• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Grammatical Error of the Project Korra (Core) Download Description

xNuminousx

Verified Member
So I found this error while reading the description.....

It's in this section:
"
For Developers

More specifically here:
"YOu can find a list"
"YOu"

Not a big deal or anything... Just something I noticed.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Found something else..... It's just something inconsistent I noticed. Refer to this LARGE bit:

"Airbending - Air is the element of freedom. The key to Airbending is flexibility and finding and following the path of least resistance. Airbending is notable for being almost purely defensive, as well as possessing the most dynamic moveset of the four bending arts. Airbenders can overwhelm many opponents at once with large and powerful attacks that could prove fatal.

Additionally, Airbenders specialize in mobility and defensive. The land is an ideal spot for an airbender, as they can quickly scale large mountains or cross the largest of deserts. While able to bend in the water, an Airbender will find itself much more useful on land.

Finally, Airbenders are natural pacifists. They lack much raw damage output by default, but make up for it in their mobility, utility, and speed. Airbenders work with a decreased rate of hunger, meaning they can go further on little food, and take no fall damage.

Waterbending
Water is the element of change. The fighting style of a waterbender is mostly fluid and graceful, acting in concert with the environment. Waterbenders deal with the flow of energy; they let their defense become their offense and turn their opponents own forces against them. Even when waterbenders do take an attack stance, their moves always appear to flow from one to the other.

A waterbender specializes in maneuverability in and around the water and will find his or herself at home in the water. They possess a mixture of defensive and offensive abilities. Their moveset opens up possibilities in bodies of water that are otherwise closed to the other disciplines. More skilled waterbenders can bend the water in another player, that is, bend their blood and control their movements.

Earthbending
Earth is the element of substance. The key to earthbending is waiting and listening for the right moment to strike, and, when that moment comes, acting decisively. In other words, earthbenders generally endure their enemies' attacks until the right opportunity to counterattack reveals itself.

An earthbender specialized in manipulating the earth around them. Any area containing land is perfect for an earthbender. An earthbender can use the earth to protect themselves (by creating armor and walls), transportation (by launching yourself), digging, blasting earth and other players, bending metal, and so much more.

An Earthbender's arsenal is similar to a Waterbenders in a sense that it is a mixture of both defensive and offensive techniques.

Firebending
Fire is the element of power. Firebending is known for its intense and aggressive attacking style and general lack of adequate defensive moves. A skilled firebender can, however, turn offensive maneuvers into defensive maneuvers, such as creating walls of fire while being careful not to burn themselves.

Unlike the other disciplines, Firebenders possess a very offensive playstyle. Any environment other than water is suitable for Firebenders. They possess little natural mobility and defensive technique, although they are great at using raw power to break through their opponents' defense.

Chiblocking
Chiblocking is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries. Blocking someone's chi renders the victim's muscles useless and temporarily disables a bender's abilities.

Chiblockers specialize in bare handed combat. Skilled chiblockers can use their strikes to temporarily block a player's bending. They are natural acrobats, they take less fall damage, run faster, and jump higher than any discipline other than airbending.

Additionally, their bare handed strikes do more damage than other players. That said, a chiblocker lacks much defensive capabilities and can be attacked if they aren't careful."

Notice how the Airbending format is different from the others. Let's compare it to Waterbending:
Airbending:

"Airbending - Air is the element of freedom. The key to Airbending is flexibility and finding and following the path of least resistance. Airbending is notable for being almost purely defensive, as well as possessing the most dynamic moveset of the four bending arts. Airbenders can overwhelm many opponents at once with large and powerful attacks that could prove fatal.

Additionally, Airbenders specialize in mobility and defensive. The land is an ideal spot for an airbender, as they can quickly scale large mountains or cross the largest of deserts. While able to bend in the water, an Airbender will find itself much more useful on land.

Finally, Airbenders are natural pacifists. They lack much raw damage output by default, but make up for it in their mobility, utility, and speed. Airbenders work with a decreased rate of hunger, meaning they can go further on little food, and take no fall damage."

Waterbending:
"Waterbending
Water is the element of change. The fighting style of a waterbender is mostly fluid and graceful, acting in concert with the environment. Waterbenders deal with the flow of energy; they let their defense become their offense and turn their opponents own forces against them. Even when waterbenders do take an attack stance, their moves always appear to flow from one to the other.

A waterbender specializes in maneuverability in and around the water and will find his or herself at home in the water. They possess a mixture of defensive and offensive abilities. Their moveset opens up possibilities in bodies of water that are otherwise closed to the other disciplines. More skilled waterbenders can bend the water in another player, that is, bend their blood and control their movements."

Notice how air has a "Airbending - [Description]" while Waterbending has a "Waterbending [press enter] [description]"

I will post more as I read to see if I can find any other inconsistencies or errors.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
In this bit:
"Earthbending
Earth is the element of substance. The key to earthbending is waiting and listening for the right moment to strike, and, when that moment comes, acting decisively. In other words, earthbenders generally endure their enemies' attacks until the right opportunity to counterattack reveals itself.

An earthbender specialized in manipulating the earth around them. Any area containing land is perfect for an earthbender. An earthbender can use the earth to protect themselves (by creating armor and walls), transportation (by launching yourself), digging, blasting earth and other players, bending metal, and so much more.

An Earthbender's arsenal is similar to a Waterbenders in a sense that it is a mixture of both defensive and offensive techniques."

This quote here:
"An earthbender specialized in manipulating the earth around them."

Maybe it should say (as a fix): "An earthbender specializes in manipulating the earth around them"

So instead of "specialized" use "specializes"

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
For the Watebending Spoiler:
Waterbender using the OctopusForm Ability

I think you (or someone) should retake this. It's very dark so it's kind of difficult to see for some computers.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Me neither, lol. We, me and Num, are having a party! #CactusJuiceIncluded

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Loony

Verified Member
So I found this error while reading the description.....

It's in this section:
"
For Developers

More specifically here:
"YOu can find a list"
"YOu"

Not a big deal or anything... Just something I noticed.
Instead of making posts about these things, it might be better just to message Mist directly.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well it sounds like it, considering you're pointing out typos and you tagged the admin, as If you want to bring their attention to fix those errors.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yes but it's not like I'm suggesting a new idea or anything. Just pointing out flaws they might want to fix. I would have put it in a report forum, I guess I didn't think it really fit there either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk