• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Metal Bending Improvements/Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Verified Member
I think the best shield option would be the bottom of the iron door, it looks the most like a small shield and wouldn't require multiple blocks.
Great ideas! :D
That is probably the best looking one but I wonder if it's even possible to code. :) And thanks for the positive feedback!

Mihovil

Verified Member
I like your ideas but I don't think they should have such a big cooldown, it's unnecessary really and besides people in the series seem to metalbend pretty fast... I suggest we only put a cooldown of 3 secs on the metalthrow addon or as you called it MetalSlice... and the other ones don't really need a cooldown in my opinion, especially the metalshield. we can take fireshield as an example, it doesn't have a cooldown, metalshield shouldn't have one either. and the metalwhips are supposed to be very fast, therefore they don't need a cooldown. The only one that needs a cooldown is MetalSlice because it should also have knockback and does a fair amount of damage. I really like the idea of the armor for metalbenders, very creative. I think they should make that but if it's gonna have a short durability it's sort of useless in my opinion. It should have the same durability as an iron chestplate in my opinion. I think your ideas are great and I hope they make these moves because they're really good and creative.

Tony

Verified Member
I like your ideas but I don't think they should have such a big cooldown, it's unnecessary really and besides people in the series seem to metalbend pretty fast... I suggest we only put a cooldown of 3 secs on the metalthrow addon or as you called it MetalSlice... and the other ones don't really need a cooldown in my opinion, especially the metalshield. we can take fireshield as an example, it doesn't have a cooldown, metalshield shouldn't have one either. and the metalwhips are supposed to be very fast, therefore they don't need a cooldown. The only one that needs a cooldown is MetalSlice because it should also have knockback and does a fair amount of damage. I really like the idea of the armor for metalbenders, very creative. I think they should make that but if it's gonna have a short durability it's sort of useless in my opinion. It should have the same durability as an iron chestplate in my opinion. I think your ideas are great and I hope they make these moves because they're really good and creative.
As of request I have changed some of the stuff as you asked because i really like the ideas. Thank you for the positive request :)

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I really like the Metal Armor idea, but since @Kiam McQuaid said that the whips would be hard to do, I thought of something else. Kuvira and some of her Earth Empire soldiers used pieces of their armor to shoot the metal clips, so why not do the same. Instead of having to carry around iron, just wear the armor, and the durability of the armor represents the amount of metal clips you have left.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I love the concept and thought put into these suggestions, wonderful job!
However, I envisioned metalbending, relative to earthbending, not only using personal sources such as iron acquired in their inventory or armor, but also from surrounding sources. While the metalbending shields are amazing, and well thought out the way they are now, I would like to see not only uses for direct combat, but also defense of a potential metal city. Similar to how earth can extract sources from the ground, possibly metalbenders could use source blocks such as weighted iron pressure plates, iron doors, iron blocks, and possibly iron related blocks such as the iron trap door featured in Minecraft 1.8.

These metalbenders are drawing their sources directly from their environment, so I would love to see this being a possibility for most of these concepts.
I hope you like the suggestion, and feedback is always welcomed, thank you!

Tony

Verified Member
I really like the Metal Armor idea, but since @Kiam McQuaid said that the whips would be hard to do, I thought of something else. Kuvira and some of her Earth Empire soldiers used pieces of their armor to shoot the metal clips, so why not do the same. Instead of having to carry around iron, just wear the armor, and the durability of the armor represents the amount of metal clips you have left.
Thats what I said the Armor would do ._. in my post

Tony

Verified Member
I love the concept and thought put into these suggestions, wonderful job!
However, I envisioned metalbending, relative to earthbending, not only using personal sources such as iron acquired in their inventory or armor, but also from surrounding sources. While the metalbending shields are amazing, and well thought out the way they are now, I would like to see not only uses for direct combat, but also defense of a potential metal city. Similar to how earth can extract sources from the ground, possibly metalbenders could use source blocks such as weighted iron pressure plates, iron doors, iron blocks, and possibly iron related blocks such as the iron trap door featured in Minecraft 1.8.

These metalbenders are drawing their sources directly from their environment, so I would love to see this being a possibility for most of these concepts.
I hope you like the suggestion, and feedback is always welcomed, thank you!
I would like to see this implemented too :) nice ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.