• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Kali Sticks

So there were Electrical Kali Sticks that were shown in Legend of Korra

This isn't what I want to suggest, however.
I think that Wooden swords should represent just normal Kali Sticks. I think this'd fit in, especially since Avatar is heavily Asian-themed.

BryanPlays

Well, I feel like that just makes a wooden sword seem so powerful. Maybe a diamond sword or Blazerods or something like that...

Yeah, along with my idea. The Problem is that adding a texture to a wooden sword as of to portray a kali stick would be weird in a crafting sense. One wooden stick and two wooden planks alone create a kali stick? That doesn't seem right.

Yeah, along with my idea. The Problem is that adding a texture to a wooden sword as of to portray a kali stick would be weird in a crafting sense. One wooden stick and two wooden planks alone create a kali stick? That doesn't seem right.
I'd imagine that the kali sticks would be more like sparring sticks, wooden sticks that are crafted into a more sturdy one.

The weird thing about is that it wouldn't match its ingredents (aka wooden stick and planks) color. That would leave your texture to be irrelevant.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

The weird thing about is that it wouldn't match its ingredents (aka wooden stick and planks) color. That would leave your texture to be irrelevant.

Really, the crafting recipe for minecraft wooden swords doesn't make much sense in the first place. You put two giant blocks of wood on a stick and get a sharp blade of wood. Where did the rest of the wood go? You never find out. I find that if you have the option to have something similar to a sparring stick, it'd be a good addition, especially since wooden swords do damage.

the giant blocks could represent the flat part that makes a blade. The upper two slots filling it with sticks than wooden to my way of looking would create "a longer stick". Since the bottom slot has a stick, which is the thinner piece of all, it is logical to have it as a hilt for the sword. Finally, the shape of the put pieces (vertical) is logical, as the sword goes in straight line. To sum it up, I don't find anything wrong with the recipe.

the giant blocks could represent the flat part that makes a blade. The upper two slots filling it with sticks than wooden to my way of looking would create "a longer stick". Since the bottom slot has a stick, which is the thinner piece of all, it is logical to have it as a hilt for the sword. Finally, the shape of the put pieces (vertical) is logical, as the sword goes in straight line. To sum it up, I don't find anything wrong with the recipe.

Why couldn't you use one wooden block? The sword can't be longer than a meter as shown by how it looks when you hold it. Besides, I think that crafting the wood into sparring sticks would be justifiable too.

BryanPlays

A wooden sword just doesn't fit the Kali Sticks. A stick could be retextured to be a sparring stick. I think that blazerods should be retextured to be Kali Sticks if anything.

paliate

I find it weird that you want blazes to drop Kali Sticks.
(Not to mention that you'd be able to turn a Kali Stick into powder)
And it would be unwise to make them into blaze rods anyways since they wouldn't be able to be used to fight.

If I'm going to spend my time texturing something, I don't want it to be pointless and dumb.
I want it to be used properly in relation to the show.

that one wooden block I would imagine it would create a dagger or half on of it. You're saying that that 3 upper slots is about a meter messurement? Funny, cause the traldoors is not even half a block width, considering that its crafting principle takes 2 slots vert (and hor).

Anyway, I don't think we should look into messure ment of what is in the crafting grid, because if we do that for judging of what should be valid in the plugin/game, it would still be irrelevant. Just see it by comparing 'crafting a
trapdoor' and 'crafting a slab'. Like how does placing more slot higher creates a trapdoor of a 0,2 block height; placing in a 1 row creates widther up to 0,5 block height, AND the fact that trap door requires 4 wooden blanks while slab 3 blocks??! That's like the opposite of logic. Don't know how would go around compressing wood to make stuff tinner and vice versa.

See what I mean? It isn't about how many items/ingredients must be place to craft something to make it a valid recipe for the certain item. It is about logical shape and ingredients that would make sense for that crafting process of the item. Which is why in vanilla game we don't craft wooden swords by putting 5 iron ignots in a X (cross) shape by one per slot.

that one wooden block I would imagine it would create a dagger or half on of it. You're saying that that 3 upper slots is about a meter messurement? Funny, cause the traldoors is not even half a block width, considering that its crafting principle takes 2 slots vert (and hor).

Anyway, I don't think we should look into messure ment of what is in the crafting grid, because if we do that for judging of what should be valid in the plugin/game, it would still be irrelevant. Just see it by comparing 'crafting a
trapdoor' and 'crafting a slab'. Like how does placing more slot higher creates a trapdoor of a 0,2 block height; placing in a 1 row creates widther up to 0,5 block height, AND the fact that trap door requires 4 wooden blanks while slab 3 blocks??! That's like the opposite of logic. Don't know how would go around compressing wood to make stuff tinner and vice versa.

See what I mean? It isn't about how many items/ingredients must be place to craft something to make it a valid recipe for the certain item. It is about logical shape and ingredients that would make sense for that crafting process of the item. Which is why in vanilla game we don't craft wooden swords by putting 5 iron ignots in a X (cross) shape by one per slot.

This response was directed to SuperBower-what-is-name. I could have quoted him If I had seen replies after his (forgot to check if there was a latest page, sorry :/).

Kiam

I'm pretty sure you can use a wooden hoe and it's variants to have a few different items with different textures. I'm pretty sure the magic spells (wand) plugin uses this for their wands. It's like wooden_hoe:6-12 or something like that.
edit: I found this video & snippet from the Mc Wiki
Models
  • Different models/textures can be used for each different damage value, item states, and whether the item is held in a different hand.
  • Models can be put together based on block state attributes, such as fences.
    • As a result, the vanilla set of block models has been reduced by almost 300.
  • Block model JSON is now strict, meaning that comments and quote-less identifiers are not allowed.
  • display tag defaults have changed, and the thirdperson and firstperson tags were replaced with thirdperson_righthand, thirdperson_lefthand, firstperson_righthand, and firstperson_lefthand.
  • parent and elements tags can coexist now, but the top level elements tag overwrites all former ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=n1_l5hhU14w
@paliate could this work with something?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I'm pretty sure you can use a wooden hoe and it's variants to have a few different items with different textures. I'm pretty sure the magic spells (wand) plugin uses this for their wands. It's like wooden_hoe:6-12 or something like that.
edit: I found this video & snippet from the Mc Wiki
Models
  • Different models/textures can be used for each different damage value, item states, and whether the item is held in a different hand.
  • Models can be put together based on block state attributes, such as fences.
    • As a result, the vanilla set of block models has been reduced by almost 300.
  • Block model JSON is now strict, meaning that comments and quote-less identifiers are not allowed.
  • display tag defaults have changed, and the thirdperson and firstperson tags were replaced with thirdperson_righthand, thirdperson_lefthand, firstperson_righthand, and firstperson_lefthand.
  • parent and elements tags can coexist now, but the top level elements tag overwrites all former ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=n1_l5hhU14w
@paliate could this work with something?
There's also a coding aspect to it. One problem I can see is durability. As the durability changes so would the texture. The best fix for this is making items not take damage so they retain their texture. This is probably not what we want.

Switch

The crafting recipe wouldn't be a problem as you can use pkItems to do the recipes. The only thing that needs work would be the textures as either tool/item would not be specifically relevant to the look of the kali sticks, one could just pick a random item to be textured, eg ; dyes, dragon eggs, etc ( something that is not craft-able / used widely in minecraft ) . As the item and texture idea is pretty much solved all you really need to do is utilize pkItems to do the crafting recipe and perhaps enhance / diminish the effects of bending.
Another idea for texturing might be the fact that if a ( wood sword ) tool does take durability and the texture for the item changes ( when durability is decreased ) then one might be able to create a texture for the electric kali sticks with the default ( full durability ) as some , non electrified, texture and the next texture ( for a tool that has taken durability damage ) being that of an electrified kali stick, this could also be made better if someone could create an animated texture for the electrified stick which would give a nice effect. However this would bring around the problem of the durability being kept at : 100/99 which would keep the texture the same. But if someone could find a plugin or some code to restore the durability ( in a given time period ) of a tool, this would give a pretty nice effect. So... Points to cover:
- Crafting recipe with pkItems / other custom item crafting
- Bending effects with pkItems
- Textures done made and different textures for damaged tools ( maybe an animated texture )
- A plugin that restores the durability of a specific tool

So... Points to cover:
- Crafting recipe with pkItems / other custom item crafting
- Bending effects with pkItems
- Textures done made and different textures for damaged tools ( maybe an animated texture )
- A plugin that restores the durability of a specific tool
Gotta love when you give tl;dr version! Appreciate that very well.

If I understood it correctly, you can change the texture specifically to the item that has the pk's items data? If so, that's great! I just remember that the PK items plugin right now has a glider, that is set to be a stick. If the resource pack change all the stick looking items, including vanilla and pk's, then that's a problem (Imagine how weird it would be if an airbender glided/blasted you hard with a kali stick).

Switch

(Imagine how weird it would be if an airbender glided/blasted you hard with a kali stick).
Granted, it would look pretty bad if your everyday stick looked like, and acted as something that would blast you say. But ( I haven't tested yet ) I'm quite sure that an item crafted without the details ( values from the pkItems plugin ( the custom pkItem ) ) will not effect the normal item made in the game, if so I'm sorry for posting this :p. But the texture problem would also be bad. As I stated in my later post , the solution to the texture problem would be to texture an item that is either no craftable in the game and has little use or an item in the game that would not be used a lot in the game , eg; a flower , dye ,etc.