• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Metal Bending Improvements/Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Verified Member
Before you look any further there are some clips from the show so if you don't want any spoilers I don't think you should keep going down. You have been Warned
Metal Shield
Element: Earth
Subelement: Metal
Movename: MetalShield
Use: Hold Shift with the ability bound, and you would need 4 iron ingots in your inventory if you would want the move to work. This move has been set to 0 cooldown due to request because fireshield dosent have a cooldown. People also said that maybe an option where we can also throw the shields at them too? (These all just ideas here)
Config Stats
damage: 0
warmup: 1000 (Changes Moves Warmup)
cooldown: 0 (Changes Moves Cooldown)

Default Stats
0 Heart Damage
1 Second Warmup
0 Second Cooldown

I was thinking maybe these are the objects that would make the actual shield

So these are some of the choices unless you have other ideas to make the shield
1.Iron doors (preferably just the bottom of the iron door)
2.Iron Bars 3 in a row
3.Grey Stained Glass plains
4.Maybe its possible to tilt iron pressure plates to the side? (armor stands?)

Here are GIFS of soldiers in Kuviras Empire using the move

(maybe this can just be an addon to metal clips/metal throw

Metal Throw extension/ New move Metal slice?

Movename: MetalSlice
Use: Hold Shift with the ability bound, once you see smoke you click your opponent and a iron pressure plate will be throw an them .You would need iron ingots in your inventory or iron pressure plates(maybe) if you would want the move to work. Metal slice would also get a knockback because in the anime it knocked korra back into the wall
Config Stats
damage: 3
warmup: 1000
cooldown: 3000

Default Stats
3 Heart Damage
1 Second Warmup
3 Second Cooldown

Now this could either be an addon to metal throw or just a new move up to you guys

Here is where the move is kind of used in the show but she got the metal from her surroundings and in thismove you can get it from your inventory (and maybe surroundings aswell?)

Metal Whip
Movename: MetalWhip
Use: Hold Shift with the ability bound, and click at your opponents and a whip(fishing rod rope?) will slap them doing damage to them and maybe freezing them for a second or 2 you would ALSO need a certain type or armor to use these types of moves which is talked about more lower in the post.
Config Stats

damage: 2
cooldown: 4000

Default Stats
2 Heart Damage
4 Second Cooldown
( or maybe the move could just be used to hit the opponent to stop them for a second or two while doing 1 heart of damage I am open to suggestions !)

From these clips you can see lin bei-fog uses it alot

Metal Bending Armor

How it would be crafted the fishing rods would be grappling hooks

---->upload_2014-12-29_14-27-49.jpeg
This armor would enable the metalbender/earthbender (up to you) to use any metal bending move they would like but at the cost of durability every time a move is use with the armor on it will be worn down, I dont know how many uses it would have but that is up to you (again) The armor would ALSO enable them to use the grappling hook. Also when the iron ingots are dropped then cant be picked up and will disappear

The armor was worn by alot of people in the metal clan

Earth following you kind of Ability/Move/Combo?? (name suggestions in the comments pls)
This is also just a random idea that I think should be added to earth/metal benders

Maybe Earth benders could shift on earth bendable blocks and have up to 2 sources or earth for them to use earth moves like earth blast ect. (this is just and idea and maybe powerful benders can use it?)

Thank you for looking at all my ideas and if you have any suggestions please tell me in the comment section!
-Tony

Last edited:

Tony

Verified Member
I think these are all great ideas, especially the Metal Shield! I think the bottom of the iron doors would look best, if it's possible. If not then my vote is the iron bars.
Thank you so much! And do you have any ideas for the last thing I suggested? Or should that just be like an add on to earth bending?

paliate

Verified Member
These seem like really nice thought out moves, I personally like the stained glass most by the way, But i feel as if this was done the person who made / makes it will probably use the iron bars which i'm totally fine with aswell.

Tony

Verified Member
These seem like really nice thought out moves, I personally like the stained glass most by the way, But i feel as if this was done the person who made / makes it will probably use the iron bars which i'm totally fine with aswell.
Thank you for the compliments :) Do you also have any idea of what I could call the last thing? Or would it just be an extension to earth bending ?

owlcool

Verified Member
Same , I personally like the iron bars , stained glass and bottom of the door(if possible) the most. Do you have any idea of what I can call the last thing I was talking about?
I just doubt that last part is possible, sry.

Kiam

Verified Member
Everything here seems pretty do-able (except for the metal whips). You backed up your suggestions with evidence from the show, which is hard to argue. The problem with metal whips is the lack of control options their are. The most we could do to emulate the metal whips would be to rethink the way a grappling hook works. Thank you for the effort you put into the suggestion!

Tony

Verified Member
Everything here seems pretty do-able (except for the metal whips). You backed up your suggestions with evidence from the show, which is hard to argue. The problem with metal whips is the lack of control options their are. The most we could do to emulate the metal whips would be to rethink the way a grappling hook works. Thank you for the effort you put into the suggestion!
Thank you for the positive feedback kiam :)

David

Verified Member
I really like the metal armour thing and the metal shield.

Also, I love the last ability with the earth. I think it should be an earth combo, where after completing the combo, the blocks rise around them, and follow them, in which they can left click to throw them

Tony

Verified Member
I really like the metal armour thing and the metal shield.

Also, I love the last ability with the earth. I think it should be an earth combo, where after completing the combo, the blocks rise around them, and follow them, in which they can left click to throw them
Thank you for the feedback and for the suggestion ! :) I like your idea with the combo thing

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Remote Earthbending or Earth Manipulation

Those are the only two that I could think of for the last move. I really hope that they can add as much of these moves as possible:D

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think the best shield option would be the bottom of the iron door, it looks the most like a small shield and wouldn't require multiple blocks.
Great ideas! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.