• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lavabending defensive move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
But the other aspects can be modified to limit how easy it is to damage with lavaflow.
That the most bullshit thing i ever heard
Bro, you can say that to everything. Lava has high damage and you know it

Then you could say fire should have high defense since people can make damage lower

Doesn't matter if you hit it or not because thats not what matters

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That the most bullshit thing i ever heard
Bro, you can say that to everything. Lava has high damage and you know it

Then you could say fire should have high defense since people can make damage lower

Doesn't matter if you hit it or not because thats not what matters
...kinda does, to be damaged you need to be hit....

Joeri

Verified Member
...kinda does, to be damaged you need to be hit....
Sigh, you are such a newb. That logic has more holes than my cheese from holland. That's not how it works. Fire has high damage right. But with your logic its low damage since you can dodge it

When comparing damage, things such as "how hard to hit" "dodging" do not apply. I'm talking about DAMAGE itself.

For the damage to be applied the move must hit yes, but i'm talking about the damage itself. The raw value.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sigh, you are such a newb. That logic has more holes than my cheese from holland. That's not how it works. Fire has high damage right. But with your logic its low damage since you can dodge it

When comparing damage, things such as "how hard to hit" "dodging" do not apply. I'm talking about DAMAGE itself.

For the damage to be applied the move must hit yes, but i'm talking about the damage itself. The raw value.
Sure, the addon dev is the newb. And i never said it didn't have high damage, I said that it's not that good because of how difficult it can be to hit people.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
First of all, elements are unique in a way that their playstyles differ. That's one of the greatest things about the plugins, everyone picks a different element that fits his or her style. That being said, we don't intend to give all elements a perfect balance of attack, defense, utility and mobility. It just doesn't fit what we've seen in the show, and would make the plugin a lot more boring and repetitive pvp-wise. It can be pretty fun to play around an element's strengths, and to try to play into their weaknesses.

Lavabenders, as was mentioned, can also use earth's skillset, which is already pretty defense-oriented. This suggestion would basically be a very dangerous EarthGrab, which you can already semi-achieve using EarthGrab followed by a sneak on LavaFlow.

Instead, something that might be worth considering, is that EarthGrab and RaiseEarth will be made up of lava entirely when used on a pool of lava, even if it's a shallow one created by LavaFlow. They would slowly sink back in the ground though, as I don't believe you can actually sustain lava in such an upward position for a long time. That would definitely be very canon.

At the very least, we'll be looking into it either way.

Joeri

Verified Member
@Joeri the league logics tho.
I don't play LoL often.
Sure, the addon dev is the newb. And i never said it didn't have high damage, I said that it's not that good because of how difficult it can be to hit people.
Just because you know how to code does not mean you know how to balance stuff, like cross said, every element has an own playstyle, and no matter what you say giving something high defensives while having very high damage would be to strong

Not that many holes.
not ma choose bro

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just because you know how to code does not mean you know how to balance stuff, like cross said, every element has an own playstyle, and no matter what you say giving something high defensives while having very high damage would be to strong
I do know how to balance tho, take a look at any one of my addons. They are balanced pretty well by default. And also earth by default doesn't have all that much damage, earthblast, earthsmash, shockwave. Just because the server you play on made earth op, don't complain about it on the forums.

Joeri

Verified Member
I do know how to balance tho, take a look at any one of my addons. They are balanced pretty well by default. And also earth by default doesn't have all that much damage, earthblast, earthsmash, shockwave. Just because the server you play on made earth op, don't complain about it on the forums.
I play on a server that has default configs lel. LavaFlow shits on anyone who is trying to get close. It's the ultimate denial move

HI THERE CHIBLOCKER WANNA GET CLOSE? NOPE. *lavaflow* *dead / almost dead*

Status
Not open for further replies.