• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[IMPORTANT] Changes coming to ProjectKorra BETA 13

Ron

Verified Member
Not really, as JedCore gives you 40 some abilities by default. Going through the jedcore config and disabling all the other abilities just when you want one. That's a lot more work than just downloading the individual version and installing it.
And updating each ability individually, with the new Beta 13, exporting (which is a pain) it (individually), and uploading in 40 different ability threads is more work.

Sorin

Verified Member
And updating each ability individually, with the new Beta 13, exporting (which is a pain) it (individually), and uploading in 40 different ability threads is more work.
Even though it is more work, it makes it so server owners don't have to waste their time(Not saying any of the abilities are a waste of time cuz they are all god like) It just makes it easier on a lot of other people.

Ron

Verified Member
Even though it is more work, it makes it so server owners don't have to waste their time(Not saying any of the abilities are a waste of time cuz they are all god like) It just makes it easier on a lot of other people.
It's Jedk's abilities, they work by his rules, not the opposite.

Loony

Verified Member
Nice work Jacklin, you worked hard :)

-pretty sure the time it will take most of you to update your abilities is no where near the time Jacklin spent on this beta.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice work Jacklin, you worked hard :)

-pretty sure the time it will take most of you to update your abilities is no where near the time Jacklin spent on this beta.
Pretty sure you haven't seen most of our eclipse workspaces

V

Vidcom

Guys, this update is going to eliminate a huge amount of lag issues with ProjectKorra, and in the long run, is a fantastic move that has been needed for a long time. I'm sure that we can all suffer together for a week or two to let addons update.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Guys, this update is going to eliminate a huge amount of lag issues with ProjectKorra, and in the long run, is a fantastic move that has been needed for a long time. I'm sure that we can all suffer together for a week or two to let addons update.
If they get updated to the beta.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Awesome work! But now I gotta learn how to do moves all over again XD

I'm glad PK has been cleaned up though. This will be so benificial in the long run for both developers and server owners. I really hope the security restrictions aren't too major though XD Last thing I want is a complete lockdown on all the workarounds I've been using :p

Either way, good job devs ^.^ Good to see things being cleaned up :D

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@jacklin213 What about combo abilities. Do they have anything required?
At the moment no. For combo abilities I guess you can implement the ConfigLoadable class in the time being to reload variables, unless you can handle reloading values by yourself

And to those people that are complaining that have to learn everything again, sorry to say thing but "Are you guys being serious" just cause I add new things in to help addon developers have an easier time doesn't mean Addons are not coded in java anymore. In what sense does adding a new class means everything you learnt in java is gone. The only person that has the right to complain is @jedk1 and him only.

Good day

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
At the moment no. For combo abilities I guess you can implement the ConfigLoadable class in the time being to reload variables, unless you can handle reloading values by yourself

And to those people that are complaining that have to learn everything again, sorry to say thing but "Are you guys being serious" just cause I add new things in to help addon developers have an easier time doesn't mean Addons are not coded in java anymore. In what sense does adding a new class means everything you learnt in java is gone. The only person that has the right to complain is @jedk1 and him only.

Good day
Why only jed?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
(Why is it so hard for people to answer questions?)
You litteraly posted this in the same post as the question, how did you expect an asnwer?
Mind explaining why thats the rudest comment? I didnt say this sucks or I hate like the others...I wasnt complaining either. (Why is it so hard for people to answer questions?)
I'm sure this was a hella lot of work, and then you say ......so no new moves.....?
How is that NOT rude?

Hero

Verified Member
You litteraly posted this in the same post as the question, how did you expect an asnwer?

I'm sure this was a hella lot of work, and then you say ......so no new moves.....?
How is that NOT rude?
Because I didnt say anything that is remotely rude unlike the other 5 comments before me (You also said y u do dis), so I really didnt mean to offend anyone this time but its clear you meant to offend me. Panda Thumbs Down