• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Lightning Generation and Lightning Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The Lightning ability needs to be seperated into two abilities ,then just one "lightning" ability itself. These would be: Lightning Generation and Lightning Redirection. Heres a brief explanation on what each do:
Lightning Generation - you hold sneak to charge the lightning. Then when particles come up you stop sneaking and the lightning will be shot in the direction you are looking(hitting an entity if aimed at it). This doesnt include much of the change(...well actually none) of the ordinary lightning ability, just that this doesnt have the redirection part of the function like how it does.
Lightning Redirection: With this, you can only redirect the incoming lightning projectile, that was summon by the user of "lightning generation" ability. You redirect it ,by the same way you do with lightning ability.

Why? Because we only seen a few firebenders that can either be able to generate lightning or can only redirect it. This will make it abit aquirate in the show, as them being a seperate binds will make the player choose and decide carefully which one of them its important to bind, as seeing that everyone can generate and redirect it at the same time. With Fly's "Special Bender Chance" thread, in rpg a firebender being in a succesfull chance of becoming a lightning l-bender, there would be 50% of becoming either the user of redirection or of generation ability

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think it should be more a permission to generate and a permission to redirect, as there are firebenders who can do both (Iroh I, Mako)
But arent these "permission" are just for specific player setted up? As you would need everytime to insert the player that would give this abilities to them? If so ,then i prefer those binds to be enabled, as i feel like its their choice if they wanna have l-redirection,l-genaration, or both.

BTW arent they already set as permissions?

djmyernos

Verified Member
Just because only Iroh/Mako used it doesn't mean only they can. Iroh invented it, so naturally only those whom he teaches would be able to use it. I think any FireBender can do it, as long as they know about it and know how it works.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I think it should be more a permission to generate and a permission to redirect, as there are firebenders who can do both (Iroh I, Mako)
This is a better idea. I agree that not all firebenders should be able to redirect and generate lightning, but there's honestly no need to take up more bindspace if it can be avoided. The whole point of combos and things and all the other stuff being developed is so that we can have more moves in less space.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is a better idea. I agree that not all firebenders should be able to redirect and generate lightning, but there's honestly no need to take up more bindspace if it can be avoided. The whole point of combos and things and all the other stuff being developed is so that we can have more moves in less space.
So permission nodes will let some random firebenders to have or not to have the ability generate/redirect without needing for you to select who? If so ,then i'll all up for that.

Having alot of moves for just 9 free binds is annoying and painful for some, but it makes every bender diffrent as they have each uniqual abilities that others don't ,making them feel like each have their oen skill do their own bending techniue...Anyway all i can say is it makes up from the show and adds the realism to it.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So permission nodes will let some random firebenders to have or not to have the ability generate/redirect without needing for you to select who? If so, then I'm all up for that.
Depends on how RPG the server is. I'd say by default all firebenders should be able to do both, but if server owners want to make it like that, then they can turn on the whole randomization thing. Also, don't make them separate binds. It's just annoying.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Depends on how RPG the server is. I'd say by default all firebenders should be able to do both, but if server owners want to make it like that, then they can turn on the whole randomization thing. Also, don't make them separate binds. It's just annoying.
If the permissions will give a player random chance of having either of those two or this will be determined for the rpg plugin like with the flys thread of sub, by the change of getting those moves

Hero

Verified Member
Just because only Iroh/Mako used it doesn't mean only they can. Iroh invented it, so naturally only those whom he teaches would be able to use it. I think any FireBender can do it, as long as they know about it and know how it works.
You do realize that Iroh tried to teach Zuko how to generate lightning, but was couldn't let go of his feelings for his father and sister. So it is depend on the firebenders ability on how to handle her/his emotion which not everyone can do...

You just got owned...

HydroMan

Verified Member
So would i need to give each player indivitually the permission to either generate or redirect or both, or would the permission would set for them on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.