• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Meta] Community assistance!

V

Vidcom

So not very much is happening in the community right now, and I really wanna help people. Thanks to the way the UK system works, I am able to help with most topics that you guys have on hand. So, if you have any homework you're struggling with, or an exam coming up, or just want to talk about smart-people-things, just inbox me or something and I'll help you out! Along with helping all you guys out, this will help me out a ton too for applying to be a teacher, along with just keeping the community moving a little. Also, I like learning and studying and just talking about things :p

History, sciences and maths are my specialities, however I can take anything, so long as you give me some time to get to know it myself. Inbox me!

vidant829

Verified Member
Not neccesarily...
If there was nothing at all, that means life could not be sustained.That includes organisms such as us which are capable of asking such questions because of the data we've registered since the development of our conscious.

V

Vidcom

Well, sure, it may seem that way at first. But at the same time, the concept of our own sentience isn't really "there" as such, it's just based somehow out of our brain, which is there. It is entirely possible that while we experience things, it's simply that our conscience's are on an entirely separate, non-material plane beyond our comprehension, so instead we construct these little lies of our existence together, which is what we perceive as being our lives

V

Vidcom

If there was nothing at all, that means life could not be sustained.That includes organisms such as us which are capable of asking such questions because of the data we've registered since the development of our conscious.
Who says any of that stuff is even there at all?

vidant829

Verified Member
Who says any of that stuff is even there at all?
Even if the observable universe which we inhabit were simply a simulation, that would imply that there is something beyond it which would contradict the question which asked if nothing existed at all.

vidant829

Verified Member
How I see it, everything happens the way it does because it allows for a conscientious to exists. Without that then it would be the same as blacking out at were the subject at hand wouldn't be aware of the time had been past but rather only remember what had been registered before and after that gap in registration of data.

owlcool

Verified Member
Can you explain the joke of 2+2=5? I saw that on a memecenter thing, and I think it is a joke about rounding numbers, at least that is what it is on urban dictionary.

V

Vidcom

How I see it, everything happens the way it does because it allows for a conscientious to exists. Without that then it would be the same as blacking out at were the subject at hand wouldn't be aware of the time had been past but rather only remember what had been registered before and after that gap in registration of data.
If "reality" is a simulation, we don't neccesarily obey the laws used beyond. The possibility of a different reality is extremely difficult to comprehend for us, as we are so used to our own methods of perception, but this doesn't mean it should be ruled out.