• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

HeatControl: Stick > Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I had this idea for my plugin that I'm planning to make (I still can't code, ya know? :'p) to pyrokinetics/firestarters. Well Im gonna share this to you guys. Basically, this idea is all about...

You hold/place a stick or a stack of it in a slot where heatcontrol is bound to. You then right click with that ability selected. A few fireparticles infront of you (he user) will appear in a tick. The Sticks you are holding in the slot will turn into torches. Simple, right? This can also be used in reverse - turning torches into sticks, however they must not be used before doing that (aka. placed onto the blocks). That's all I have to say. Uhuh?! Bye?!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
hmmm.. very realistic and I like it! If people start saying, "no too op" "free torches are unfair". Well, heat control can already cook food so why not add on to that.
Plus firebenders already have free personal lighting with illumination. I don't see why firebenders wouldn't be able to light a torch (and for anyone who says that firebenders can't have a torch last forever, normal MC torches last forever, so that logic really doesn't apply in this game)

promancer

Verified Member
I had this idea for my plugin that I'm planning to make (I still can't code, ya know? :'p) to pyrokinetics/firestarters. Well Im gonna share this to you guys. Basically, this idea is all about...

You hold/place a stick or a stack of it in a slot where heatcontrol is bound to. You then right click with that ability selected. A few fireparticles infront of you (he user) will appear in a tick. The Sticks you are holding in the slot will turn into torches. Simple, right? This can also be used in reverse - turning torches into sticks, however they must not be used before doing that (aka. placed onto the blocks). That's all I have to say. Uhuh?! Bye?!
3 words...
Utility. For. Fire. Instant like.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Me too.
~~~~
3 words...
Utility. For. Fire. Instant like.
4*
~~~~
hmmm.. very realistic and I like it! If people start saying, "no too op" "free torches are unfair". Well, heat control can already cook food so why not add on to that.
Plus firebenders already have free personal lighting with illumination. I don't see why firebenders wouldn't be able to light a torch (and for anyone who says that firebenders can't have a torch last forever, normal MC torches last forever, so that logic really doesn't apply in this game)
Yep

HydroMan

Verified Member
but why do you need to place torches down when you have illumination
Well, first I'll give you my question you "why they should not?" They are holding a stick in their hands, which they could out fire right out of their fingers, then to the stick that they are toucing. So shouldn't they have a capability to light it up? By answering your question, I'll give you a short reply: "That's the reason illumination is for". With out, you will still have many to create light as a firebender, with the use of fire. Fire generates a light, so I can say by your argument even illumination&craftedtorches arent needed for a firebender. Why do I want this alternative for heat control? To add a diffrent method of using firebender to get light and a usefull one that allows you to create torch in hand for later use and to place an permenantly lasting light sources, without needing to stay in place where you wanna keep light.

promancer

Verified Member
Just saying, in a game where logic doesn't matter, arguing is useless and every suggestion is plausible and possible.

HydroMan

Verified Member
When you say "<...> for now", I feel like I should expect for this to come sooner (probably in beta), or you/they gonna change this prefix into denied .-. .

Status
Not open for further replies.