• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Meta] Community assistance!

V

Vidcom

Can you explain the joke of 2+2=5? I saw that on a memecenter thing, and I think it is a joke about rounding numbers, at least that is what it is on urban dictionary.
In George Orwell's "1984", a novel about a dystopian global dictatorship, the protagonist wonders whether if the state were to declare that 2+2=5, how people would react. The answer is that everyone would believe it, even though it is obviously false, while outright rejecting 2+2=4, despite it being correct, as it is not "approved" by the state. However, this goes further. If everyone believes it, does that make it true?

owlcool

Verified Member
In George Orwell's "1984", a novel about a dystopian global dictatorship, the protagonist wonders whether if the state were to declare that 2+2=5, how people would react. The answer is that everyone would believe it, even though it is obviously false, while outright rejecting 2+2=4, despite it being correct, as it is not "approved" by the state. However, this goes further. If everyone believes it, does that make it true?
Then I must get that book on my kindle.

owlcool

Verified Member
If "reality" is a simulation, we don't neccesarily obey the laws used beyond. The possibility of a different reality is extremely difficult to comprehend for us, as we are so used to our own methods of perception, but this doesn't mean it should be ruled out.
I would like to add onto that, A little theory of einstein's(I am not certain if this is einstein's, but bear with me here). It basically described multiple dimensions. We would live in the third dimension. The first dimension would be width or height, basically just a line. The second would be Width and Height, basically 2d platformers. The third would be us now, Depth, Height and Width. For example, a sphere would look like a circle in the second dimension, and a 2d object would look like a line to the line. However, we are unable to comprehend what may be in the fourth dimension, similar to how the sphere would look like a circle.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, I am going to test if I know a bit more about history then the great vidcom. How did Andrew Jackson get the name, Hickory Jackson? And what does, Pocahontas, mean?

V

Vidcom

Okay, I am going to test if I know a bit more about history then the great vidcom. How did Andrew Jackson get the name, Hickory Jackson? And what does, Pocahontas, mean?
Nyagh. I don't know much about US history, since I don't live in the US, I'm in the UK, but after some research I found:
Andrew Jackson was well-known amongst US troops and was considered a living form of success and courage, although he was a very strict officer, he was very popular amongst his forces, and led many successes. In battle, he was described "as tough as hickory", and so earned the nickname "Old Hickory", hickory being a very strong type of bark/tree.
Pocahontas is actually a nickname of sorts! It means "Naughty" or "spoilt child", etc. Her real name was Matoaka, but was also called Amonute, neither of which can be translated.

This has been fun! Keep it up guys :D

owlcool

Verified Member
Nyagh. I don't know much about US history, since I don't live in the US, I'm in the UK, but after some research I found:
Andrew Jackson was well-known amongst US troops and was considered a living form of success and courage, although he was a very strict officer, he was very popular amongst his forces, and led many successes. In battle, he was described "as tough as hickory", and so earned the nickname "Old Hickory", hickory being a very strong type of bark/tree.
Pocahontas is actually a nickname of sorts! It means "Naughty" or "spoilt child", etc. Her real name was Matoaka, but was also called Amonute, neither of which can be translated.

This has been fun! Keep it up guys :D
Old Hickory Jackson: Andrew Jackson used to carry around a hickory cane and beat people with it. He was that crazy.
Pocahontas: Naughty, As in Slutty, but in nice British terms,.Pocahontas was actually like 1 in 17 names.

owlcool

Verified Member
upload_2015-4-1_13-13-15.jpeg
How many Quads, Farquads, Far Quads and Far Farquads are in this picture? How many times was the word far used? How about Quad?

vidant829

Verified Member
If "reality" is a simulation, we don't neccesarily obey the laws used beyond. The possibility of a different reality is extremely difficult to comprehend for us, as we are so used to our own methods of perception, but this doesn't mean it should be ruled out.
I don't doubt the possibility of a different reality, for the most part I even embrace the idea of there being an infinite amount which would follow an endless amount of possible events. What I question though is the idea that we could perceive data the way we do now if under conditions that don't allow a conscientious to exist at all. A reality of nothingness may exist in theory but in actuality there would be no way to prove it because there would be nothing to register.
Edit: There is an exception to this but it would require a conscientious to still be present.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

Old Hickory Jackson: Andrew Jackson used to carry around a hickory cane and beat people with it. He was that crazy.
Pocahontas: Naughty, As in Slutty, but in nice British terms,.Pocahontas was actually like 1 in 17 names.
If you say so, but they seem kinda urban myth-esque to me

V

Vidcom

I don't doubt the possibility of a different reality, for the most part I even embrace the idea of there being an infinite amount which would follow an endless amount of possible events. What I question though is the idea that we could perceive data the way we do now if under conditions that don't allow a conscientious to exist at all. A reality of nothingness may exist in theory but in actuality there would be no way to prove it because there would be nothing to register.
Edit: There is an exception to this but it would require a conscientious to still be present.
To the contrary! Simply because nothing we know can measure something, it doesn't mean it cannot be measured.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
OPINION WARNING
There is no evidence for conciseness existing in a separate plane of existence than us, as when the brain is injured, our conciseness in damaged. The brain and conciseness are tied to each other, like a processer and it's software. If the brain fails, conciseness ends. Just like how if the computer fails, the software ends.

owlcool

Verified Member
If you say so, but they seem kinda urban myth-esque to me
Just google it.
http://learnodo-newtonic.com/andrew-jackson-interesting-facts
Number 3.

This is an picture of a would be assassin, sneaking up to Andrew Jackson and Pulling the Trigger on two revolvers. They both misfired. Afterwards they were examined and it was found they were in perfect working order. Slightly after that, Andrew Jackson almost beat that man to death with his cane, and had to be pulled off of him.
Andrew Jackson's Only Regrets?
"I didn’t shoot Henry Clay and I didn’t hang John C. Calhoun.”

It should be noted Henry Clay was Andrew Jackson's Vice President.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
OPINION WARNING
There is no evidence for conciseness existing in a separate plane of existence than us, as when the brain is injured, our conciseness in damaged. The brain and conciseness are tied to each other, like a processer and it's software. If the brain fails, conciseness ends. Just like how if the computer fails, the software ends.
But there is...When people sleep they dream...And ever heard of someone almost dieing, i.e. unconscious, and saying they did something like see god? yeah.

owlcool

Verified Member
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes." – Ronald Reagan,
"If I don’t have a woman for three days, I get terrible headaches." – John F. Kennedy
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." – Abraham Lincoln
"You don't know how to lie. If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere." – Richard Nixon
"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming." – Jimmy Carter
"Blessed are the young, for they will inherit the national debt." – Herbert Hoover
www.youtube.com/watch?v=92baDJVZcCo

V

Vidcom

If matter cannot be created or destroyed, Where did matter come from?
Matter is a form of energy, which in itself came into existence through the Big Bang. Nuclear energy, atomic bombs, all stars, etc rely on the conversion from matter and energy. Matter cannot be created or destroyed simply because energy cannot be created or destroyed

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
But there is...When people sleep they dream...And ever heard of someone almost dieing, i.e. unconscious, and saying they did something like see god? yeah.
Dreaming is entirely explained by neuroscience.

"Dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep."

And when the brain is failing it is heavily intoxicated resulting in hallucinations.