• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Introducing Support Tickets - The New ProjectKorra Bug Tracker

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for suggestions to improve the ProjectKorra website. I have begun to work on renovations to the website and have already made a few minor cosmetic / performance changes. This post, however, will draw your attention to the first notable change that we are making. It's the introduction of a new bug tracking system, using support tickets to streamline the process a bit more.

The Support Ticket system will allow us to keep track of bugs easily. It will allow members to better filter through what has been resolved, and streamline the discussion between the staff and the community. This thread will outline some of the goals for the new system, what to expect next, and how to operate it.

The Goals
The primary goal of the new support system is to facilitate a better discussion between our staff and community about the issues in the plugin. As it exists, our bug reports system is horrid - bugs can easily get lost and often go for months without anyone commenting on them. Hopefully this eases things a bit.

How To Use
You can view support tickets by clicking the link in the navigation menu. It will open up a new page in which you can view open / active tickets and open a new one. You can open a new ticket from this menu to report a bug.

The first thing you will see is asking for a department As of now, all tickets go to the development staff - so select that. The rest of the ticket will populate itself.

I have created the form in such a way so that it should be pretty self explanatory. Tell us what plugin you are using, what version, attach the debug file from Core, and explain how we get to your bug. This requires a bit more information than previous from you guys - but it should allow us to fix them much faster.

One thing I do want to talk about is ticket priority. Please use them sparingly. A good practice will be this:
- High Priority: Game breaking bugs. You cannot function until these are fixed.
- Medium Priority (Default): Some features are broken, but the plugin is still usable.
- Low Priority: Minor bugs that don't really affect anything. Things like typos, etc.

Please be descriptive in your titles, use proper debug files, and be descriptive in the steps to reproduce / any additional information. We are trying to help you!

What's Next
I hope to be rolling out more new website features to bring ProjectKorra into the new year. You'll probably see more announcements from me about them. As it pertains to the bugs, the old bug report forums will close. Old threads that have not been resolved will remain present for a limited time. Old threads that have been resolved will be archived. Please re-report any bugs that previously went untouched and you can confirm still exists.

Thank you all! Hope you're enjoying the Holiday season thus far. Onward!

Matt

Hello everyone!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for suggestions to improve the ProjectKorra website. I have begun to work on renovations to the website and have already made a few minor cosmetic / performance changes. This post, however, will draw your attention to the first notable change that we are making. It's the introduction of a new bug tracking system, using support tickets to streamline the process a bit more.

The Support Ticket system will allow us to keep track of bugs easily. It will allow members to better filter through what has been resolved, and streamline the discussion between the staff and the community. This thread will outline some of the goals for the new system, what to expect next, and how to operate it.

The Goals
The primary goal of the new support system is to facilitate a better discussion between our staff and community about the issues in the plugin. As it exists, our bug reports system is horrid - bugs can easily get lost and often go for months without anyone commenting on them. Hopefully this eases things a bit.

How To Use
You can view support tickets by clicking the link in the navigation menu. It will open up a new page in which you can view open / active tickets and open a new one. You can open a new ticket from this menu to report a bug.

The first thing you will see is asking for a department As of now, all tickets go to the development staff - so select that. The rest of the ticket will populate itself.

I have created the form in such a way so that it should be pretty self explanatory. Tell us what plugin you are using, what version, attach the debug file from Core, and explain how we get to your bug. This requires a bit more information than previous from you guys - but it should allow us to fix them much faster.

One thing I do want to talk about is ticket priority. Please use them sparingly. A good practice will be this:
- High Priority: Game breaking bugs. You cannot function until these are fixed.
- Medium Priority (Default): Some features are broken, but the plugin is still usable.
- Low Priority: Minor bugs that don't really affect anything. Things like typos, etc.

Please be descriptive in your titles, use proper debug files, and be descriptive in the steps to reproduce / any additional information. We are trying to help you!

What's Next
I hope to be rolling out more new website features to bring ProjectKorra into the new year. You'll probably see more announcements from me about them. As it pertains to the bugs, the old bug report forums will close. Old threads that have not been resolved will remain present for a limited time. Old threads that have been resolved will be archived. Please re-report any bugs that previously went untouched and you can confirm still exists.

Thank you all! Hope you're enjoying the Holiday season thus far. Onward!
Hot

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The captcha seems broken for me.
I tried twice. One time the question was "What avatar was this project named after?" and "What game is this project made for?". I answered Korra and Minecraft but they were both marked wron.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
The captcha seems broken for me.
I tried twice. One time the question was "What avatar was this project named after?" and "What game is this project made for?". I answered Korra and Minecraft but they were both marked wron.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention - this should be fixed.

HydroMan

One question: what else can be consider Low Priority. I know what you said it is and it's clear to me, but curious what can else other than a typo is low priority?