• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Let's vote on: Up- and downvotes

Do you agree with the idea of an up/downvote system being used on the forums?

• Yes, including Gold

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Yes, not including Gold

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
V

Vidcom

Hey all. So the idea of using an up/downvote system on the forum has been bounced around a bit lately, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. The poll numbers will be a strong indicator to whether we implement it or not :)

To those unaware, up/downvotes are a common system, found on YikYak and Reddit. The idea is that every user can vote a post up or down, and all posts are ranked in a list based on this. Each user can only give one up OR downvote per post, but can use as many as they want on as many posts as they want.

In Suggestions in particular, this will be an excellent method of telling of what you guys think of a move, rather than what this one CD thought via a prefix, as is the current system. There is also a possibility of adding a Gold feature, where you pay for what is basically a super upvote.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. Remember to state your opinions in the poll! :D

Sorin

Verified Member
I'm happy to donate but the gold thing is really ridiculous and could heavily upset suggestions and could turn out to be pointless.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I honestly prefer the like system currently implemented. One thing with upvotes/downvotes, it's very much based on opinion and can also be very negative. That's just my opinion though :p

The gold idea, however, is great. Awesome way to support PK :D

HydroMan

Verified Member
rather than what this one CD thought via a prefix, as is the current system.
After seeing that sentence, without a thought I gave it a Yes vote on this suggested idea system. Might as well explaining more in depth about Gold feature, as I just gave a vote while not seeing "including Gold" along the vote, which I don't if it's a good thing to have, because I still didn't get well what the gold feature would be like.

BubbaTree

Verified Member
Although I would love to bully all of you and downvote your stupid posts, I wouldn't like to see it added to projectkorra. Users would be reluctant to post the un-favorable opinions to avoid downvotes, and those opinions would never be heard.

Hero

Verified Member
Although I would love to bully all of you and downvote your stupid posts, I wouldn't like to see it added to projectkorra. Users would be reluctant to post the un-favorable opinions to avoid downvotes, and those opinions would never be heard.
Bullying is rude, stupid, annoying, horrible, mean, awful, dumb, pathetic, pessimistic and a pest.

._.

jedk1

Bullying is rude, stupid, annoying, horrible, mean, awful, dumb, pathetic, pessimistic and a pest.

._.
And this is why we have a god damn forum moderator.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Lets add the table "give a reason" after voting, so whoever is in charge of the forum could accept the vote so to prevent from trolls with multiple fake accounts give down votes for purpose, or people that don't like that person who originated the idea gonna dislike it because of him, or the other things that people give downvotes that isn't related to the main idea/suggestion. Same goes for up-vote.