• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Freezing should have a COOLDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Don't know If this would be possible with custom abilities, but... Cut-to-the-chase, Waterbending has a ton of ways to freeze someone. And I when a ton, I mean LOTS OF ways. (torrent, surge, gimbal, frosthbreath, waterwave, waterflow, ect.).

I don't know how, but when someone kepts spamming you with freezing techniques, and when that happens - it becomes very ANNOYING. I don't know, but waterbending doesn't waterbending If people keep on doing the normal-freeze-normal-freeze-freeze-normal sequent attacks. Ice incapitation is just disorentating, irritating and most of all - too powerful. With the combination of octopusform, overlaying the ice dome with another, the suffocating factor and blindness - too much scary. Perhaps tone it down abit with these ice domes being more fragile (via one punch of a block oughta destroy all), If not for the cooldown?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
??
You do get the point on how ice is very present on the waterbending arsenal. Nonetheless, it has been seen way too often to ignore in the show, specially during Book 2: Spirits, in which most of the plot was set on the Water Tribes. Most of the waterbenders seen in the show resorted to ice as to freeze or damage the opponent.

Yet, I cannot recall one time when freezing the opponent was as quick and fast as double-clicking with Torrent, except, maybe, Esna and Desna freezing Mako and Bolin in the Spirit World. As so, I agree with you, on the matter that freezing abilities or abilities that spawn ice around the target should be nerfed in some way: either on the controls or on the cooldown.

I would even add, better saying, remove, the slowness effect most icebending abilities give to the target, as it would, in my point of view, be as brutal and effective as a rock, the only difference being their substances.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You do get the point on how ice is very present on the waterbending arsenal. Nonetheless, it has been seen way too often to ignore in the show, specially during Book 2: Spirits, in which most of the plot was set on the Water Tribes. Most of the waterbenders seen in the show resorted to ice as to freeze or damage the opponent.
Yeah but, ice moves don't freeze and in the show they used a lot of ice attacks instead of only spam-freezing. By the title, I'm referring to incapicating your target with trapping ice.
I would even add, better saying, remove, the slowness effect most icebending abilities give to the target, as it would, in my point of view, be as brutal and effective as a rock, the only difference being their substances.
Yeah. I think I had made a suggestion for a better replacement over the slowness principle. Can't remember, but it was probably a good one.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think a better solution would be to change how people are actually frozen, but aside from that half of the abilities you mention are not stock abilities and therefore are not supported within PK Core. There are currently only 3 ways to freeze someone in Core and that is Torrent Surge and IceWave, the rest are JedCore abilities.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.