• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Metal-Blood Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Your new ill be nice........But iron is infact a mineral in your blood but in the show some metals aren't able to be bent due to them being to purified and the iron in your blood is a very very pure mineral in-turn making it impossible for an earthbender to bend it.
Soarinsorin, are you talking about Platinum being used because earthbenders couldn't bend it in the show? It could be bent. Saying you cant bend different versions of purified earth is like saying Metalbending isn't possible. Platinum may be 10x more purified and refined than Metal, but its still earth. Like the Guru said in ATLA, "Metal is just another form of earth just purified and refined" (Sorry if I quoted that wrong). If earthbenders can bend purified earth then there is no doubt Platinum or Steel cant be earthbent. You think its not canon to the show but if the show kept going, earthbenders would become smarter and learn to bend Platinum, Steel, etc. I am not saying this idea should be in the plugin though. Sorry but we already have MetalClips, but its smart that you are thinking so deep into earthbending.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Soarinsorin, are you talking about Platinum being used because earthbenders couldn't bend it in the show? It could be bent. Saying you cant bend different versions of purified earth is like saying Metalbending isn't possible. Platinum may be 10x more purified and refined than Metal, but its still earth. Like the Guru said in ATLA, "Metal is just another form of earth just purified and refined" (Sorry if I quoted that wrong). If earthbenders can bend purified earth then there is no doubt Platinum or Steel cant be earthbent. You think its not canon to the show but if the show kept going, earthbenders would become smarter and learn to bend Platinum, Steel, etc. I am not saying this idea should be in the plugin though. Sorry but we already have MetalClips, but its smart that you are thinking so deep into earthbending.
Platinum was too refined to be bent.

Sorin

Verified Member
In fact in LOK metal benders couldn't bend the mecha-tanks due to them being made of metal that was to purified to bend. Your argument is invalid.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There's also air in your body. Can I use levitate on people to simulate bloodbending?!

Oh oh, I got one, there's heat in your body as well... Get it? Heatbending.. The fire version of bloodbending AND air's levitate! I'm smart :3

Be nice to the guy, he's new. At least he suggested something uniqueish instead of suggesting something already suggested.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Idk if the minerals inside the body of people are bendable. Although their are like stone and crystal outside the body, our minerals are more like molecules. And bending in the Avatar world isn't about bending the Periodic Table's Elements but the four platonic Elements. Even if you have iron inside your body, you can't bend it because it is truly purefied. In other words, in its raw form.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
The amount of iron in your body is small, and spread out through your body that it's all in groups of a few atoms. It is so small it's almost insignificant to be size of a cell.

There's oxygen in a your blood, but that doesn't mean your body will explode if you go near a fire.

This post, like your post about flight is just unnecessary because you're trying to give earth the specials of the other elements. I highly suggest you watch the series.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
One proof that this is impossible:

Remember this pretty emotive scene? Where Suyin Beifong was BENDING METAL that was inside Avatar Korra's BODY?! You are talking about the minerals that we have inside our body. Suyin bent THAT AMOUNT of metal and Korra didn't seem to be controlled...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Someone could make a metal clips+ where if you use a certain amount of ingots it would sink the iron into your skin and you could blood/metal bend more efficiently and for longer. That's the only use of this idea I can see being made.
However I don't think it's needed, metal clips is fine the way it is, in my opinion.
-Loony
Wouldn't the metal need to be liquod for it to sink in your skin? I don't know much about iron/metal ,but how come that would sink in the persons skin (unless metalbenders can turn it into liquid from solid , which i cant recall seeing it or knowing if uts canon)

Sorin

Verified Member
One proof that this is impossible:

Remember this pretty emotive scene? Where Suyin Beifong was BENDING METAL that was inside Avatar Korra's BODY?! You are talking about the minerals that we have inside our body. Suyin bent THAT AMOUNT of metal and Korra didn't seem to be controlled...
I remember this scene I went to get something to drink came back and stuff was coming out of her mouth, I was so confused xD now I know what happened.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
The facts have been laid out and metalbending is not possible on the bloodstream nor has it ever been considered in the series. Additionally, MetalClips already has a similar function. Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.