• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

HeatControl aesthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
(Hope I got the title right xD)

So hi,

I was thinking that heat control could use some more aesthetics changes.

When using HeatControl, white coloured redstone would move towards your hand. This would be a continuous stream of particles coming from all blocks. After 1 or 2 seconds, you can left click to release the heat, creating a continuous stream of 'heat' from your right hand (See-through spell particles and white redstone particles). The heat could cause nausea, but that's not really needed IMO. This could be for either just aesthetics (which is just as important as everything else IMO), or to confuse opponents.

That's it, thanks for reading!

- Finn

Hero

Verified Member

So hi,

When using HeatControl, white coloured redstone would move towards your hand. This would be a continuous stream of particles coming from all blocks. After 1 or 2 seconds, you can left click to release the heat, creating a continuous stream of 'heat' from your right hand (See-through spell particles and white redstone particles). The heat could cause nausea, but that's not really needed IMO. This could be for either just aesthetics (which is just as important as everything else IMO), or to confuse opponents.

- Finn
I prefer black smoke, makes more sense. Its not the heat that causes nausea, its the smoke. Nausea isnt needed because you are not breathing in anything. In the show, smoke wwas there to represent what he was doimg.

Pamda Support.

Zafkiel

Verified Member

So hi,

- Finn
This could be a complement for my Heatcontrol aesthetics changes thread xD http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/fire-aesthetic-changes-to-heatcontrol.3248/

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Doesn't look like white redstone either.
Looks like see through, that's why I suggested the see through spell particle, as well as a small white particle, instead of the big cloud particle.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It was a volcano. Why doesn't it look like smoke...?
Because this is the world of Avatar, and people can shoot electricity out of their fingers, and throw giant statues at flying white bison...
Either way, I find your suggestion a bit interesting nonetheless, Finn. While you're also adding aesthetic changes, I feel you're also changing heatcontrol's function on lava with the sneak and left click thing. I don't have a problem with that, but I should hope that if you're changing the way how heatcontrol works that it'll be more rewarding, because currently, I have to spam sneak on lava if I want to make a path of stone across the nether.

Status
Not open for further replies.