• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

IMPORTANT: Dev Build Disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, I feel like this just needs to come out, as it has gotten out of hands as of late and people are taking it out on the wrong people. This thread has several important points when it comes to dev builds.

1. Dev Builds are by no means complete, and are likely to contain bugs.
    1. The whole reason we do dev builds is because we want to show you guys what we are working on as we do it. Nothing we release is every perfect right out the door, and shouldn't be treated as such. When we release a dev build, we just make sure it is able to run, not necessarily bug free. That is why we have a bug reports forum so we can fix them in between dev builds.
  2. You are downloading dev builds at your own risk
    1. Now, I promise I will never release a dev build (intentionally) that will destroy your server, but you are downloading them at your own risk. By choosing to download a build not marked as official you accept that there very well may be bugs present. If this is the case, I recommend you tell us in the bug reports forum and let us handle it.
  3. Dev Builds are not meant to prime time servers
    1. Again, these builds exist so we can show you things and so you guys can find bugs that we wouldn't normally find. These aren't meant for your servers with hundreds of players, when we advertise that they may be filled with bugs. While many servers, myself included, run dev builds because they tend to be usable, I must emphasize #2.
  4. Dev Builds are released at my discretion and nobody else. What goes in these dev builds is up to me as well. Getting mad at another staff member for something in the dev build does you no good.
We're doing this project for nothing in return with our own free time, we don't ask for anything in return. The Developers / Concept Designers are not your targets when you find something wrong, that is what the forum is for.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.