• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Level up abilities (Not Ridiculous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Hey,
I've seen different version of your idea and I have never liked it when I have joined new servers.

I've seen server's where you had to practice using moves to unlock the next move. Having a bending rank that gets higher and unlocks more the more you fight.
Also, you could say McMMO's 'unarmed' is a version of this idea, since it does the same thing in a way (increased damage)

The reasons I've left these server's as soon as I've joined them are as follows;
If I'm looking for a new bending server to join, I will be trying quite a few out. I like to jump straight into the game, head to arena and fight.
If you limit my moves forcing me to rank up to use them, I can't test all of your moves to see if I like how you've edited them, or to see if they're balanced.
If people who play a lot do more damage, it's an infuriating grind in arena against player's who do more damage. I just have to die lots of times whilst ranking up my moves for more damage in the arena, which is NOT fun.

I think what would be more a more user friendly version of your idea is;
Give them all the moves that you usually get at all the same damage.
Have a way for them to rank up after a while to have access to added moves OR different versions of the moves you already have.
For example- When they first join they have normal firejet. After they rank up they gain access to FireJet+

-Loony
Exactly. I have had this same experience multiple times, and it's definitely a turn off to having new people join your server. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.