it will work is click then hold shift to move around a metal block. You can click up to 2 blocks to move around (vertical or horizontal). You can let go of shift and it will fall in place or click to shoot it. When shot it will fall to the ground after hitting the target or reaching max distance. You can use this on iron blocks, gold blocks, anvils, etc. if used on iron bars it will bend them in a certain direction. This move can also be used on metal doors and you can use them as shield or shoot them.
Considering how earthbending in general is dynamic and that this ability is fundamentally theorically possible with every earth matter out there, why not just apply this technique to EarthBlast? I mean the reasons would be:
1. Although it kills the possibility of expanding the sub-element display category, it just makes sense that earthbender should be able to bend a chunk of any earth in telekinetic fashion.
2. There are quite of handy suggestions expressing the desire to bend an earthbendable and move it around in an EarthBlast slot (since that ability as a whole is all about the control of one block.
3. I do think the minimal the list of abilities there (/b d [element]), the cleaner it is.
4. Canon: https://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbending?file=Haru_earthbending.png#Earthbending_abilities

Shooting
You can shoot metal from your inventory or armor by simply holding shift and clicking, and it will become a dropped item once it hits the target or reaches its limit. You can also shoot discs of metal (pressure plates) from metal blocks. To do this look at a metal block and hold shift and a pressure plate made of that material will appear on top of it. Still holding shift you can move it around and click to shoot. Once shot you can hold shift to bring it back to you like lava disc.
Again, I'm thinking this could be the extension to an EarthBlast maybe, though unlike the other technique above - this would be exclusive to metalbending circumstance, because what unique about it is introduces the possibility of bending items that are portable, quite similar or exact to how waterbenders are capable of bending water from the bottles..

How could this work? Just left click with EarthBlast selected (without selecting present place down bendable block) and would shoot out either an ingot, HW pressure plate or iron trapdoor from the user's inventory. If there aren't any of those items, the user's wore iron armor would use up some of its durability to launch those ingots. If either of these items is in the main hand or off-hand, that particular item will always be prioritized in the off-hand, with the main hand being second.

Magnetize
This will allow the user to magnetically attract metal around them. This can be used on dropped metal items or players in metal armor. To use look and the item or player and tap shift repeatedly. You can also do this will metal blocks.
As for this, I agree.

NickC1211

Verified Member
My two cents:

Considering how earthbending in general is dynamic and that this ability is fundamentally theorically possible with every earth matter out there, why not just apply this technique to EarthBlast? I mean the reasons would be:
1. Although it kills the possibility of expanding the sub-element display category, it just makes sense that earthbender should be able to bend a chunk of any earth in telekinetic fashion.
2. There are quite of handy suggestions expressing the desire to bend an earthbendable and move it around in an EarthBlast slot (since that ability as a whole is all about the control of one block.
3. I do think the minimal the list of abilities there (/b d [element]), the cleaner it is.
4. Canon: https://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbending?file=Haru_earthbending.png#Earthbending_abilities

Again, I'm thinking this could be the extension to an EarthBlast maybe, though unlike the other technique above - this would be exclusive to metalbending circumstance, because what unique about it is introduces the possibility of bending items that are portable, quite similar or exact to how waterbenders are capable of bending water from the bottles..

How could this work? Just left click with EarthBlast selected (without selecting present place down bendable block) and would shoot out either an ingot, HW pressure plate or iron trapdoor from the user's inventory. If there aren't any of those items, the user's wore iron armor would use up some of its durability to launch those ingots. If either of these items is in the main hand or off-hand, that particular item will always be prioritized in the off-hand, with the main hand being second.

As for this, I agree.
I agree with this it could be a good addition to earthblast or maybe there just need to be a broad manipulation move for earth