• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Metal- Manipulation

NickC1211

Verified Member
Element: Earth (metal)
Move: Manipulation
Description: This move is the base move for all metalbending. With this move you can move metal blocks such as iron or gold. You can shoot discs and clips of metal. And you can magnetically collect dropped metal objects. Keep in mind this is all one move and not a sub ability move either.

Manipulation
How it will work is click then hold shift to move around a metal block. You can click up to 2 blocks to move around (vertical or horizontal). You can let go of shift and it will fall in place or click to shoot it. When shot it will fall to the ground after hitting the target or reaching max distance. You can use this on iron blocks, gold blocks, anvils, etc. if used on iron bars it will bend them in a certain direction. This move can also be used on metal doors and you can use them as shield or shoot them.

Shooting
You can shoot metal from your inventory or armor by simply holding shift and clicking, and it will become a dropped item once it hits the target or reaches its limit. You can also shoot discs of metal (pressure plates) from metal blocks. To do this look at a metal block and hold shift and a pressure plate made of that material will appear on top of it. Still holding shift you can move it around and click to shoot. Once shot you can hold shift to bring it back to you like lava disc.

Magnetize
This will allow the user to magnetically attract metal around them. This can be used on dropped metal items or players in metal armor. To use look and the item or player and tap shift repeatedly. You can also do this will metal blocks.

This was inspired by threads like:

http://projectkorra.com/threads/metal-bending-improvements-ideas.1575/

I want to make metalbending more interesting and like the show. I also want to give magnetshield a chance to be useful lol. Pls tell me if you think these should all be seperate moves. Thanks for reading XD

_Hetag1216_

Verified Member
I don't think that manipulation is so useful, if you want to "manipulate" metal blocks (iron, gold, etc.) just use earthblast using an iron block.
For shooting it's a sorta of metalclips or a move from jedcore named MetalFragments, this one it's like earthshard, MetalFragments allow you to select a metal source and shoot ingots.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Unrelated, but god... I so wanna have the thing Sue did in the gif.

Here's a concept:
Iron Doors could be utilized as a shield, by using RaiseEarth on it via holding sneak and it would have an effect like.
EarthArmor should give ironarmor. If you hold sneak not long enough, you would only get leggins and chestplate. And another discussed thread: it should give mobility.
For shooting it's a sorta of metalclips or a move from jedcore named MetalFragments, this one it's like earthshard, MetalFragments allow you to select a metal source and shoot ingots.
Thought that's an custom ability. Maybe the OP wants to have it as a stock ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't think that manipulation is so useful, if you want to "manipulate" metal blocks (iron, gold, etc.) just use earthblast using an iron block.
Though I would like it more if the earthblast, w/o metal, had physics of the blocks that were like of an earthshard, but with a timer for how long it stays in the air unti shot. It's canon and it fits the "defense and offense" theme, which is what the bending art is suppose to be about. The Block floating in there would act as a temporal tiny shield at your face.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Well the last on I posted got ignored so I thought it more than appropriate to resuggest it. Especially given the new system of suggestions.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Makes the forum a bit flooded though. I too want resuggested ton of my suggestions, but that would be just plain unnecessary and would easily clog up the forum xD

Admin should have the permissions to move suggestions from only archive to only core suggestions. It would quicken the pace and CDs would have less work to filter them out.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Admin should have the permissions to move suggestions from only archive to only core suggestions. It would quicken the pace and CDs would have less work to filter them out.
I think concept designers as well should have this ability. Admins are on enough

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ooops I meant members not admins xD Admins should move them whever they want. Members should be limited to moving from there to here. Thus they wouldn't possible abuse the power in any way.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Just allowing members to move threads from archive into the actual suggestions. This being their way of bringing a suggestion back to the public aka necro posting...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Necro posting is allowed, while bumping isn't. Just to let you all know.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt