• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Level up abilities (Not Ridiculous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamskii6

First of all, this is an upgraded version of my previous thread.

My idea is that the more we use one ability, the stronger it gets. It should take like 1000 uses (configurable) of watermanipulation to add +1 damage (half a heart) to it for example. So with this random users wont just run around, only train one ability and be more op than actual masters. I think this would be a great side-plugin or something added to the ProjectKorraRPG plugin.

This way new users wont be just as good as old players. (NOT FUN when someone new joins and is better than you!!!) Also people will want to be on your server more to train so they don't fall behind!

There should be a way to enable/disable this feature because I bet some people don't want it!
Also, there should be an OP command that lets you add levels to certain people and a feature where you can enable/disable leveling up on some abilities.

PLEASE GUYS </3

Last edited:
I'm down for this. Although grinding is not my favorite thing in games, leveling up is just a fascinating idea to add to the world of bending.
There is no way that this system would be fair, but it would be fun.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
First of all, this is an upgraded version of my previous thread.

My idea is that the more we use one ability, the stronger it gets. It should take like 1000 uses (configurable) of watermanipulation to add +1 damage (half a heart) to it for example. So with this random users wont just run around, only train one ability and be more op than actual masters. I think this would be a great side-plugin or something added to the ProjectKorraRPG plugin.

This way new users wont be just as good as old players. (NOT FUN when someone new joins and is better than you!!!) Also people will want to be on your server more to train so they don't fall behind!

There should be a way to enable/disable this feature because I bet some people don't want it!
Also, there should be an OP command that lets you add levels to certain people and a feature where you can enable/disable leveling up on some abilities.

PLEASE GUYS </3
It feels ridicously unbalanced towards new players. I believe bending should be about startegy, not trying to level up your bending so you are stronger than everyone else.

Adamskii6

It feels ridicously unbalanced towards new players. I believe bending should be about startegy, not trying to level up your bending so you are stronger than everyone else.
Ridiculously? It's not... 1000 watermanipulations is A LOT.

So all the old players get to destroy all the new players even though the new players might have more skill? Sounds like a server I would join!
So I can get stronger by using the same move over and over 50 thousand times? Yipee!!! Now i can train for 8 hours straight to kill people who have a life!
I would agree with some different version of this, such as you have to train to learn new functions of moves.
For example: You have to practice using airblast before you can use the sneak function to choose where the blast starts from.
Or: The more you practice with fireblast, you learn how to charge it, for more damage.
It would be nice to be able to 'level' up certain moves that don't do damage.

Adamskii6

So all the old players get to destroy all the new players even though the new players might have more skill? Sounds like a server I would join!
Destroy?.. Yeah right, half a heart of extra damage makes you totally DESTROY people.

I do agree when people say it's more about strategy but this is more logical.

Loony

Hey,
I've seen different version of your idea and I have never liked it when I have joined new servers.

I've seen server's where you had to practice using moves to unlock the next move. Having a bending rank that gets higher and unlocks more the more you fight.
Also, you could say McMMO's 'unarmed' is a version of this idea, since it does the same thing in a way (increased damage)

The reasons I've left these server's as soon as I've joined them are as follows;
If I'm looking for a new bending server to join, I will be trying quite a few out. I like to jump straight into the game, head to arena and fight.
If you limit my moves forcing me to rank up to use them, I can't test all of your moves to see if I like how you've edited them, or to see if they're balanced.
If people who play a lot do more damage, it's an infuriating grind in arena against player's who do more damage. I just have to die lots of times whilst ranking up my moves for more damage in the arena, which is NOT fun.

I think what would be more a more user friendly version of your idea is;
Give them all the moves that you usually get at all the same damage.
Have a way for them to rank up after a while to have access to added moves OR different versions of the moves you already have.
For example- When they first join they have normal firejet. After they rank up they gain access to FireJet+

-Loony

Status
Not open for further replies.