• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Metal Bending Iron Golems

Should some sort of "Iron Golem Bending" be added?

• Total voters

ashe36

Verified Member
Hi!
I'm making this it's own post because it is a very W.I.P. idea, and I'm not even sure if it will be considered by our developers until we have a solid idea down. @AlexTheCoder and I were just talking about Metal bending and I randomly said we should be able to bend Iron Golems. These are the ideas we've had so far:
  • You would essentially be able to bloodbend Iron Golems, making them turn on their owners and control them. I'm not sure how this would work exactly, because you could just make your own.
There are 2 parts to this one. This idea is essentially "being" the iron golem.
  • You would start controlling the iron golem, but your player's body would be left behind and open to injury or death. Upon death, the iron golem would be freed of your control and you would have to respawn. You'd basically be a player with the stats and power of an iron golem. This would be interesting for ambushing an enemy or scoping out an area without revealing yourself.
  • The Iron Golem would act as an armor for you. This would be interesting to be "inside" an iron golem, and I'd personally like it a lot better than iron armor or metal armor. You would go around inside the iron golem wreaking havoc until it was killed, and it would take all the damage instead. This would be interesting and useful for just going at it with attacks. Also, if you were in your own property and had multiple iron golems, you could use it to stay alive for quiet some time, hopping from golem to golem. The bigger disadvantage would be everyone would know it was you (if it goes as I imagine) because your name tag would be in or above the iron golem.
The bigger disadvantage to both of these would be that you would be incapable of bending from inside your golem. Also, if your body was left behind it would be vulnerable to anything without someone else protecting you.

Again, this idea is super undeveloped, and I'm not even sure it would make any sort of cut to the plugin, but I think it would be interesting and well used with Minecraft and Bending combined. Remember, this is here for other people to throw out ideas or questions, so please feel free to comment!

Chen

Verified Member
I think the second idea, where you're inside the Iron Golem as Metal Armor would work better than the first idea, as I think it would be a great improvement for earth armor. Also I think controlling a metal being from elsewhere strays a bit far from what's seen in the show.
Another point to add is if the second idea would completely replace Metal Armor, then I think limited bending should be allowed but obviously to a certain extent, e.g. no catapults.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I think this idea is awesome! I believe this is possible since in some minigame (not sure which one) but you could fight as an iron golem and you look like one.

NinjaK

Verified Member
I think this idea is awesome! I believe this is possible since in some minigame (not sure which one) but you could fight as an iron golem and you look like one.
I believe that would be Super Craft Bros or Super Smash Mobs. In Super Craft Bros you wear dyed leather armor and a player head with an iron golem skin. In Super Smash Mobs it makes you have the Iron Golem Model, but only other players can see you as an iron golem.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I believe that would be Super Craft Bros or Super Smash Mobs. In Super Craft Bros you wear dyed leather armor and a player head with an iron golem skin. In Super Smash Mobs it makes you have the Iron Golem Model, but only other players can see you as an iron golem.
Yes! It was Super Smash Mobs.