• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Liquid Metal Bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantAang

Verified Member
Desc: Basically a metal bender can change the state of metal to a liquid or a solid kind of like water bending we could make moves were u can bend liquid metal at your enemy like torrent in water bending. Or for say we could make moves for defense which include having liquid metal and changing the state of the metal into a solid forming a metal shield to protect you against your opponent.

Element: Earth
Sub-Element: Metal Bending

More Information: So in season 4 of The Legend of Korra in the final battle between Korra and Kuvira we see that Kuvira is bending liquid metal that kinda asks like water bending in a way along with this she can change the state of the metal to liquid or solid which gives your more options for your next move in a fight. I suggest at least three liquid metal bending moves.

Move 1: Metal Torrent.
Type: Offense Ability
Info: Basically this will act kind of like torrent in water bending but say you could change the state of the metal in mid-air and the opposing person will be hit with an Iron Block, or just keep it liquid and will deal damage. Maybe more damage with adding a charged more powerful version.

Move 2: Metal Shield.
Type: Defense Ability
Info: Basically you can change the state of the metal from liquid to solid and create a metal shield blocking any projectiles lets say FireBlast or AirBlast.

Move 3: Metal Redirection.
Type: Defensive and Offensive Ability
Info: Basically if someone throws Metal Torrent at you, you can use this move to block and then redirect the liquid metal bake at your opponent in a stream of liquid metal like Metal Torrent.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Earth already has a liquid sub element. I don't see why there should be an option to bend liquid metal. Also, that would mostly just be waterbending then, Most things are just possible with solid metal and I don't see a problem with that.

DeviantAang

Verified Member
Earth already has a liquid sub element. I don't see why there should be an option to bend liquid metal. Also, that would mostly just be waterbending then, Most things are just possible with solid metal and I don't see a problem with that.
There is no problem but just because there is Lava bending which is very rare Metal bending is very common so any metal bender has the ability to do this also its not a separate sub-element to earth its still a part of metal bending i just thought it would be a cool thing to add sense Kuvira and Korra used liquid metal bending in there final fight in the giant Mecha Giant.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Jezus christ calm down. Anyway I think there are more important things then adding a sub type of a sub element...

DeviantAang

Verified Member
How is it a sub type or a sub element? its just bending metal in a liquid form and also this plugin is about having fun and making bending realistic to the show so i don't really see a problem with adding a few moves. Also what other important things are there?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How is it a sub type or a sub element? its just bending metal in a liquid form and also this plugin is about having fun and making bending realistic to the show so i don't really see a problem with adding a few moves. Also what other important things are there?
Then sand is just fine earth, and lava just molten earth. Yet they are sub elements. Metal is commonly found in a solid state and therefor that would make the most sense to bend it that way. Also, how would liquid metal even be represented in MC...?

DeviantAang

Verified Member
You misread what i said you said that liquid metal is a sub type of the sub element and i disagreed because thats not a thing but i know what Sub Elements are. also I'm not sure sand is a sub element but i could be wrong anyway i was thinking we could do it kinda how torrent works as i said in the desc. Like in lava bending LavaThrow u throw lava in a stream kinda like how torrent works. If you look at the pictures i have provided you can see how it looks so thus i was thinking that we could make it look like Oil from Tekkit classic. In tekkit classic there is oil its basically black water in the modpack but it would be the same thing except that we would preserve it as liquid metal. so water benders can't do this at all because there isn't water in the liquid metal.

IceEyes

Verified Member
You misread what i said you said that liquid metal is a sub type of the sub element and i disagreed because thats not a thing but i know what Sub Elements are. also I'm not sure sand is a sub element but i could be wrong anyway i was thinking we could do it kinda how torrent works as i said in the desc. Like in lava bending LavaThrow u throw lava in a stream kinda like how torrent works. If you look at the pictures i have provided you can see how it looks so thus i was thinking that we could make it look like Oil from Tekkit classic. In tekkit classic there is oil its basically black water in the modpack but it would be the same thing except that we would preserve it as liquid metal. so water benders can't do this at all because there isn't water in the liquid metal.
..this is vanilla minecraft not tekkit.. sorry man

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So Liquid metalbending is just basically some water moves that look different?
Sorry, but I disagree with this. If there's a move to be added, it should be somewhat unique and useful. And just because it's in the show doesn't mean it has to be added.

DeviantAang

Verified Member
This plugin is about having fun is it not? are you saying just because its like other stuff in the plugin that it shouldn't be added? weres the fun in that i don't know about you but i would have fun with this is gives something new for people to explore and learn. This isn't water bending but it kind of works in the same way as a metal bender you can change the state of metal from solid to liquid or the other way around to use to your benefit it just seems to me that a lot of people just hate having fun with the plugin and don't consider stuff because they think its similar to something else in the plugin. I don't see why it shouldn't be added.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
The plugin's about fun, but I'm pretty sure that people get tired of having the same moves pasted onto other elements. It's just not something fresh. And don't see that it's like other stuff, because "Metal Torrent" is literally torrent, but with metal god damn it. Metal Shield is like surge shield, metal redirection is like how you can redirect watermanips. I'll admit that liquid metalbending is cool and that I'd like it to be added, but I don't think that it needs to have waterbending moves pasted.

DeviantAang

Verified Member
well if you watch the fight between korra and kuvira u see them both using metal bending the exact way i explained it did you see the pictures i provided?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Here is the main flaw in this suggestion which I don't know if it has been said or not; if it has, sorry for not quoting. What would the liquid metal be in minecraft? That's more for a mod than regular minecraft.

DeviantAang

Verified Member
i have a few ideas for what it would be but i haven't decided what would be best for it I'm going to ask Jed and see what he thinks.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Well, before asking a developer, I would look at what it could possibly be and what YOU think it should be, then ask jed.

Status
Not open for further replies.