• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Meditate

Do you want this move?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercylessdemon99

Verified Member
Just a quick thought on a move called meditate. In lok an ancient bender meditated for a few years and didnt have to eat. he absorbed his energy from the universe.

Maybe you hold shif on the slot and over time you regen health and hunger maybe 1 hunger and health per second?

tell me what you think!

Kwesi

Verified Member
I like it myself. I think it would make sense for airbenders to be able to practise meditation. It's a great concept, very overpowered in PvP (but then again waterbenders have HealingWaters so it's debatable), but I love it. I hope the staff give this a look and greatly consider it.

David

Verified Member
I like this idea but I think the time intervals between each health burst should be slightly increased.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
I seriously need this. I think if you meditate for long periods of time, it would provide food saturation and increased spiritual awareness (spiritual projection anyone?) Oh and in the show, airbenders receive buffs for meditating.(like increased mobility and dodging) Im thinking, when you meditate for a while, the air buffs could go from speed and jump boost 2, to speed and jump boost 3.

EDIT: Air also needs a sub element. Spirit as a sub element is canon and I believe it could be pulled off quite well.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I seriously need this. I think if you meditate for long periods of time, it would provide food saturation and increased spiritual awareness (spiritual projection anyone?) Oh and in the show, airbenders receive buffs for meditating.(like increased mobility and dodging) Im thinking, when you meditate for a while, the air buffs could go from speed and jump boost 2, to speed and jump boost 3.

EDIT: Air also needs a sub element. Spirit as a sub element is canon and I believe it could be pulled off quite well.
I actually had an ability in mind for this, check it out and see if you agree with it. http://projectkorra.com/threads/astral-projection.838/

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Op in pvp? I imagine it would be coded in a way that you can't meditate mid-pvp. I never saw Zaheer or Tenzin go "Hang on, let me just have a sit down and meditate for a bit".

Kwesi

Verified Member
Op in pvp? I imagine it would be coded in a way that you can't meditate mid-pvp. I never saw Zaheer or Tenzin go "Hang on, let me just have a sit down and meditate for a bit".
Possibly, but if it's simply a core ability then I'd imagine it would be configurable. I see your point though, I was just thinking in that instance.

Last edited:

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I like it myself. I think it would make sense for airbenders to be able to practise meditation. It's a great concept, very overpowered in PvP (but then again waterbenders have HealingWaters so it's debatable), but I love it. I hope the staff give this a look and greatly consider it.
with healing waters, we don't heal our hunger (I don't think), our health regenerates pretty slowly, we have to be in water to use it, and we cannot attack while using it.

Kwesi

Verified Member
with healing waters, we don't heal our hunger (I don't think), our health regenerates pretty slowly, we have to be in water to use it, and we cannot attack while using it.
No, HealingWaters doesn't sate the user, but similar conditions would apply to an ability like this. Meditation also has another more restrictive condition - the user cannot move from their spot.

Kwesi

Verified Member
-Requires absolutely zero movement but can be used virtually anywhere
-Adds blindness AND night vision to block the world around them
-Heal life bar and completely freezes hunger from decreasing (but does not restore it)

I would be down with this.
I was thinking that could work with the hunger bar as well, just freezing its decline. Yeah, I like how that sounds - I'm down with that too.

Adam

Verified Member
I think it would be a good idea, but maybe make it possible for the avatar and privileged airbenders?
I mean, airbenders like Meelo or Kai never meditated...

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think it would be a good idea, but maybe make it possible for the avatar and privileged airbenders?
I mean, airbenders like Meelo or Kai never meditated...
They didn't have the mentality and discipline for it. Meelo was very young and restless and Kai grew up outside of that culture and is not that in touch with his spiritual side.

Adam

Verified Member
They didn't have the mentality and discipline for it. Meelo was very young and restless and Kai grew up outside of that culture and is not that in touch with his spiritual side.
Um....... exactly!

Kwesi

Verified Member
Um....... exactly!
Yeah, but the same goes for any bender. For example, Some firebenders do not participate in certain Fire Nation cultural activities or can't perform certain techniques, but it is enabled by default for that element.

Status
Not open for further replies.