• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Good Websites to Learn Programming

owlcool

Verified Member
This is basically a page for everyone to share websites where you can learn programming at, preferably for free. This can be helpful to show to the players that want to learn to code moves but don't even know the basics of Java.
www.codecademy.com
This website is free, but you need to make an account for it. You can't learn java from it, something of a trend I noticed from most programming sites. It has python, Html, plenty of languages other then java.
Edit: You now can learn Java from Codecademy. It is still completely free, but more lessons for java are still being developed. The lessons are very high quality by the way, and completely free still.
www.programmr.com
This website is free, but you need to make an account for it. You can learn java from it, although it is difficult to navigate to the courses. It also has things like Python.
www.codecombat.com
This website is free, and to use it you don't even need to make an account. To save your progress you have to make an account, of course. This website is mainly just a game that teaches you basic languages such as Python. You can pay a certain amount of money a month to get secret stuff, but I haven't reached a point yet that I need to do that.
www.codingbat.com
This website is free, and to use it you don't even need to make an account. It does feel bland to look at however, but it does have Java.
https://www.udemy.com/java-tutorial/
This website I think needs an account, but it is free and teaches Java through hands on video tutorials
http://www.learnjavaonline.org/
This website doesn't need an account, but the code input and output boxes are broken, I believe. It should teach basic Java.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
I learned through TechRocket and an app on my phone
How the hell did you find that website? xD
I thought I knew practically every website there was that taught you programming, and that website doesn't exactly seem new. xD
Major fail on my part.

What was the app anyway? Was it by chance cocademy or udemy?

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
How the hell did you find that website? xD
I thought I knew practically every website there was that taught you programming, and that website doesn't exactly seem new. xD
Major fail on my part.

What was the app anyway? Was it by chance cocademy or udemy?
Learn Java, Learn C++, Learn HTML, they have a ton of them. Android apps; and because I'm looking into going to iD Tech camps (have a programming camp next week).

Hero

Verified Member
Hmmmmm.....maybe ill take up in this.....seems weird though.....but I womt have to rely on anyone!

owlcool

Verified Member
Hmmmmm.....maybe ill take up in this.....seems weird though.....but I womt have to rely on anyone!
The programming teacher in my High School recommends Codecademy, as he teaches Python. Codecademy and Programmr seem similar in Quality, and Programmr teaches Java. So, it is obvious you should use Programmr to learn Java!!!!

Hero

Verified Member
The programming teacher in my High School recommends Codecademy, as he teaches Python. Codecademy and Programmr seem similar in Quality, and Programmr teaches Java. So, it is obvious you should use Programmr to learn Java!!!!
It says I need to make an account, is it completely free? I dont want some dumb trial version.

owlcool

Verified Member
It says I need to make an account, is it completely free? I dont want some dumb trial version.
It is free, you need an account to keep your progress.
You can make your account from Facebook or maybe Google +.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Its awesome to see so many community members interested in programming! If you guys need to ask questions or get any support feel free to ask (although id prefer to not get majorly spammed :p)

Hero

Verified Member
Its awesome to see so many community members interested in programming! If you guys need to ask questions or get any support feel free to ask (although id prefer to not get majorly spammed :p)
"Blah blah blah programming." "Stuff stuff stuff I get spam stuff stuff" "Hero is awesome!"