• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Meditate

Do you want this move?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, but the same goes for any bender. For example, Some firebenders do not participate in certain Fire Nation cultural activities or can't perform certain techniques, but it is enabled by default for that element.
Iroh. Fire Lord Ozai. Zuko. Jeong Jeong. Lots of firebenders meditated. Toph once did something like meditating, so maybe meditating for a period of like 1-5(configurable) minutes could temporally make you able to use basic earthbending moves with things like iron and gold, could have to have a quartz block near the bender. (Could replace easy metal to bend like in lok)

Kwesi

Verified Member
Iroh. Fire Lord Ozai. Zuko. Jeong Jeong. Lots of firebenders meditated. Toph once did something like meditating, so maybe meditating for a period of like 1-5(configurable) minutes could temporally make you able to use basic earthbending moves with things like iron and gold, could have to have a quartz block near the bender. (Could replace easy metal to bend like in lok)
That's true. To tell the truth, meditation is more of a personal thing - being in touch with a deeper part of oneself. I don't think it should be restricted to a certain kind of people (like Avatars). Perhaps it would be an idea to implement meditation, but since airbenders are known for their spirituality, they could meditate to greater effect (just an idea).

I wonder how configurable earthbendable and metalbendable blocks are these days. You raise an interesting concept, but I'm trying to understand how it's relevant enough. I feel like for this plug-in, that meditation shouldn't have so much of an effect on active abilities, but rather have a more passive effect that will benefit in a more passive way. So improved regenerative capabilities and perpetuation of hunger makes a lot of sense and I feel is appropriate. I just don't get that same feeling with increased active bending capabilities though, although.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Well, i agree, but still think that meditate should be a move for ranked people
I reckon things like that are simply part of configuration. If a server were to have permission groups set up they could probably do it that way.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Currently, airbenders lose hunger at a slower rate than any other bender. Obviously, this has nothing to do with actual bending but is a natural air nomad lifestyle. If meditation were implemented outside of the Spirits plugin, I'd personally give it to airbending.

Adam

Verified Member
Currently, airbenders lose hunger at a slower rate than any other bender. Obviously, this has nothing to do with actual bending but is a natural air nomad lifestyle. If meditation were implemented outside of the Spirits plugin, I'd personally give it to airbending.
Hmm.... yea, what if this would be a Project Korra RPG Move?

Spode

Verified Member
I always assumed that whenever a move had a short or long cooldown that the player was meditating so they may perform the move once more. Unless, of course, I am confusing meditation for focusing.

Johann

Verified Member
I actually had an ability in mind for this, check it out and see if you agree with it. http://projectkorra.com/threads/astral-projection.838/
i wa
I actually had an ability in mind for this, check it out and see if you agree with it. http://projectkorra.com/threads/astral-projection.838/[/quote astral pro
I actually had an ability in mind for this, check it out and see if you agree with it. http://projectkorra.com/threads/astral-projection.838/
astral projection makes more sense than getting health and food from the universe

Kwesi

Verified Member
i meant to say was astral projection would make more sense than getting hunger and health
Well, they serve to do different things in the end, don't they? So that is something that is highly up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.