• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ice Armour: Crystallization

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Element: Water
Sub-Element: Ice
Type of Move: Defensive (or offensive READ ON)

I propose that we create the idea of having ice surround the body of the player as two blocks of Ice/PackedIce. With having ice surround the players body comes with slowness since it would be very hard to move in ice that would constantly be reforming as an icy sheath over the player's body. Now the reason why this would not be op is because simply, the player would be given the slowness effect; however I would also like to add the idea of having Ice Claws be implemented with the move, allowing the player to shoot out 5 ice shards that can be slightly controlled and manipulated when it's being shot out. This move isn't actually cannon to the show but.. EH.

So what I ask is that the armour gives slowness while two blocks of ice (packed or normal) takes the place of the player encasing them in two blocks of ice that allows us to shoot 5 claws from IceClaws

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Hm... I do not think that it should give slowness. An earth bender is able to have rocky or metal armor and not have slowness but when it's ice they get slowness? I don't think that makes sense. I think, instead, it would be white leather armor. It would give the same perks that plant armor would give + the ice shards you are able to shoot with it. I think it would be a neutral move, including both a passive, defense, and offense. I see no reason why it would not be possible in the Avatar universe. Aang was able to take crystal from the catacombs under Ba Sing Se and turn them into armor which he used against Azula. Of course, his armor had very little durability. So I further propose that this armor not have a timer but rather have a very weak durability, if it is even possible. So that the player can shoot the ice from their little hands all they want, but every time they get hit 1/5 or 1/4 of the durability is taken from every piece of the armor. And if they take fall damage, 1/3 (random number) of the durability from the boots is taken. Remember this is ice and ice is very fragile. Especially when not in a cold climate. ALSO! Almost forgot... But shooting an ice shard would be taking ice from the armor. So everytime you shoot an ice shard it takes 1/5 durability (or less depending on the shard size) from a random part of the armor.

Anyways.... This is what I think it should be like if this get's considered. I think it could have definitely been apart of the show, there is no reason why it couldn't have if Aang used crystals (Maybe the same candy crystal that was seen in Omashu?)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This was denied for a reason (which you should have search tthis thread before posting) and I'll give my own reason what's wrong with this move. First of all, If you happen to play in the latest beta, you'll see there is a new ability for plantbending subelement - plantarmor. With it, you get same protection without any distavantages. The Same iceclaw idea (I personally would prefer icespike/watermanipulation) could be given to plantarmor, because why not? Therefor I suggest that this move is unnecessary addition to add to waterbending.

Second of all, covering the players with 2 blocks encasing his body, would just look like someone froze them, and to my understanding of physics how the heck would be able to move it? While you could point out an argument that they can simple bend it, but I can tell that icebending doesn't work like that. It isn't all that stubborn as earthbending, because whenever I saw icebening techniques in action, they went "move and strike", not "hold to it and channel it all the way". The user would only use their plantbending in one direction/trajectory, but even with that it would give a huge mobility technique to the bending art itself.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I agree that the ice block as the armor would not be a pleasing thing to do. So I proposed to do it with white leather armor. And since you did bring up the plant armor, I would like to also suggest that this is created as an extension to plant armor rather than a move in it's self. The move would be renamed to Water Armor (or something of the source) and it can be used on leave, or grasses, snow and ices. This would create a large variety to the move. I think ice bending is a lot like earthbending in waterbending form. They were able to create walls of ice and such, just like earth can. The swamp tribe of water benders used vines to create an completely mobile monster out of them. So why could ice not be used as an armor? Crystal and ice act very similar, depending on the crystal, where both are fragile. The only difference is that one melts. I think ice is just solid water, which it is, so the bender would have complete opportunity to bend it and manipulate it at will. If they can do it to plants, which is a harder technique, and still bend while using plant armor, why can they not do it to ice was well?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree that the ice block as the armor would not be a pleasing thing to do. So I proposed to do it with white leather armor.
To be honest, that armor would just look like it is formed out of meth or just plain of snow (not a sensible material to use for ones protection)
WaterCloak is canon, so instead of ice add waterarmor subability. With it, the user must only stay in place and would serve a good defense while doing other waterarmsy tasks.
So why could ice not be used as an armor?
Because it isn't reasonable thing to do. By it's weight/mase/density/or whatever you are slowed down by that and you are pretty much cramped in it. Btw, wouldn't ice injure the bender that is inside it once it gets shattered?

While icebending has some similaries to earth, since they bend solid stuff and create a few identical sources, icebending attacks were quick and unpreditable in a speed sense. Icebenders always began by bending the water first, sending it as a shaped blast, than turned into ice. I have never seen them moving the ice around in air telekinesis fashion, so I can conclude that icebending is mixture of firebending (for quick attacks) and waterbending (still retains some kind of fluidity). I'm basing this facs and examples from the tv shows and comics of the series, not from the plugin.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
We see people being ice rather than water into ice several times. Tonraq, Korra's father, used it quite often. Displaying his main ability for water would be ice rather than traditional waterbending. Ice would be no heavier than rocky or metal armor as well.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Hm... I do not think that it should give slowness. An earth bender is able to have rocky or metal armor and not have slowness but when it's ice they get slowness? I don't think that makes sense. I think, instead, it would be white leather armor. It would give the same perks that plant armor would give + the ice shards you are able to shoot with it. I think it would be a neutral move, including both a passive, defense, and offense. I see no reason why it would not be possible in the Avatar universe. Aang was able to take crystal from the catacombs under Ba Sing Se and turn them into armor which he used against Azula. Of course, his armor had very little durability. So I further propose that this armor not have a timer but rather have a very weak durability, if it is even possible. So that the player can shoot the ice from their little hands all they want, but every time they get hit 1/5 or 1/4 of the durability is taken from every piece of the armor. And if they take fall damage, 1/3 (random number) of the durability from the boots is taken. Remember this is ice and ice is very fragile. Especially when not in a cold climate. ALSO! Almost forgot... But shooting an ice shard would be taking ice from the armor. So everytime you shoot an ice shard it takes 1/5 durability (or less depending on the shard size) from a random part of the armor.

Anyways.... This is what I think it should be like if this get's considered. I think it could have definitely been apart of the show, there is no reason why it couldn't have if Aang used crystals (Maybe the same candy crystal that was seen in Omashu?)
The formation of ice constantly is forming at the players joints where they have to break the ice constantly as they move

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
This was denied for a reason (which you should have search tthis thread before posting) and I'll give my own reason what's wrong with this move. First of all, If you happen to play in the latest beta, you'll see there is a new ability for plantbending subelement - plantarmor. With it, you get same protection without any distavantages. The Same iceclaw idea (I personally would prefer icespike/watermanipulation) could be given to plantarmor, because why not? Therefor I suggest that this move is unnecessary addition to add to waterbending.

Second of all, covering the players with 2 blocks encasing his body, would just look like someone froze them, and to my understanding of physics how the heck would be able to move it? While you could point out an argument that they can simple bend it, but I can tell that icebending doesn't work like that. It isn't all that stubborn as earthbending, because whenever I saw icebening techniques in action, they went "move and strike", not "hold to it and channel it all the way". The user would only use their plantbending in one direction/trajectory, but even with that it would give a huge mobility technique to the bending art itself.
No need for the smart replies, and having two ice blocks would be like having two entities on you I.E. Earth shard

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No need to post a suggestion twice and having those blocks as entities isn't the point. It would not be aesthetically pleasing to my eye and in reality you wouldn't be able to move foward when you're inside a icecube. Especally when your eyes are covered by it.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
No need to post a suggestion twice and having those blocks as entities isn't the point. It would not be aesthetically pleasing to my eye and in reality you wouldn't be able to move foward when you're inside a icecube. Especally when your eyes are covered by it.
Ok so literally I'm really done with you because though out this whole suggestion page that everyone posts on, you're always the little grinch who lurks around every post and trying to ruin people's ideas kindly sit down if you don't understand a word I say.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I ruin the post because I told them to be attentive if the thread isn't repeative? Oh excuse me, I'll let you continue on spaming the forum with same but millions of them. :rolleyes:

Oh a serioes note, if you don't know how to make a proper suggestion, I recommend you to (re-)read "How to make a
Suggestion" thread that has the red labeled 'Important'. It is found in the Core's Suggestion section. It even mentions the rule to check if the thread already exists through search box. Don't slash on me If you don't know how to make a suggestion!

I'm trying to ruin everyone's idea with constructive critism? Oh sorry of me, I didn't know this forum is based off "critism-free" comemmts. I'll be sure posting all my replies with complaints on how everyone of them is great and for the constributing in this forum. :p;)

I do understand what you're saying, but what do want me to do? I gave you my input on the things you said.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I ruin the post because I told them to be attentive if the thread isn't repeative? Oh excuse me, I'll let you continue on spaming the forum with same but millions of them. :rolleyes:

Oh a serioes note, if you don't know how to make a proper suggestion, I recommend you to (re-)read "How to make a
Suggestion" thread that has the red labeled 'Important'. It is found in the Core's Suggestion section. It even mentions the rule to check if the thread already exists through search box. Don't slash on me If you don't know how to make a suggestion!

I'm trying to ruin everyone's idea with constructive critism? Oh sorry of me, I didn't know this forum is based off "critism-free" comemmts. I'll be sure posting all my replies with complaints on how everyone of them is great and for the constributing in this forum. :p;)

I do understand what you're saying, but what do want me to do? I gave you my input on the things you said.
Oh sorry for not going through the whole forums and not reading all 60 something pages like you do! I guess I just don't have the time :/// unlike you

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You don't have to. Just learn how to use the search box and look throught the threads that matches the results that you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.