• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Iceline

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Water

Ability name:
Iceline

Basic idea:
Similar to earthline waterbenders can stand on snow or ice and use a source (i.e. snow, or ice.) and launch a snake of water/ice towards a player. If it successfully hits a a target the victim would be hit with a spike of ice.

How to preform:
Exactly the same as earthline. If you are not familiar with earthline refer to this:
Shift to select a source (Earthbendable blocks) -> face a direction -> punch with the same slot
Iceline would be the same, except only ice or snow blocks.

Attack info:
<.> Damage: 2 - 4 full hearts. (Wow! Such high damage! This would balance out because it can only use ice/snow as a source. Which in turn can be easily removed.)
<.> Cooldown: Instant - 1s

Pros:
+ More unique move for water.
+ More possibilities for water combos.
+ Help stop the watermanipulation spam used everywhere.

Cons:
- "Copying" earthline
- Cannot use all waterbendable blocks. (i.e. cannot use grass, cannot use regular water)

Gif to help visualize:

Please post any possible pros & cons that can be added as feedback.

David

Verified Member
I do like this idea but that is a gif of torrent.

When I think of Ice Line, I think of Ming Hua vs Eska and Desna. The latter raised a line of ice in front of them as an attack at Ming Hua.

I also think of Katara vs Zuko, during the full moon. "Ready for a rematch?" Zuko says. "Oh, trust me Zuko," Katara replies, "it won't be much of a rematch." She then shoots a line of snow which lifts Zuko up and down.

David

Verified Member
Also I think that the damage is a bit exaggerated, even if it has low sources. I think it should do the same damage as Earth Line, and slightly knock them back while lifting them upwards giving them EXTREMELY small fall damage.

Moonelight

Verified Member
It should only be able to be done on Ice. I don't really like the idea of reusing moves, and sense Water gets the most attention within the plugin I would say my opinion on whether this move should get added or not is no. It isn't used in the show, and the idea was basically a copy.
Basic idea:
Similar to earthline waterbenders can stand on snow or ice and use a source (i.e. snow, or ice.) and launch a snake of water/ice towards a player. If it successfully hits a a target the victim would be hit with a spike of ice.
Basic idea:
Basic idea:
I thought it was called Iceline.

I think the idea is an okay concept, but I really do not support copied moves. And in a way it is to similar to Torrent. Sorry, but maybe you can tell me if anything I said was wrong?

:)
I really like the idea but I think it should be a combo
nah

David

Verified Member
It should only be able to be done on Ice. I don't really like the idea of reusing moves, and sense Water gets the most attention within the plugin I would say my opinion on whether this move should get added or not is no. It isn't used in the show, and the idea was basically a copy.

I think the idea is an okay concept, but I really do not support copied moves. And in a way it is to similar to Torrent. Sorry, but maybe you can tell me if anything I said was wrong?

nah
Water does not get the most attention, that is debatable. Earth so far has the most add-on moves.

Also, it is similar to earth because it is similar to earth in the show. Ice bending is much similar to earth bending, just with Ice. Lava bending is very similar to water bending, just with lava. It is not uncommon for the elements to hold traits very similar to one another, in fact, when the elements exploit those traits, they become even stronger. Iroh said something along these lines when explaining lightning bending to Zuko.

I agree that this is similar to torrent, the gif, atleast. The actual move I think varies incredibly with Torrent. I think the gif was poorly used and it doesn't really show what this move really could be.

Also, this move is used in the show. A lot, actually. But it doesn't have to be in the show for it to be added to this plugin.

Finally, this move is never used on pure ice in the show, it is used on snow. I don't think the user should have to be standing on ice/snow, but I do think that this could only be source from Ice/Snow, and have an extremely small source reach.

I disagree, I think this would be better off being an addon to another move, like Ice Spike. In my opinion, Ice Spike is hardly used as it is pretty useless compared to Ice Blast, which is pretty much the same, just a lot stronger. I think Ice Spike should be completely reworked and involve Ice Line.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Yes I debated about whether to use the gif. As it does look a lot like torrent. However the gif is there to help visualize not be exactly correct. Replace the water traveling along the ground with an imagae of ice and you have basically what I was going for.

Water does not get the most attention, that is debatable. Earth so far has the most add-on moves.

Also, it is similar to earth because it is similar to earth in the show. Ice bending is much similar to earth bending, just with Ice. Lava bending is very similar to water bending, just with lava. It is not uncommon for the elements to hold traits very similar to one another, in fact, when the elements exploit those traits, they become even stronger. Iroh said something along these lines when explaining lightning bending to Zuko.

I agree that this is similar to torrent, the gif, atleast. The actual move I think varies incredibly with Torrent. I think the gif was poorly used and it doesn't really show what this move really could be.

Also, this move is used in the show. A lot, actually. But it doesn't have to be in the show for it to be added to this plugin.

Finally, this move is never used on pure ice in the show, it is used on snow. I don't think the user should have to be standing on ice/snow, but I do think that this could only be source from Ice/Snow, and have an extremely small source reach.

I disagree, I think this would be better off being an addon to another move, like Ice Spike. In my opinion, Ice Spike is hardly used as it is pretty useless compared to Ice Blast, which is pretty much the same, just a lot stronger. I think Ice Spike should be completely reworked and involve Ice Line.
Although I agree with you on most parts including the poor use of the gif. My intent of the move was for it be somewhat powerful. What better way to balance this powerful move with certain limitations? i.e. only work on snow. Similar to how lavaflow is limited to only earthbendable blocks.

nah
The name "Iceline" is refering to how it will spike up and pierce enemies after being preformed. Again I agree with David on your statement about water receiving the most attention. If you were to type "/b d e" on any server you would see that huge list of moves that water cannot compare to.

I agree with you whole heartily. However if we to use it as a combo it may reduce amount of even more interesting combos that require the use of iceline in the future.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Once more I apologize for the misleading gif. It was only to help visualize. I also could not find a better gif to help demonstrate my idea.

Moonelight

Verified Member
By most attention, I meant most suggestions. Never mind..

Lava bending might be more fluid, but it's fighting style is a lot different. I don't care about any other moves right now, because I'm talking about comparing this move to earthline. Nothing else. If you want to change the subject on this thread to whether or not earth is having moves copied by water, fine by me. I'm not going to talk anymore on this thread, I don't care for your opinions on my opinions. I'm tired and sad and don't need you to "attack" me.

I put my opinion out and you can't change that. (exhausted when typing this so it might sound childish/inappropriate)

/unwatch

EndersShadows

Verified Member
By most attention, I meant most suggestions. Never mind..

Lava bending might be more fluid, but it's fighting style is a lot different. I don't care about any other moves right now, because I'm talking about comparing this move to earthline. Nothing else. If you want to change the subject on this thread to whether or not earth is having moves copied by water, fine by me. I'm not going to talk anymore on this thread, I don't care for your opinions on my opinions. I'm tired and sad and don't need you to "attack" me.

I put my opinion out and you can't change that. (exhausted when typing this so it might sound childish/inappropriate)

/unwatch
Never at any point was I trying to change your opinion. I was only stating my opinion, about your opinion. Now I was only using lava bending, lavaflow to be specific, as a example. No need to react so strangely.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
I'd just like to add my opinion. If this was a combo it should go something like this...
  1. IceSpike
  2. (Shift)
  3. IceBlast
  4. (Punch)
  5. IceSpike
  6. (Shift)
  7. IceBlast
  8. (Right click water source)
  9. (Punch towards enemy)
A More suitable gif would be these 2...

Although in retrospect this is done by two waterbenders so it wouldnt be this deadly, the ice spikes are very large and are created in a moving line.

Status
Not open for further replies.