• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Icespike - Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Water

Basic idea:
Rework icespike entirely. This move is completely ignored do to the more effective nature of iceblast. I have a few ideas to fix this. For starters, I'd love to see icespike used similar to @Carbogen 's "earthshard."

Players would look at a source, tap shift, and ice would pop up and hover near the player. Maybe even circle him/her. While this icespike is floating near the player he or she can tap shift on more ice to gather more and more. Until the max of 4 spikes is reached. After the bender is satisfied by how much ice is around their personal. They would target a direction and launch the ice with a punch. A single punch would release a single spike. The ice's behavior will not "auto-target" as it used to. Instead it will fly until it hits a person, wall, or reaches it's max range. Upon hitting a player it will deal a single heart of damage. This is .5 more than "Icebullet" which the move is rather similar to. (Pictures shall be below.)

An additional feature is left clicking a source. The current left click creates a legit icespike that pierces its targets and then disappears. I suggest that this icespike deal 2 hearts of damage as the default. "Why 2 hearts? It's such a big difference.." If a spike of ice came up and pierced your balls, do you think it's just gonna deal a single heart? In addition to dealing 2 hearts the spike would not disappear until the player left clicks the spike again.

Finally my last suggestion is to create a combo with icespike. Suggested by many players in the past few threads. Icespike will work as a temporary wall. Following this move recipe: Surge (punch) -> icespike (hold shift) icebenders will create a 3x3 wall (Pictures shall be below) that lasts until shift is released. This wall shall also be unbendable, like torrent/surge's ice domes.

Pictures:

How I pictured icespike initially. (Lel, not a fairy tail fan yet)

Icecombo while shift is being held.

Icespike in action

Last edited:

Sorin

Verified Member
SOUNDS AWESOME!

1.It would add more diversity to icespike

2.It would be cool if water got another combo

3.It would give icespike a use

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.