• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
When a Firebender uses Illumination, instead of a torch, a tiny flame made of particles would appear on the benders left hand that would light up the area.

Loony

Verified Member
When a Firebender uses Illumination, instead of a torch, a tiny flame made of particles would appear on the benders left hand that would light up the area.
I want this too, it'd be so much better!

However, the issue with this is that flame particles don't give off enough light for it to be a useful passive and to my knowledge there isn't any way for us to spawn light in. I'll place this suggestion as looking into but unless we can't somehow create light I doubt it would be a thing.

Green

Verified Member
I would like it for a new heatcontrol passive for fire benders to be able to make sticks torches just like you can cook food with it, why not light a torch?

:p Look at me, my first post in a while since I have been playing overwatch so much after I got my ps4 and have paused my minecraft life until I come to terms with my Overwatch addiction.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
:/ Again your posting a completely unrelated idea on a thread that isn't yours. Could you please create another thread for that idea.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, he is talking about heat control. not illumination

Green

Verified Member
It could be heatcontrol or illumination..... I am just talking about an ability that relates to giving off light. Can you please be a little more accepting of feedback?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It (yours) would fit well with heatcontrol, considering that you have to heat up the tip of the stick to create a torch.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It (yours) would fit well with heatcontrol, considering that you have to heat up the tip of the stick to create a torch.
You would be surprised at how that doesn't work. Unless you have a better fuel source, the torch burns out really quickly.

It could be heatcontrol or illumination..... I am just talking about an ability that relates to giving off light. Can you please be a little more accepting of feedback?
This is a thread on ILLUMINATION, not heat control, even though I love the idea of being able to heat up sticks, to make torches.

This is what I mean

This isn't the same thing as this scene where Zuko melts the ice.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
^^^^ And if it isn't I will personally come and find a way to make it work XD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Igniting fire that follows you? xD Actually, that wouldn't be of a bad idea.

The Fire Block would simple from block away from teh user.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I want this too, it'd be so much better!

However, the issue with this is that flame particles don't give off enough light for it to be a useful passive and to my knowledge there isn't any way for us to spawn light in. I'll place this suggestion as looking into but unless we can't somehow create light I doubt it would be a thing.
Maybe you can have a retextured torch..? be spawned in your offset hand

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
and nobody is gonna make one for these one detailed change.

I was thinking maybe fire particles could turn torch into fire. It's closest I can think that would recreate the effect to a possible level.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Can devs confirm If whenever this is possible or not.
To spawn in "light", yes it is "possible" but not in a simple and lag-free manner. I've seen it done with some plugins, but from what I know it is VERY laggy, VERY glitchy and VERY tedious for the coder. Take a look at this.

As you can see, it flickers a lot when it's near other light. It's very buggy, and in general it's not really something that can be done in a nice manner.

So... take what you will from it. I personally love the suggestion ;) But from a coding point of view, it'd be very hard to implement it without changing up the idea a bit. Maybe night vision instead? idk.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Applying night vision wouldn't because of a few reasons. If impossible to do it the most lag free - let's just leave this ability as it is rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.