• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied IceBlade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaye

Verified Member
I am a big fan of earth, however, I did like water a little so I learned it, I became very good at it in two days. Now I was thinking about a new water move that I had seen Katara use on the show. Here it is.

PS. It isn't easy to work with flowing water, so the blue glass represents the water in the demonstration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: IceBlade
Element: Water
Damage: 4 damage (2 Hearts)
SelectionRange: 6 blocks
ShootingRange: 15 blocks
ChargeTime: None
CoolDown: 15000 (1.5 seconds)
Knockback: 1.5
Description: An move used to protect yourself, slice and whip an enemy. Left click on a source block or plant, then hold shift and a curved blade of ice will stay float in front of you. While holding shift left-click to change the ice into water, and whip your target with it, or you can just release shift and the blade will stay at ice and shoot at your opponent.
Uses: Defensive protection, and an offensive whip

How it looks on the show:
https://imgflip.com/gif/gteo1

Minecraft Demonstration:
https://imgflip.com/gif/gtfqh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you,
AgentIHD

Last edited:

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I'm in favor of this idea. Although seeing it as combo seems more logical, but it could work as a better recipe move for more combos.

paliate

Verified Member
A move to protect the bender? So your basically asking for surge but with the choice for it to be re-usable (and with damage).
I feel like with all of the suggestions for reusable water moves that it would have been done, with that being said i do not see that thin whip blocking airswipe, torrent, fireblast, earthblast, It's so thin that almost anything can get over or under it.

I feel like it's one of those moves that seem like a great idea but don't have enough uses or needs to make it to core.

Jaye

Verified Member
Doesn't exactly have to be for protection, but it could be another offensive move for waterbenders that can easily be used.

owlcool

Verified Member
This does feel like a clone of airswipe,
(I do hope I did not open up a whole new can of worms)

Sorin

Verified Member
This does feel like a clone of airswipe,
(I do hope I did not open up a whole new can of worms)
HOW, HOW *talking fast and angrily* HOW could this possibly be a copy of air swipe when it is a water move for 1, And for 2 it turns into ice i honestly don't know what is up with you people and thinking that a move shares similarity to another move so it obviously has to be a clone or copy, but this has no similarity to airswipe in anyway, That is like saying air blast and fire blast are the same thing completely different particles and one makes people fly the other does straight up damage, so please, please tell me how in the hell you think its a copy of air swipe. like all kinds of move suggestions i'm seeing are really cool but they get denied because the share 1 similarity to one other move and i honestly hate it like somehow they are a exact copy when they share a trait. Why not get rid of watermanipulation its a copy of torrent (is not serious). but like seriously come on dude this is a really cool and original move and you have the mindset to call it a COPY?!?!?!?! like seriously i can't explain how frustrated I am with you. I have seen so many cool moves get denied i'm honestly losing hope on suggestions. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

owlcool

Verified Member
HOW, HOW *talking fast and angrily* HOW could this possibly be a copy of air swipe when it is a water move for 1, And for 2 it turns into ice i honestly don't know what is up with you people and thinking that a move shares similarity to another move so it obviously has to be a clone or copy, but this has no similarity to airswipe in anyway, That is like saying air blast and fire blast are the same thing completely different particles and one makes people fly the other does straight up damage, so please, please tell me how in the hell you think its a copy of air swipe. like all kinds of move suggestions i'm seeing are really cool but they get denied because the share 1 similarity to one other move and i honestly hate it like somehow they are a exact copy when they share a trait. Why not get rid of watermanipulation its a copy of torrent (is not serious). but like seriously come on dude this is a really cool and original move and you have the mindset to call it a COPY?!?!?!?! like seriously i can't explain how frustrated I am with you. I have seen so many cool moves get denied i'm honestly losing hope on suggestions. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Sorry for opening that can of worms, xD xD but anyways,this can be represented easily by making watermanipulation reflect arrows, etc. It would be a even more obvious clone if it shared the same particles as airswipe, xD xD xD They both do damage, they can both shield against things like arrows, they both have small amounts of range, and they are both about the same width... maaaaybe they might be considered clones, xD xD xD Similar cooldowns, similar knockback,

owlcool

Verified Member
Sorry for opening that can of worms, xD xD but anyways,this can be represented easily by making watermanipulation reflect arrows, etc. It would be a even more obvious clone if it shared the same particles as airswipe, xD xD xD They both do damage, they can both shield against things like arrows, they both have small amounts of range, and they are both about the same width... maaaaybe they might be considered clones, xD xD xD Similar cooldowns, similar knockback,
okey, so the range is farther, meh. xD

Kiam

Verified Member
I dont think this move is necessary. However (as you probably know) I am very in support of the idea of reusable water. This move would be made obsolete pretty soon as soon as those changes are made (if they are). Also, I think that this move in the core would unbalance things a bit, we need to take all the elements into consideration before we give water a move that defends and attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.