• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Leveling system for Benders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumPriestley

Verified Member
Hey guys i thought of an idea in which you started off as a beginner in a certain element and had too work your way through the ranks in order to unlock moves! i know this is probably more for the RPG version of the plugin but i thought i would share what i did...

On my own server which is private and includes some of my friends and a custom scaled down avatar map i planned the system but ran into some difficulties.

i configured PEX a well known permissions plugin and created the four groups and added the permissions accordingly

It worked to some extent but i couldnt find a pratical way of granting the user a promotion into the next tier of there element, just an idea i thought you guys could think about!

HiddenCloud

Verified Member
Try and make it based on the time a player has spent on your server, there are enough plugins that promote players based on their time played.

CallumPriestley

Verified Member
Try and make it based on the time a player has spent on your server, there are enough plugins that promote players based on their time played.
Nice idea but still you could be just be farming some wheat and Bam! "Oh im a master Earthbender now!" I couldnt think of a more kind of training way of promoting people, if you know what i mean?

Shadowx329

Verified Member
You would need to do something related to your element though, like bend earth and get level points or something of that nature.

CallumPriestley

Verified Member
You would need to do something related to your element though, like bend earth and get level points or something of that nature.
Exactly what i thought! its just theres no way to do that without coding, haha. I'll just wait until the Dev's release the RPG content of the plugin!

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Kael the RPG is a separate plugin that server owners can download. It isnt required.

ashe36

Verified Member
There has been a confirmed plugin centered around RPG, which will likely have features such as this. That's a damn lot of permissions though.

CallumPriestley

Verified Member
I was more thinking you give a 'Master' in a certain bending the permissions to promote people so there TRUSTED to train lower skilled benders and then promote them as they see fit. TRUSTED is the main word here so probably give the original 'Master' status to someone trusted

Josh

Verified Member
I had a similair idea a while ago. But I was thinking maybe you could link the leveling of your abbilities to the leveling system that is already in minecraft. But then you would have to find a way to not lose your level when you die.
I don't even know if something like this can be done though, I don't have any coding experience what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.