• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[IMPORTANT] Changes coming to ProjectKorra BETA 13

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because I didnt say anything that is remotely rude unlike the other 5 comments before me (You also said y u do dis), so I really didnt mean to offend anyone this time but its clear you meant to offend me. Panda Thumbs Down
Can you please stop crying about every fucking comment?

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Lots of people seem to be unhappy about the changes coming next beta, but keep in mind; it's all optimisation. One of the biggest complaints we've gotten is the amount of lag PK is capable of producing; next beta will be a godsend for a lot of server owners. (And a lot of players! Less "lag" spamming.)

We don't do this to piss you all off. If we could flick a switch to fix it all without having to need developers to update their add-ons, we would've done so.

Hero

Verified Member
Lots of people seem to be unhappy about the changes coming next beta, but keep in mind; it's all optimisation. One of the biggest complaints we've gotten is the amount of lag PK is capable of producing; next beta will be a godsend for a lot of server owners. (And a lot of players! Less "lag" spamming.)

We don't do this to piss you all off. If we could flick a switch to fix it all without having to need developers to update their add-ons, we would've done so.
I like this. Gets rid of lag

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

We all know you can't, but you can't expect people to not complain, especially when it means a recode of almost all addons.

Sorin

Verified Member
"Are you guys being serious"

Good day
Yes im serious, addon development keeps geting buttfucked, *cough*1.7.0*cough* then with the config changes (That was easy though so.), and now this. :-/
So sorry if i'm a little upset that things keep changing, gets really annoying to try and learn something and then it gets changed mid learning process, so yes im serious.
"Good day"

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes im serious, addon development keeps geting buttfucked, *cough*1.7.0*cough* then with the config changes (That was easy though so.), and now this. :-/
So sorry if i'm a little upset that things keep changing, gets really annoying to try and learn something and then it gets changed mid learning process, so yes im serious.
"Good day"
Well if you use eclipse all you need to do is type "extends AddonAbility" and basically eclipse handles the rest and all you need to do is just move your code. Theres not much extra to learn

Sorin

Verified Member
Well if you use eclipse all you need to do is type "extends AddonAbility" and basically eclipse handles the rest and all you need to do is just move your code. Theres not much extra to learn
,-,
(Deep breath) My point is that things keep changing addon development like every 5 builds, it's annoying af.

jedk1

,-,
(Deep breath) My point is that things keep changing addon development like every 5 builds, it's annoying af.
Look. Quit complaining. This is a much needed recode, that @jacklin213 has presumably spent days on. Pk staff work for free. Show some gratitude to all this work they are doing. Anyway. Would you rather have these changes with gaps in between. or all in one with no dev builds? Thats what i thought. Now stop whining and show some love.

Sorin

Verified Member
Look. Quit complaining. This is a much needed recode, that @jacklin213 has presumably spent days on. Pk staff work for free. Show some gratitude to all this work they are doing. Anyway. Would you rather have these changes with gaps in between. or all in one with no dev builds? Thats what i thought. Now stop whining and show some love.
I'll complain all I want :) and I love the beta builds just annoyed. And I love the work that they do, and I know pk staff work for free, and even though i'm "whining" I'm just voiceing my opinion, you don't have to like it.

Sorin

Verified Member
At this point im more confused than angry, i'm just gonna "show some love". Thanks for the lag fix @jacklin213 and the pk staff team you guys are amaze balls. (Side note: Sorry for being such an asshole, kinda had a bad day then i found out about addons breaking.)

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
,-,
I see where your coming from which is why I spent 2 weeks redoing the whole framework so that Addons won't break again hopefully in the near future. The only reasons why Addons have been broken in the past was because we tried building a house on sand without concrete. Obviously you would have to repair the house from time to time which is why I tore down the house laid some concrete so hopefully they house won't need fixes anymore but instead we can focus on improvements.

But nevertheless I totally understand where your coming from and you do have the right to complain :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I see where your coming from which is why I spent 2 weeks redoing the whole framework so that Addons won't break again hopefully in the near future. The only reasons why Addons have been broken in the past was because we tried building a house on sand without concrete. Obviously you would have to repair the house from time to time which is why I tore down the house laid some concrete so hopefully they house won't need fixes anymore but instead we can focus on improvements.

But nevertheless I totally understand where your coming from and you do have the right to complain :)
He's a contractor to. I call it

Ron

Verified Member
It may be a silly question but you mentioned this

. The method
Code:
remove()
is optional, should only be implemented if extra things need to be handled by the ability eg) block reverting.
Ever since Beta 13 came out I had to take a look at the CoreAbilities on GitHub to see what have been changed with how abilities should work, and you used remove() in each one of them, then you even used it in the example, I am confused xD.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It may be a silly question but you mentioned this

Ever since Beta 13 came out I had to take a look at the CoreAbilities on GitHub to see what have been changed with how abilities should work, and you used remove() in each one of them, then you even used it in the example, I am confused xD.
Basically when you have your ability class itself implement AddonAbility, AddonAbility is a subclass of CoreAbility. So when i said remove() was optional what i meant what overriding the current remove() method was optional. If you dont override remove() you will still be able to call it and it will just call CoreAbility.remove() basically

Ron

Verified Member
Basically when you have your ability class itself implement AddonAbility, AddonAbility is a subclass of CoreAbility. So when i said remove() was optional what i meant what overriding the current remove() method was optional. If you dont override remove() you will still be able to call it and it will just call CoreAbility.remove() basically
Oh I see, thanks for brighting things up!