• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Let's talk about Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Hey guys, OmniCypher here. I figured that it was time for me to personally come out and start asking the community about Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10. As of now my main concerns are how many of you want to update your servers to Minecraft 1.9 or above? Have you been waiting on ProjectKorra to update your servers? How many of you would update to Minecraft 1.9 or 1.10 once we update ProjectKorra?

Please note that this isn't a discussion thread about new features using Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10 mechanics. This is for me to gauge how quickly a 1.9 and 1.10 builds are needed, how quickly they will be used, and how high of a priority they will need to be.

Thank you for your feedback!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I personally have been waiting to update with Project Korra to 1.9 once it came out. Then 1.10 came out and I heard 1.9 versions should be easily compatible with 1.10. I was waiting for a bit but apparently you guys are still working on 1.8. I lost hope on Project Korra updating soon because there were no updates or anything regarding it. We, on the server, made the tough decision to update our server without Project Korra and add it at a later date. I would add Project Korra 1.9 or 1.10 to my server as soon as it came out.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Many of us want to Project Korra to release a build 1.10. I as the owner of the server I really want to translate my server to 1.10, because so many opportunities open to us all. A lot of players looking forward to this "celebration".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I personally have been waiting to update with Project Korra to 1.9 once it came out. Then 1.10 came out and I heard 1.9 versions should be easily compatible with 1.10. I was waiting for a bit but apparently you guys are still working on 1.8. I lost hope on Project Korra updating soon because there were no updates or anything regarding it. We, on the server, made the tough decision to update our server without Project Korra and add it at a later date. I would add Project Korra 1.9 or 1.10 to my server as soon as it came out.
Without PK - no fun. That's why I'm still in 1.8, to keep playing the plugin. It's one of my reasons why I started to play minecraft more frequently when PK took over Orion's plugin.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Without PK - no fun. That's why I'm still in 1.8, to keep playing the plugin. It's one of my reasons why I started to play minecraft more frequently when PK took over Orion's plugin.
Yes, I agree. That is also the main reason why I started playing Minecraft more frequently. But we can always add Project Korra back a soon as it's available to us. I was personally tired of waiting around and lost hope.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Of course everyone wants PK to be upgraded to 1.9/1.10! It's the main reason half of my serverlist is still 1.8 o.o

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Excellent! Thanks to everyone for all the feedback. I'm happy to say that we are almost finished finalizing ProjectKorra version 1.8.0 and plan on releasing a stable build soon. After all the minor issues with the build are resolved we will move on to updating to Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10!

Loony

Verified Member
I've only just started to want to update to Minecraft 1.9 (or 1.10) but that's mainly because my server is going to change when we do. I do not like 1.9+ features to be honest, but I get to reset my survival world which is what the players want (and I get to add new builds & features)

So yeah, I want us to update.