• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Lightning ~ Guardian Beam?

What do you think: Is lightning bending better with

• Particles?

• or Guardian's Beam??

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back a long time ago finding a thread (right now, no luck) that was about brainstorming for an idea what lightning bending could look right before it became a thing in the plugin. The Original poster, one of the staff mmber or a concept designer (can't remember exactly who), proposed and thought with other members of the staff to utilize/incorperate guardian's beam, but the idea was later scratched, after (IIRC) minecraft introduced colored redstone particles. My take on this, I would probably still prefer of changing the particles into that underwater's beam. Are there any plans or consideration onto looking into this?

NickC1211

Found it: http://projectkorra.com/threads/potential-change-to-lightning-fire.67/ ATM, reading the thread!

ETA: No idea why you change it. I think (; imo) the shape and the looks outweigh the limation of swapping guardian's beam to make it absent a bad decition from the plugin. Beam makes it feel like lightning, while the particles makes it look like dust, not so immersive/realistic.
I looked i
Found it: http://projectkorra.com/threads/potential-change-to-lightning-fire.67/ ATM, reading the thread!

ETA: No idea why you change it. I think (; imo) the shape and the looks outweigh the limation of swapping guardian's beam to make it absent a bad decition from the plugin. Beam makes it feel like lightning, while the particles makes it look like dust, not so immersive/realistic.
i actually think I love this idea I want to see how it'd look but seems good.

Yeah. I prefer guarian beam color limitation than the flaw shape of the lightning.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

JettMC

Well, I think it's better with particles, because the Guardian Beam is like a straight line.. But the Beam has more lines.. so, I can't really choose xd.

Pride

I remember back a long time ago finding a thread (right now, no luck) that was about brainstorming for an idea what lightning bending could look right before it became a thing in the plugin. The Original poster, one of the staff mmber or a concept designer (can't remember exactly who), proposed and thought with other members of the staff to utilize/incorperate guardian's beam, but the idea was later scratched, after (IIRC) minecraft introduced colored redstone particles. My take on this, I would probably still prefer of changing the particles into that underwater's beam. Are there any plans or consideration onto looking into this?
Guardian beams don't branch out when in contact with water. Lightning and particles do. End of story.

Can't it be done manually? Like adding another (short?) beam that streches into different course/direction from the one before it, rinse and repeat? That's how I can think of it branching.

Pride

Can't it be done manually? Like adding another (short?) beam that streches into different course/direction from the one before it, rinse and repeat? That's how I can think of it branching.

Nope, lmao. Not that I know of. Guardian beams are just a 1 way ticket. You can try branching it out, but it'll just look all weird.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Guardian Beams do not look enough like lightning in my opinion, they look more viable in the use of Spirit Energy, I would use it for that, but definitely not lightning.

Also as Pride mentioned branching it would be a pain in order to make them look good.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.