• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Illumination Redone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCheung12

Verified Member
I was thinking that illumination could be redone in the sense of the way it works. I am completely satisfied with how it illuminates a dark area that you may be in, but I would like it to look more like it does from the show.
As it currently looks, a torch is following you as you activate the skill, but I was hoping that it can redone so the player could be holding fire particles in their hand, and the torch that follows would be invisible, still utilizing the illumination effect. Therefore, it would look more realistic while still giving light in whichever dark place that the player happens to be in.
Would this be able to work??

jedk1

I have seen a plugin that creates light with no blocks.
o_O
Edit: oh so it is possible with NMS, however im not sure how pk feels about using NMS, cos it means having to recode part of the plugin with every mc update.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
you cant make blocks invisible.
How does tremorsense work then? From what I know, tremorsense is only visible to the earthbender who owns it. While only giving light to that earthbender, I still understand that the glowstone is "invisible" to other players. Could be wrong. As I am going off of what's at the top of my head.

jedk1

How does tremorsense work then? From what I know, tremorsense is only visible to the earthbender who owns it. While only giving light to that earthbender, I still understand that the glowstone is "invisible" to other players. Could be wrong. As I am going off of what's at the top of my head.
I make fancy shiz. Not confusing shiz. Tremorsense is confusing shiz.

Kiam

Verified Member
Tremorsense changes the block in the data packet that goes to the player, allowing light to come off of a glowstone block that only you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.