• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Greater Variety of Moves & the Increased Implementation of Resources

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Hello,

Today I'm going to explain why there should be a greater variety in moves on Project Korra. >>> This may be a little messy so excuse me for any miss-information. <<<

*In no way am I forcing the staff to implement the moves and resources I have used as examples. They decide on what they think is fair.

I have seen how certain suggestions have been denied either because they are not canon, they are similar to another move or they have not been explain well or emphasized on well or they are creating a completely new sub element or class for a non-bender. This displays how we are limited in what we can do on Project Korra. We have many several developers that create moves that may not have been seen in the show, very impressive when it comes to looks, and have moves that some benders find supremely useful in bending. For example, I use Earth Ride by @Finn_Bueno_ as one of my main moves and there are other people that use resource moves maybe more than core moves. Let me emphasize on this topic a little more so you understand the main idea of what I am suggesting.

A variety of moves is what makes benders feel like they can do anything—similar to the show. On bending servers where it is comprised of a bunch of moves, players get that feel that they are unlimited to what all they are capable of. This is only achievable with Resources; however, it is hard to even get as much resources you can when they are all over the place, and then if you get 1 resource that is not compatible with the Project Korra version, you are most likely get lost and confused especially if you installed a ton of moves at once it usually ends us in the owner deleting all the moves and manually reinstalling—this is prevented if you know which ones are outdated. This is one reason why more moves shall be implemented.

Good suggestions seem to have been "evaded" or forgotten. We have people posting suggestions constantly everyday hoping that it gets accepted. Usually they end up in the case where as their suggestion gets denied due to being already suggested, not canon and/or practical, similar to another move or simply not suggested well. So this is the case here: suggestions might become denied for all but the right reasons (or is it wrong reasons?... you get it), before I begin to start sounding like a hypocrite, I was a person that wouldn't like suggestions that were not "canon", that lead me into a small stupid argument, blah blah blah and I wont go there right now. Then I saw a post by @Hero , if I am not mistaken, who said that canon limits creativeness which changed my insight on a lot.

1. Something that was suggested already should not be a problem unless it implies the same thing that was previously said. There are suggestion that have been suggested multiple times, these are constantly getting denied, ignored or forgotten. I understand if it's not possible, I respect the limits; however, if it is possible and it is a really good suggestions like EarthSpike, IceSmash, FireArms [and more] then why not at least take suggestions like these into consideration.
  2. Creativeness is limited due to a suggestion not being canon. Smokebending, Classes and moves that may have not even been seen on the show are things from the creative mind. Should everything have to be like what it is on the show or can we not try making moves in our imaginative heads. Even resource authors create moves that may not have been seen on the show [ex. LavaLine by @Simplicitee ], because they want their users have something new.
  3. Suggestions that are similar to core moves decrease variety. I saw a suggestion that was denied for a very silly reason in my point of view, and their suggestion, SandSpike, was denied due to having the same ability done with RaiseEarth... I can preach about this one all day, nevertheless, I must proceed. IceWall is a good example by the resource author @jedk1, although you can already make an IceWall with surge, with Icewall, its good for those who get confused with Surge's shift and clicking.
  4. Way too many suggestions have been left at "Looking Into". There are very good suggestions that aren't always accepted or denied, they are frozen at Looking Into, this is a problem, this shows lack of closure. I saw a suggestion that was left at Looking Into for a long while, then when the 1.7.0 update (I think) came out, it was accepted, never once was it labeled Pending Review or In Development. This problem also happens in the Forums for the side-plugins—RPG, Items, etc.
We should think about how the look moves and preforms equally. Some moves just look boring and need this little pop in it to make it look nice, even the "clash" particles [the 'break' or 'fade out' animation when two moves clash, eg. Earthblast vs. Earthblast]. When moves look attractive, it crawls the people in, also, if it works perfectly, you basically have a "must have" move. Resource authors try to make their moves look realistic even if they are limited in what they are able to do in Minecraft.

Resource moves should be implemented more often. We took Water Arms, very complex, however very elegant. Why aren't we taking in moves that are very useful and moves we can benefit from. Not all server owners have the time to update Project Korra and the resources, some are very busy, don't have an Operator to do it for them or are just plain lazy. We have some very brilliant authors with brilliant resources, [@Finn_Bueno_, @AlexTheCoder, @Simplicitee, and more], they have created famous resources like BendingBoard, EarthGlove, AirSurf, FreeRunning, all of these moves are a must have to a bunch of people.

In conclusion:

Implementing useful resources and accepting suggestions that are good even if not suggested well should be put more into consideration, this was my purpose of this suggestion, to influence this plugin into something better. I am hoping that if this is accepted, Project Korra will be satisfiable by old and the new.

Thank you,
ApexHD_

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
This is true! Personally, its like staff only want moves from the show. The problem is most moves are similar to each other and that causes most of denies. Fire for example is one of the most hardest to suggest moves fire because all fire moves do damage and burn. The staff want something different but from the show, but most of the time, they dont really think about it and just deny from first glance.

LeafHD_

Verified Member

This is true! Personally, its like staff only want moves from the show. The problem is most moves are similar to each other and that causes most of denies. Fire for example is one of the most hardest to suggest moves fire because all fire moves do damage and burn. The staff want something different but from the show, but most of the time, they dont really think about it and just deny from first glance.
Fire is mostly hard to get accepted maybe because the Concept Designers think its too op already? I'm not sure what they talk about in the staff corner, its just what I think.

Sorin

Verified Member
Man this is the cold hard truth, honestly this "cannon" crap is on my nerves, like I could see how cannon could be a good thing for guidelines on elements/subselements but at this point it is just plain annoying seeing someone comment on the thread saying "it isn't cannon" and it being denied for that reason, not to much creativity anymore, :-/ saddening honestly.

Verified Member
Hello,

I saw a suggestion that was denied for a very silly reason in my point of view, and their suggestion, SandSpike, was denied due to having the same ability done with RaiseEarth... I can preach about this one all day, nevertheless, I must proceed. IceWall is a good example by the resource author @jedk1, although you can already make an IceWall with surge, with Icewall, its good for those who get confused with Surge's shift and clicking.

Thank you,
ApexHD_
Thank you I was the one who suggested sandspike. (Thanks again ;))

Verified Member
Man this is the cold hard truth, honestly this "cannon" crap is on my nerves, like I could see how cannon could be a good thing for guidelines on elements/subselements but at this point it is just plain annoying seeing someone comment on the thread saying "it isn't cannon" and it being denied for that reason, not to much creativity anymore, :-/ saddening honestly.
Ohhhh that water lash didn't bend precisely at the 3.4 second mark, yep scrap that its not canon (that's how I feel on all my suggestion pages lol).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's indeed hard to come up with stuff that would have been possible but was never showed in the show. But we're not out of ideas yet, and there are plenty of things to add.
And also, I'm not happy with EarthRide at all xD

LeafHD_

Verified Member
It's indeed hard to come up with stuff that would have been possible but was never showed in the show. But we're not out of ideas yet, and there are plenty of things to add.
And also, I'm not happy with EarthRide at all xD
I respect the first statement and EarthRide is bae, pls nu giv up on it.

Loony

Verified Member
Firstly, when we say canon we don't expect you to have an exact reference to where it happened in the show. It doesn't have to have happened in the show at all. If it seems like the bender could have done it they it's canon, to me at least.

Secondly, the reason we deny suggestions that have already been suggested is because when we look through all the 'looking into' suggestions before planning out the next version of the plugin, it would take us 10x longer if we also had to read through suggestions that are incredibly similar to other suggestions.

Thirdly, I liked the idea of a steam bending sub element but it was vetoed by our Head Dev for reasons you can ask him about. As for classes that wasn't in the show.. It's a bending plugin and we wish to keep it as that. We, (at least I think) don't have any interest in creating a martial arts plugin.

Fourthly, I denied sand spike because what they were describing was raise earth but on sand and you can already use raise earth on sand.

Fithly (<- is that a word?), the pending review prefix is when we have read the post but we're waiting for something before marking it. It's usually the community's thoughts on the idea.
The in development prefix is abit, iffy. We don't mark things in development often unless we 100% know we're adding it into the core, and that isn't often.

Sixthly (<- ok I know that isn't a word), having MORE particles in the plugin means more lag. The plugin constantly pushing particles out causes lag so I don't think we need more, but I do get what you're saying about things looking better and I don't think that's important as of now.

..and finally, we added WaterArms and a lot of people had mixed feelings about it. We might have stuff planned for adding resources, wait and see. :p

- on a side note: yes, the staff hear all of your complaints loud and clear. We always have, but progress takes time. Especially with the lack of developers we have right now.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
@Loony Ey, I suggested SteamBending, but it was denied. I actually had multiple sources from the show, but I think you already know. But I'm not sure if i was the only one who suggested it...

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Loony Ey, I suggested SteamBending, but it was denied. I actually had multiple sources from the show, but I think you already know. But I'm not sure if i was the only one who suggested it...
Nope. There is ALOT of them. The Staff now officially denied for the creation of steambending sub and its moves.