• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

LavaFlow(/New Move) vs RaiseEarth

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Out of boredom i thought of suggesting something here and this thing came out of my mind (i don't play much with earth ,i might get hate and i wouls regret posting this) so that when clicking with lavaflow (or as a new seperate ability) to have a fuction of melting blocks(that are earthbendable) into lava AND making them sink into the surface and leaving a hole at the targeted ground. When you click with lavaflow at the columns that were raised by "raiseearth" ,this would break the enemies defense by turning it into lava(and preferably only those structures/collumbs that face vertically so the surface would be unefected and that won't turn into lava as it's not being pointed at) AND the lava would sink in into the ground, leaving the hole at where they were standing. If you click while pointing directly at the ground ,the groud would create a pool of lava and that lava sink in and leave a hole where the lava stayed (ofc this could be as a new diffrent ability instead of existing lavaflow ,as this makes a bigger change and not everyone would like this function. This could be called like LavaSink ,lavadripp smth). This might get denial which i definelly predict it will be.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Out of boredom i thought of suggesting something here and this thing came out of my mind (i don't play much with earth ,i might get hate and i wouls regret posting this) so that when clicking with lavaflow (or as a new seperate ability) to have a fuction of melting blocks(that are earthbendable) into lava AND making them sink into the surface and leaving a hole at the targeted ground. When you click with lavaflow at the columns that were raised by "raiseearth" ,this would break the enemies defense by turning it into lava(and preferably only those structures/collumbs that face vertically so the surface would be unefected and that won't turn into lava as it's not being pointed at) AND the lava would sink in into the ground, leaving the hole at where they were standing. If you click while pointing directly at the ground ,the groud would create a pool of lava and that lava sink in and leave a hole where the lava stayed (ofc this could be as a new diffrent ability instead of existing lavaflow ,as this makes a bigger change and not everyone would like this function. This could be called like LavaSink ,lavadripp smth). This might get denial which i definelly predict it will be.
Well?

HydroMan

Verified Member
So ok here are the pictures...
You first create a lava pool with EarthSink(i decided this should be implanted as to a new move rather then lavaflow; if you have ideas for a better name for this pls say so) by l-clicking. Then the lava would appear (same as with lavaflow - earthbendable blocks turn into lavablocks...

Then after the lava is created ,it will start to sink in one block lower, destroying the first layer of blocks below...

after 0.5 seconds the lava would sink one more block down ,destroying the second layer of blocks

the lava would then turn into flowing one and it would shrink down till it disapear s, leaving 3 height deep hole ,where the pool of it had stood

The main used of this ,is for breaking another earthbenders defense (a.k.a raiseearth):
Heres for you to visualize the scenario:
Here you see the regular columns of the raise earth

Then what would happen if i l-click with LavaSink?

The very top first block of the columns would turn into a lavablock. Then just after it turns it will imediatly disapear(with the previous block which lava had incompous it). To the second two blocks would occur the same thing

And it will continue to melt each upcoming block rapedtly by 2 blocks ,to the point the wall just becomes non-existing

The hole is left as it were when the column(s) had been raised. This could also work on other structures by just l-clicking on the structures and they in time vanqise. The conguration for this ability would be the same as for lavaflow ,but with some additional ones(that haven't come to myind yet)

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I honestly don't really think this is necessary, as you could also just use Collapse =/

djmyernos

Verified Member
I agree with everyone else. Cool idea, but just use collapse. Or maybe integrate this with lavaflow. If lavaflow touches raise earth, then the earth melts. Not create a whole new move.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Lava subelement main focus is all about destruction and killling. But all it does in mc is to kill and thats just the purpose is. Lava should be more liking making changes to enviroment ,not just heat up the ground and leave it how it stays. Like remember the episode Ghazeer destroyed the air nomadd temple... He literally MELTED it into pieces ,where there was nothing left of it. That's mostly why in book 4 the temple wasn't shown atleast once,as it wasn' there

owlcool

Verified Member
Lava subelement main focus is all about destruction and killling. But all it does in mc is to kill and thats just the purpose is. Lava should be more liking making changes to enviroment ,not just heat up the ground and leave it how it stays. Like remember the episode Ghazeer destroyed the air nomadd temple... He literally MELTED it into pieces ,where there was nothing left of it. That's mostly why in book 4 the temple wasn't shown atleast once,as it wasn' there
Griefer=lavabender

HydroMan

Verified Member
Lava did melt in the show. It's abit illogical for lavabender not to turn raiseearth into lava ,causing it to wall once it turns...

Status
Not open for further replies.