• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

IceRift

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Element: Water
Subelement: Ice
Type: Combo
Sequence: (shift + click (HOLD shift) surge > icewall (RELEASE shift) = Icerift
Damage: 2.5 (full moon could be 3)
Cooldown: 5 - 10 seconds
Duration: Whenever the IceRift hits something or it gets out of its 15 - 20 block range
Control: You can move your cursor around to change it's path like torrent
Height of IceRift: 3 blocks (full moon is 5 blocks)

(This Suggestion would technically branch off of @NickC1211 's Idea)

So, essentially before you even read this, you'll think "oh this is just some EarthRift copy but; hey I mean, just like EarthRift, IceRift is cannon too when Tonraq fights the Northerners and controls a wall of ice to curve around and hit other people and freeze (NOTE) Since further into the post I will be talking about how it can travel on land with a shorter range; When the move is on water it will travel around 20 blocks but if you decide to make the icerift shoot out on dry land, it will travel for about 10 - 15 block range.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5uOvJic3OAhXB2R4KHbD7BDYQjRwIBw&url=http://gifsoup.com/view/5050484/tonraq-bender.html&bvm=bv.129759880,d.dmo&psig=AFQjCNE_nKwYd70gHflIywb383EItntsvg&ust=1471682140992388

EDIT** Due to the comment below giving me some more ideas and constructive criticism I'm doing a little tweak.

The move would work more efficiently on water, snow, or ice wherever you're standing; but it would be able to travel off of the source block on dry land for a 15 block range. Once you commence the combo, ice would shoot out from your (right side) and start off growing to form an angle once it starts and then it grows into that "rift" or wall that you would expect (Check the GIF) and once it leaves you from 4 blocks away, you'll be able to control the move with your cursor and either control it to encircle yourself to become a circular ice wall to quickly block something, or you can weave IceRift around and make it hit another player/mob and leave them frozen in the wall in a 3 x 3 block of packed ice.

Since the move essentially will gain its "shattering" aspects of icewall, the wall would stay as a semi permanent wall for roughly 8 seconds until it shatters into nothing just like waterflow when it shatters but it would deal damage to those who are too close to it; this chatting wall would be useful as much as icewall would be except you can weave it to encircle yourself and once it shatters it will damage mobs around you.

@SamuraiSnowman

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah suggested, but aside from that fact, I'm gonna give my input on this:
It would be a nice ability (and I do MEAN an ability), along with the attribute on freezing people right off a ghetto. What I mean is, If I could freeze someone, who is standing on something bendable, without needing to launch an projectile/wave as the case with torrent and surge, that would make it great for me, because the freeze will be unpredictable and quick for the enemy. While your post didn't mention this feature, I do think it is needed and it fits to this ability, since waterbending is lacking of bending the water ice and snow alone when they should not be disconnected from its blocks.

Water version is irrelevant, because icebending and waterbending is much alike different from each other. Including a water creeper, because I never seen water being bended like that. I suggest water creeper should either from in front of users sight in a straight position or form like a shield (oh wait, nvm we have surge for that)

Btw IceWall is an custom ability, by JedCore. I dislike that thing, because shattering effect is soo uncanon. If that effect stays, then I would wish that they atleast change it's occurence to 46%, instead of giving it "always" probabillity.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Yeah suggested, but aside from that fact, I'm gonna give my input on this:
It would be a nice ability (and I do MEAN an ability), along with the attribute on freezing people right off a ghetto. What I mean is, If I could freeze someone, who is standing on something bendable, without needing to launch an projectile/wave as the case with torrent and surge, that would make it great for me, because the freeze will be unpredictable and quick for the enemy. While your post didn't mention this feature, I do think it is needed and it fits to this ability, since waterbending is lacking of bending the water ice and snow alone when they should not be disconnected from its blocks.

Water version is irrelevant, because icebending and waterbending is much alike different from each other. Including a water creeper, because I never seen water being bended like that. I suggest water creeper should either from in front of users sight in a straight position or form like a shield (oh wait, nvm we have surge for that)

Btw IceWall is an custom ability, by JedCore. I dislike that thing, because shattering effect is soo uncanon. If that effect stays, then I would wish that they atleast change it's occurence to 46%, instead of giving it "always" probabillity.
I liked your criticism so I changed the move suggestion according to some of your likes and dislikes (likes being freezing people; dislike being that it shatters and does minimal damage)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I hate the shattering aspect, but I can't change your mind about it because it is just preference. It just doesn't sound waterbend-ish (or should I say ice...*), but that's just my opinion. I might probably will like it if it happens when the rift gets destroyed by an attack but not with waterbending.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would like to mention that Tonraq's Ice rift only worked because the whole area was surrounded by snow that is over 3 inches thick. That rift would be nearly impossible to create in an earthen territory with just water.

Status
Not open for further replies.