• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ice Spout

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Water

Basic Info:
Create a tower of ice that in unbreakable. However, unmovable as well.

Combo idea:
Waterspout (Shift) -> Waterspout (shift) -> Phasechange (punch)

Additional ideas:
+ Have a configurable time of how long the ice will last.
+ Have a configurable height at which Ice Spout can be created
+ Have a configurable amount of "Damage" the Spout can absorb before returning back to water

Pros:
+ Allows waterbenders to have a strong height advantage.
+ Adds an interesting combo to "Spouting," a waterbending style of 1v1.
+ Adds on to the ice sub element of water.

Cons:
- Unmovable
- Could prove too powerful in "Spouting,"

Picture to help visualize:

Subtract the movement, and you have a good clear picture of it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like this idea, but I have a few suggestions-
--Only able to be used in water or on ice.
--Is thicker than waterspout (An addition sign tower [ + ])
--The user cannot bend the ice to use moves
--The default height is low
--Should have some movement, but is very slow.
I will create this in a creative world on minecraft if you would like Ender. (I am going to make it anyways)

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I like this idea, but I have a few suggestions-
--Only able to be used in water or on ice.
--Is thicker than waterspout (An addition sign tower [ + ])
--The user cannot bend the ice to use moves
--The default height is low
--Should have some movement, but is very slow.
I will create this in a creative world on minecraft if you would like Ender. (I am going to make it anyways)
Why wouldnt the waterbenders be able to use ice? It stills a water source. I love the idea of making it thicker :D

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Why wouldnt the waterbenders be able to use ice? It stills a water source. I love the idea of making it thicker :D
Allowing waterbenders to use it as a source would completely defeat the purpose of the ice spout. You would make your spout solid and hard so that nobody can break your spout. When you make a normal waterspout you are trying to escape the water that is beneath you. So if making your spout solid allows your enemy to attack from this new height, then you're screwed.

6tijn

Verified Member
Could players icespike on the ice?

I think this might add somehting new interesting to spoufighting. Now... You either brake your oppenent's spout to get him down to attack him with watermanip or you swim away far enough to use torrent.

Kiam

Verified Member
I think that this would prove to be a bit overpowered in bending battles. And it has no use in regular survival.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Not really. Could have some new ones.. Ex. If you are fighting mobs at night, you could should icespikes from your icespout.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
This move focuses entirely on the fighting aspect. It creates more tactics and strategy in spout fights and whatnot.

As for survival, why not we just remove torrent, and iceblast then? They clearly have no use in survival as long as surge and watermanipulation exist.

Kiam

Verified Member
This move focuses entirely on the fighting aspect. It creates more tactics and strategy in spout fights and whatnot.

As for survival, why not we just remove torrent, and iceblast then? They clearly have no use in survival as long as surge and watermanipulation exist.
Torrent and iceblast are unique moves that have their own purpose. As it stands, icespout doesnt seem necessary. It is a good idea, but it isnt needed enough to be necessary for the core plugin.