• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Mercury

HydroMan

Verified Member
Item: Mercury
Use: This will act the same way as a regular in-game potion of poison, except with a few aspects added/change/removed:
  • It will deal damage a lot slower than the regular potion.
  • Unlike the regular potion, it doesn't stop at half a heart. So it could be fatal ,if not treated in time.
  • It will be metalbendable, in a similar fashion waterbending has with waterbottles. Basically, when having this item in inventory, the user (who can metalbend) with earthblast selected would be able to release it by just one lleft click, bursting out the poison in a bunch of particles form and infecting the victim who gets contact with this liquid.
    • Also, other metalbenders can bent this substance out of the sufferer, leaving the victim of this poison cured and to recover in just mere seconds. They do this by sneaking on that entity with extraction selected.
  • Hallucination effect are usually common to appear to the victim. The Sufferer would sometimes will happen to see a random player (npc) standing near by, which in reality, there isn't.
  • It will take longer time for the effect to take place if the victim is in avatar state. It will also take a very longer time for this avatar to take damage from the poison than of the ordinary person.
  • It cannot be brewn as a splash potion.
  • EDIT: When in avatarstate, the poison will damage the target in longer ticks. Meaning that avatars in AS will be alive much longer then the regular poison players.
Creation: For this creation of the posion, you simply put an iron ignot as a recipe for the awkward potion.
Material: Potion of Poison or Potion of Weakness (the grey color was represented in the show of the poison, so I'll leave this for the devs to decide).
Description: "A metalbendable, chemical element that, when exposed to one's body can cause a slow, but painfull death to it's victims."
Glow: On

Last edited:

Ichigo

Verified Member
I would like that for a earthbender. But the thing is what will the particle affect be? Will it be like a broken Dirt block or different. When you tell us that then we will think about it. But either way I would like that move, seems like a easier way to kill someone

Ichigo

Verified Member
I would also like to add something. What if the Mercury can make someone go in the avatarstate but like in a different way. Maybe like the regen is debuffed and the strength is debuffed to, But the moves stay the same?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well, I can allow the debuff strenght thing, where if you punch someone, you'll deal weaker damage while poision than when you are not. Regenerathing thing wouldn't make sense for the poison cause that. Maybe for some things that causes regeneration won't apply to the poison sufferes.

Tj Hunt

I think the Metal in the liquid state should be gray/white (mostly dark gray) redstone particles. Has anyone ever seen Jedk1's "MetalHook" ability? That ability includes the particles I am talking about.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think the Metal in the liquid state should be gray/white (mostly dark gray) redstone particles. Has anyone ever seen Jedk1's "MetalHook" ability? That ability includes the particles I am talking about.
Thanks for suggesting. I'll add it to my post.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While it was suggested by @bordalandsdude19 first, I do like your expand version on a few subjects of this poisonous item. Like how he mention, there should totally be a splash variation of this bottle, so that non-metalbenders can poison it while the ones that are should be able to metalbend both of them. While this isn't a potion, it would be better off as a crafting recipe as you aren't using magic to make this.