• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Lightning suggestion

So, last time I thought of something. Wouldn’t it make sense that if you hit a creeper with lightning, it would turn into a charged creeper? I don’t know if this feature is already inplemented. If not, it would be really cool to add it!

xNuminousx

I'm not sure that there's a method you could use to charge a creeper... I guess you MIGHT be able to remove the targeted creeper and maybe spawn a new one with a charged ID (if there is one). But this is all hypothetical as I haven't dealt with charging creepers before.

xNuminousx

Okay so I've quickly looked into it and I'm pretty sure this is how you would set a creeper as charged (without spawning a new one, just editing the state of the one you've striked).
Java:
if (entity instanceof Creeper) {
                            Creeper creepTarget = (Creeper) entity;
                            creepTarget.setPowered(true);
                        }
Explination
What you do is check for entities around the location of the lightning bolt. What the provided code does is check if a target that came into contact with the bolt is a creeper. If it is, then we set the creeper to charged (in the code it's called powered).

I understand this wasn't asking for code help but figured I'd share what I found lol

0ct0ber

It could be neat, but I often find it much cooler to encounter a charged creeper when they can only be found rarely due to natural lightning. It also makes heads quite a special trophy.

That wouldn't stop you from choosing though. Might be a problem If you don't want others, but a config option would solve that.

It could be neat, but I often find it much cooler to encounter a charged creeper when they can only be found rarely due to natural lightning. It also makes heads quite a special trophy.
What meskenasboii said. And i think that there ARE people who would find it cool.